Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How much money to spend per week for diet?

Currently looking for a decent cutting diet while gaining lean muscle mass.

Im 18, weight: 80-83kg. Bodyfat: 15-16% or less? honestly dont have a clue.

I dont want to spend alot but anyone have any ideas? if possible could they make me a quick diet plan which i can just use for everyday.

I would want the following in the diet: Eggs, Chicken, Potato, Apples?, Protein Shake x1, thats all i can think of :/

How much a week do you think would be necessary to spend on a diet??.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It appears you know very little about proper nutrition. Please take the time to read all the sticky posts at the top of the nutrition forum. I assure you you won't regret it.

In terms of money spent; are you on a strict budget? What kind of food do you enjoy?

You can buy cheap food in bulk like rice, oats and frozen meats - but in order to give an estimation of cost I need to know what food you enjoy.

Also I wouldn't recommend you plan a daily protein shake, supplements exist solely to supplement a diet lacking in certain areas. There's no reason not to get your protein from food. So to plan for a daily shake is the same as planning for a lacking food choice.

And lastly, you cannot lose fat while building muscle. You have to either bulk or cut.

Again - read the stickies and come back with any questions.

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    $0. I'm 16, so my parents pay for me

But i do keep track, and it ranges from $80-$100.

Anyways, diets are not always a good idea. they tend to lead to binge eating, and micronutrient deficiencies.

Do what MrBillson said...

Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesyboii is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    It appears you know very little about proper nutrition. Please take the time to read all the sticky posts at the top of the nutrition forum. I assure you you won't regret it.

In terms of money spent; are you on a strict budget? What kind of food do you enjoy?

You can buy cheap food in bulk like rice, oats and frozen meats - but in order to give an estimation of cost I need to know what food you enjoy.

Also I wouldn't recommend you plan a daily protein shake, supplements exist solely to supplement a diet lacking in certain areas. There's no reason not to get your protein from food. So to plan for a daily shake is the same as planning for a lacking food choice.

And lastly, you cannot lose fat while building muscle. You have to either bulk or cut.

Again - read the stickies and come back with any questions.
    I know a little but anyway, for the budget yeah ranging from 20GBP-30GBP a week.
    I love all meats, dont like oats or anything like that. I like most veggies, eggs, potato, rice etc
    I plan to have a protein shake to count as a meal which i can use a post or for pre.. saves abit of cooking and time.
    I plan to maintain lean muscle mass and loose fat.

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jonesyboii View Post
    I know a little but anyway, for the budget yeah ranging from 20GBP-30GBP a week.
    I love all meats, dont like oats or anything like that. I like most veggies, eggs, potato, rice etc
    I plan to have a protein shake to count as a meal which i can use a post or for pre.. saves abit of cooking and time.
    I plan to maintain lean muscle mass and loose fat.
    All fine except you do not need a pre or post workout shake/meal.

Eat when is convenient/comfortable.

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No vegetables?

Jesus H. I feel like Mother Hen up in here.

"Don't forget to eat your veggies, junior!"

Errfukin post.

Well Mother Hen, if you read my last reply it states i do infact eat veggies.

WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000) WMLifting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KayPS View Post
    No vegetables?

Jesus H. I feel like Mother Hen up in here.

"Don't forget to eat your veggies, junior!"

Errfukin post.
    16 oz bag of frozen spinach a day for this young chap

Well Mother Hen, if you read my last reply it states i do infact eat veggies.
    dude read the stickies...

eoghankid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to cut and preserve muscle you'd need to eat high protein so that budget isn't really practical unless you get meat at a cheaper price, a shake is 24-48g protein depending on whether you use 1-2 scoops. The basic recommended amount of protein is 2.2g per kg body weight or lean muscle mass, cutting you need to preserve muscle so body weight is probably the safer option. You need to get maybe 150g protein in excluding the shake so if you use chicken it's gonna cost you at least a fiver a day
    "Besides, it is a disgrace to grow old through sheer carelessness before seeing what manner of man you may become by developing your bodily strength and beauty to their highest limit. But you cannot see that, if you are careless; for it will not come of its own accord.”

Socrates.

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Originally Posted by WMLifting View Post
    dude read the stickies...
    I am reading the stickies young chap. Just asking how much money would be possible for this sort of cut, but i guess it doesn't bother you since you get your parents to pay for it.

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I didn't see your other post. I was going by the OP. As long as you don't think potatoes count as vegetables.

I am reading the stickies young chap. Just asking how much money would be possible for this sort of cut, but i guess it doesn't bother you since you get your parents to pay for it.
    Actually it does, hence the reason why i mentioned that i keep track of it?

you could easily buy cutting foods for $50 a week.

I didn't see your other post. I was going by the OP. As long as you don't think potatoes count as vegetables.
    Oh potatoes aren't vegetables? thanks Mother Hen. Seriously who the hell would think that.. You got a problem or something?

joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can get by pretty cheap if you hit a few different grocery stores and don't mind spending some time doing a bit of research.

After a while you will know what stores sell particular items at the lowest prices. Also some stores won't carry certain items so you'll have to pay more at the higher priced store if you really want it. Just put in the work and take notes if you have to.

Newspapers and advertisements (also online) are great ways to find deals on the essentials.
    *We Outchea* crew

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    How much money you spend completely relies on the food you enjoy. If you eat the same thing every day then obviously you'll be close to the same amount every week. If it varies then it depends on what you buy obviously. If you buy cheap or expensive food matters too. No one can give you a good answer for this considering prices vary from region, country or state. That being said I average at least $50-70 a week not counting extras which might include eating out or splurges.
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

Oh potatoes aren't vegetables? thanks Mother Hen. Seriously who the hell would think that.. You got a problem or something?
    their mainly starches and don't contain near the ammount of nutrients as other fibrous vegetables. the only potato i would even consider to be near a vegetable would be sweet potato because they do contain may nutrients.
    when i think vegetables, i think fibrous, meaning broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, etc. that have a dense micronutrient profile in such a low intake of them.

Originally Posted by joefreas View Post
    You can get by pretty cheap if you hit a few different grocery stores and don't mind spending some time doing a bit of research.

After a while you will know what stores sell particular items at the lowest prices. Also some stores won't carry certain items so you'll have to pay more at the higher priced store if you really want it. Just put in the work and take notes if you have to.

Newspapers and advertisements (also online) are great ways to find deals on the essentials.
    Alright mate, thanks for the HQ post instead of same lame LQ post which ive been mostly getting on this thread.

joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000) joefreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Alright mate, thanks for the HQ post instead of same lame LQ post which ive been mostly getting on this thread.
    No prob.

My wife and I sit down on Sunday morning and go through the paper and use the Ipad too to look for deals. Then we spend an hour or two going around and picking up the best deals.
    *We Outchea* crew

their mainly starches and don't contain near the ammount of nutrients as other fibrous vegetables. the only potato i would even consider to be near a vegetable would be sweet potato because they do contain may nutrients.
    when i think vegetables, i think fibrous, meaning broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach, etc. that have a dense micronutrient profile in such a low intake of them.
    That is just so fascinating young chap but please stop replying, one post from you is enough for today. Also work on that grammar, ill get mother Hen on you if you dont.

Simmer down, kid. It wasn't a comment on you. You'd be surprised what people come in this forum thinking.

Don't take things so personally.

That is just so fascinating young chap but please stop replying, one post from you is enough for today. Also work on that grammar, ill get mother Hen on you if you dont.
    *they're

Simmer down, kid. It wasn't a comment on you. You'd be surprised what people come in this forum thinking.

Don't take things so personally.
    I'm 18, so i'm not classed as a kid, alright? & keep your opinions to yourself while you'll doing that drop the immaturity.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    don't everybody rush to put in a few hours making up his meal plan for him

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm 18, so i'm not classed as a kid, alright? & keep your opinions to yourself while you'll doing that drop the immaturity.

You are not exactly acting like an adult...
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good grief this forum is condescending.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    No one's going to make you a meal plan, bro.

Watch these and then you'll be able to do it yourself:
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Part one

Part two

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6 (final):

All credit to 3DMJ and Eric Helms

Why are you getting so upset?

Choc Milk Connoisseur SacramentoZach's Avatar
    SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I remember when I was 18 and knew everything.

No one is going to make you a meal plan. You expect to be spoon fed?

Originally Posted by SacramentoZach View Post
    I remember when I was 18 and knew everything.

No one is going to make you a meal plan. You expect to be spoon fed?
    You know what happens...