Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Is my pectus bad?

I'm 210 pounds and 11-12% body fat. Abs are weak because I'm a little too lazy to work them out sometimes lol. Anyways, I'm wondering if I can still bodybuild with a chest like this. I really want to too!! It's easy for me to gain size, since I'm 18 with 18 inch arms and all natural.
    Attached Images

jayare211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Holy **** you're arm dominant, your chest is really lagging. when you bench do you feel it in your arms or chest?

Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ridge596 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jayare211 View Post
    Holy **** you're arm dominant, your chest is really lagging. when you bench do you feel it in your arms or chest?
    That's not just how my chest looks or grows? Because I do feel it in my chest whenever I workout chest, but I csn admit to me being tricep dominant. It's my most impressive muscle lol

Jordsyorks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whats your routine like?

Originally Posted by Jordsyorks View Post
    Whats your routine like?
    Which one? Every day of the week or just on chest and tri days

All, for the simple fact can see what your legs look like.

All, for the simple fact can see what your legs look like.
    day one is legs. Day two is chest and tris. Day three back and bis. Dag four break. Day five shoulders. Day six tris and bis. Day sevrn break. Rinse and repeat

I'm also really wondering is if the gap in my chest as bad as I think if is. Because it really really bothers me

mistershak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    try using a wider grip on the bench press and concentrait when pushing so you use you chest and get the squeeze

So you only do your legs and back once a week each but yet you do your arms twice? No wonder your going to be arm dominant same goes with your chest, if you know somthing is lagging wouldnt it be worth training that harder?
    For example my routine goes, Monday rest Tuesday sholders and legs Wednesday chest and back Thursday arms Friday legs Saturday chest and back Sunday rest and I finish every session with dead lifts going from light at the beginning of the week upto heavy on a Saturday when I prioritise my back.

LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LivingEnd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow 210 at 11-12%??!?! wooow

So you only do your legs and back once a week each but yet you do your arms twice? No wonder your going to be arm dominant same goes with your chest, if you know somthing is lagging wouldnt it be worth training that harder?
    For example my routine goes, Monday rest Tuesday sholders and legs Wednesday chest and back Thursday arms Friday legs Saturday chest and back Sunday rest and I finish every session with dead lifts going from light at the beginning of the week upto heavy on a Saturday when I prioritise my back.
    U'm not worried about being arm doninant haha. I love my arms. I will tske the advice on the chest though.

Yh you might love your arms but youve got to remember that the biceps are a relatively small muscle compared to the pecs. If it was me I would swap training the arms twise to once a week but do less sets with them but increase the weight then that would free a day up to put another chest routine in. But try not to do the same chest routine because youll more than probably stall quicker. I do my dumbell work on a Wednesday and barbell work on a Saturday.

Yh you might love your arms but youve got to remember that the biceps are a relatively small muscle compared to the pecs. If it was me I would swap training the arms twise to once a week but do less sets with them but increase the weight then that would free a day up to put another chest routine in. But try not to do the same chest routine because youll more than probably stall quicker. I do my dumbell work on a Wednesday and barbell work on a Saturday.
    By the way. My arms arr so big because I work out chest hard lol. My biceps are minuscule compared to my tricrps to be honedt lol. Just something about my genetics

Haha genetics are a twat I have to work realy hard on my abs cause of **** genetics but my back and legs grow woth a lot less work. Do you use barbell or dumbells? Im suspecting that if you're using a barbell you're probably using a narrow grip? If you look at somone like arnie he always used to flex his chest after each set to get more blood pumping in there.

I use standard grip. I only use narrow when I do close grip bp for the tricep portion of my workouts.

speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50) speedjason will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    try db press.
    focus on mind to muscle connection.
    drop weight if necessary.
    I would suggest hitting chest two times a week maybe arms once a week. you need to balance it out.

Alright. The whole point of this was to figure out if mt pectus excavatum is bad. Guess it's not since no one seems to notice lol

tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tikeshe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ridge596 View Post
    Alright. The whole point of this was to figure out if mt pectus excavatum is bad. Guess it's not since no one seems to notice lol
    It's not overly easy to notice, unless you're looking for it. When i clicked the link, i assumed you were talking about PE so that's where i looked.

All you can do is work the chest and hope that the muscles hide that fact that you have PE. The dip etc is because of your bone structure, so you can't do anything to change it besides surgery (which, imo, you don't need.)

I've got it similar to you, but from seeing pictures of how extreme some people have it, i don't care too much now.
    [52 books in 52 weeks Crew]

"Let your life lightly dance on the edges of Time like dew on the tip of a leaf." - Rabindranath Tagore

“We enjoy and even thrill to godlike possibilities we see in ourselves in such peak moments. And yet we simultaneously shiver with weakness, awe, and fear before these very same possibilities.”
    ― Abraham Maslow

mars0uille has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe you can try to include push up and dips in your workout... I do a lot of them and it's pretty good for the chest

Dam1en420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar problem as you op. What I did was I switched to chest dips + dumbbell flies for a couple months, dropping all pressing movements altogether and my chest slowly caught up. Now I only use dumbbell presses and chest dips as my main chest workouts. Hope this helps. Good luck brah

mars0uille has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Indeed dips are perfect to expand your chest. I had better results with differents types of push up and dips than bench press or dumbell bench press. You have to find the best exercice for you and your metabolism. Good luck