MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)

Uk tv programme: how not to grow old

So, last nights had this woman who refuses to disclose her age but says her exercise programme will keep you young. It's lots of arm and leg waving at high speed (think kickbacks, for example, done at about 2 per second)

She says that doing weighted exercises, like squats, will just make you big and bulky. Whereas her routine will make you toned. If this is on mainstream tv what hope is there?!

Hmmm. Anyone that's seen it care to take a guess at her age? I'm thinking 45, and that she's actually aged really badly. Lol.

She goes by the name of "Barbara bum"

KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just catching up on this show now, I'll report back with my guesstimate .

EDIT: I would guess mid-late 50's and she's definitely full of broscience. "Moving slowly builds muscle, moving fast burns fat". Oh lawd.
    Last edited by KCBiggs; 08-15-2013 at 07:23 AM.

MrsMaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MadCatLady View Post
    So, last nights had this woman who refuses to disclose her age but says her exercise programme will keep you young. It's lots of arm and leg waving at high speed (think kickbacks, for example, done at about 2 per second)

She says that doing weighted exercises, like squats, will just make you big and bulky. Whereas her routine will make you toned. If this is on mainstream tv what hope is there?!

Hmmm. Anyone that's seen it care to take a guess at her age? I'm thinking 45, and that she's actually aged really badly. Lol.

She goes by the name of "Barbara bum"
    yes I watched this! I thought she looked awful and her neck looked like she was about 105! my guess is that she is about 70. and naturally very slim/petite and never had a weight issue.
    those movements she was doing were sooo fast! I feel sorry for her joints!
    http://www.4hotels.co.uk/

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is this anything like the woman who does "Prancercising"? LMAO

KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000) KCBiggs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    Is this anything like the woman who does "Prancercising"? LMAO
    Not nearly as funny as prancercise lol, the woman on this show just flails her arms and legs about really fast.

rach1664 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Barbara Bum looked ropey as hell. And personally I wouldnt like to look like her when I'm older but she seemed very happy and confident.

It's a mainstream programme for mainstream folks. And if it gets people moving about more that's great. in general, people aren't automatically drawn to weight lifting but by engaging in exercise their thirst for knowledge can be initiated.

Whilst 'BB's' knowledge seemed a little off I think this is a cultural issue. People don't question information they are given. They blindly accept it. Whether that's diet or exercise, crime figures or anything else you care to chuck in the mix.

You hear about the struggle of the NHS every day and anyone who's been to a&e recently doesn't need to question that information! But part of the burden is from people who do not move. They eat. They put on too much weight for their frame. And their joints ache, they can't breate properly, they become diabetic etc etc. if BB inspires people to move more, Grrrrrreat x

Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000) Alien5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    wait wait wait this is a real show in the UK?

lurv.

edit: i should just move to the UK instead of FL.
    Last edited by Alien5; 08-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    I'm not saying its aliens but......it's aliens

toon z