RedrumSparrow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Seriously frustrated...

Hey all sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section... not really sure where else to put it though.

So basically I broke my scaphoid (lower wrist) a couple of years ago and in the past I have always lifted through it. However, I eventually (recently) had to get the surgery requiring a bone graft out of my hip and a couple of screws. I have been taking nitric and BCAAs as well as many vitamins to move the healing process along, but we all know these things take time.

I did some searches and saw some stuff on people who had broken scaphoids, but here's my kicker... About 8 years ago I had shattered my elbow on the SAME SIDE that my bad wrist is on now. As you may imagine this has caused some muscular imbalance from side to side. Now, it's my weaker arm (my 'chicken wing') that I CANT USE!!! RRR!! It doesn't take too much for me to size up and cut down as my body is very responsive to lifting... but I am at my all time lowest weight and lowest shred, and I'm just sitting here!! I need to know SOME WAY to work out my rear delt, bicep, and tricep on this side. Its driving me nuts. Not because of ego but just due to personal self satisfaction. Its very depressing... hard to even be motivated to think about lifting...

Anyway its an integral part of who I am.... I NEED to hit the weight pile...and it seems I cant even do something like P90x to get through the possibly very long rough patch... does anyone have any ideas? Thanks..

P.S.^^ Its a bad one... had avascular necrosis where 1/3 of the bone had 'vanished', already have arthritis and pseudoarthrosis... and as I mentioned the grafting surgerty. I guess the question is how to bulk the arm and shoulder with a less impactful workout??
    Last edited by RedrumSparrow; 08-14-2013 at 03:36 PM.

simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) simpleguy4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am a few months post total right hip replacement......I don't dwell on what I can't do, I devote all of my energy to what I can. Train around your arm and do what you can with it, maybe devote this time to really bringing up your legs. As my legs were a strong point anyway, I am taking this time to improve my upper body....the main thing is get in the gym and do something!!! It will be good for your mind, body, and soul......
    Take a look at the guys who may be missing an arm, a leg, in a wheelchair, etc. who still get into the gym and make the most of what they have got!!!!
    Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete-TEAM AX
    Quest Protein Bar Athlete
    Nutrient Sciences/Kymera Energy Rep
    2012 Team Universe MW Champion
    Member Team USA 2012 IFBB Worlds-Ecuador