ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100)

Begginner needing help

I came from the BB time of training, i want to start training like a strongman, i want to get a lot of strength, i was wondering if someone could leave here a begginner strongman routine so i can follow out, i know about bodybuilding but i know nothing about strongman and strength programs, so can someone pleave leave here a good and effective begginner strongman program. Thanks

I want to be built like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyWf8EoeksA

rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rjm522 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I will say to look into Madcow or 5/3/1....5/3/1 for powerlifting also, if you have an interest in powerlifting.

I watched the beginning of the video - about 2 minutes - and the guys I saw are powerlifters. You referenced strongman training in your original post. The training is different for strongman than PL. Yes, there is crossover. Atlas stones, yoke, tire flip, keg toss, Conan's wheel, Farmer's Walk, etc are all SM type events. Dead, squat and bench are PL.

There is plenty of info on this site for Madcow or the 5/3/1. 5/3/1 also has books you can purchase...which I recommend. After you decide on a program head on over to the nutrition section so you can get assistance figuring out the best macro/micro plan so you can eat correctly.

Keep us updated on your progress.
    “Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.” ― Henry David Thoreau. This is why I am running the 5/3/1 program.

ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100) ZeroWeiss is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by rjm522 View Post
    I will say to look into Madcow or 5/3/1....5/3/1 for powerlifting also, if you have an interest in powerlifting.

I watched the beginning of the video - about 2 minutes - and the guys I saw are powerlifters. You referenced strongman training in your original post. The training is different for strongman than PL. Yes, there is crossover. Atlas stones, yoke, tire flip, keg toss, Conan's wheel, Farmer's Walk, etc are all SM type events. Dead, squat and bench are PL.

There is plenty of info on this site for Madcow or the 5/3/1. 5/3/1 also has books you can purchase...which I recommend. After you decide on a program head on over to the nutrition section so you can get assistance figuring out the best macro/micro plan so you can eat correctly.

Keep us updated on your progress.
    Yes Powerlifting like the guy in the video, that's the type of strength training i am aiming for, doing big DL's, Squats, bench and getting a overall massive strength like that guy. Madcow you say for this type of objective?

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=ZeroWeiss;1118404473]Yes Powerlifting like the guy in the video, that's the type of strength training i am aiming for, doing big DL's, Squats, bench and getting a overall massive strength like that guy. Madcow you say for this type of objective?[/QUO

How much can you squat, bench press and deadlift right now?
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

[QUOTE=BigJon55;1118408963]
    Originally Posted by ZeroWeiss View Post
    Yes Powerlifting like the guy in the video, that's the type of strength training i am aiming for, doing big DL's, Squats, bench and getting a overall massive strength like that guy. Madcow you say for this type of objective?[/QUO

How much can you squat, bench press and deadlift right now?
    Lame weight, i am a begginner

154lbs squats for 6 reps.

308 lbs DL's for 2 reps.

165lbs flat bench press for 8 reps

abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am not going to lie and say you're numbers are high became they are not, but there is nothing wrong with that because this only means they can only go up.

If you're able and willing, I'd look into 5/3/1 Powerlifting and then compliment it with Boring But Big or assistance exercises that suit your needs.

But remember to see true results you'll need to stick with this program for a solid 6 months. Going program to program every month because you're not seeing results isn't going to help you (not saying you will).

You gotta look at what you want as Madcow might be to much for you - not sure how your recovery is, your diet etc...

[QUOTE=ZeroWeiss;1118416253]
    Originally Posted by BigJon55 View Post

Lame weight, i am a begginner

154lbs squats for 6 reps.

308 lbs DL's for 2 reps.

165lbs flat bench press for 8 reps

Is there more powerlifting begginners programs i can check out? i only found madcow 5x5, ripptoe starting strength and westside powerlifting, if anyone knows more please post them here so i can check them out, thanks

abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10) abronxtale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=ZeroWeiss;1118460743]
    Originally Posted by abronxtale View Post
    I am not going to lie and say you're numbers are high became they are not, but there is nothing wrong with that because this only means they can only go up.

If you're able and willing, I'd look into 5/3/1 Powerlifting and then compliment it with Boring But Big or assistance exercises that suit your needs.

But remember to see true results you'll need to stick with this program for a solid 6 months. Going program to program every month because you're not seeing results isn't going to help you (not saying you will).

You gotta look at what you want as Madcow might be to much for you - not sure how your recovery is, your diet etc...

Yeah about recovery... if i get too sore at first, should i still workout sore or what?

Its hard for me to answer that. There is a difference between muscle soreness and pain. I mean there are days when I go in and I'm sore from previous days lift but after some mobility work (30 minutes) I'm okay to do the work I need to do.

For you, you may want to try an every other day approach for the first 3 weeks and see how that goes.

So many things factor into recovery though. Diet. Sleep. Fish Oil. Mobility/Foam Rolling. Water.

Look into 5/3/1 either the regular or Powerlifting and then Boring But Big. Run that for a while or find something you'll enjoy.

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    531 for powerlifting has a very slow progression programmed into it. You could speed this up I suppose but since your lifts are still relatively low you should start a program that is for people with relatively low lifts. 531 is better suited to intermediate+ lifters in my opinion. If I were you, I would run Starting Strength as long as possible until you've milked all your linear gains which could take quite a while. When you reached that point then you should swap to something like madcows or the Texas Method that has a weekly progression. Once you run into a wall with that then 531 would be more appropriate seeing as how it progresses in small increments monthly.
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SPFjudge has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to look like KK as well. How long will it take on 531 to look like that?
    ***Georgia Crew***

tlstiggers has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up im with you man

Hey I'm with you id like some step by step instruction
    But I wanna look like me just a better me

Originally Posted by SPFjudge View Post
    I want to look like KK as well. How long will it take on 531 to look like that?
    Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!
    Psalm 31:24

-Pain is weakness leaving the body- U.S.M.C

HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HairyBear007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BigJon55 View Post
    531 for powerlifting has a very slow progression programmed into it. You could speed this up I suppose but since your lifts are still relatively low you should start a program that is for people with relatively low lifts. 531 is better suited to intermediate+ lifters in my opinion. If I were you, I would run Starting Strength as long as possible until you've milked all your linear gains which could take quite a while. When you reached that point then you should swap to something like madcows or the Texas Method that has a weekly progression. Once you run into a wall with that then 531 would be more appropriate seeing as how it progresses in small increments monthly.
    Exactly as you said. From daily to weekly, montly......If one stops go to the other.