Zoroaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Digestion problem... Banana for breakfast?

Hey,

So I would really like to get my workout done in the mornings. However, due to a digestion problem, I have to rest 3-4 hours after eating a big meal before I can work out heavilly. But if I eat really light, like a banana, I can work out after only 45 minutes. So my question is will eating a banana (and maybe a small glass milk for some protein?) for breakfast as soon as I wake up give me enough fuel for a heavy workout? And more importantly, can I be sure that I won't be burning my muscles for energy when training on a nearly empty stomach (my body fat % is pretty low, around 7-8 so there's not much fat to burn)? I would of course eat a big meal with a protein shake straight after the work out.

Thanks

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you dont like to workout with food in your stomach simply train fasted
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000) GING3R is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it makes you feel better you can have a protein shake with water upon waking before your workout as a placebo effect for your concerns.

I for one train fasted around lunch time everyday and am not losing muscle. I eat all my food for the day after I workout. You won't burn muscle for energy unless you are in an extreme fasted state (36+ hours) or training for hours upon hours at a time.

To be honest I was in your shoes years ago in regards to the pre workout meal thinking and would try to stuff my face in the morning thinking I needed to eat all this food to perform in the gym, and frankly it's what slowed me down. Bottom line...drink a protein shake if you feel like you need something beforehand but other than that there is nothing wrong with consuming all your calories post workout which is what millions of people do everyday.
    *LSU crew*

Zoroaster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Ging3r, protein shake with water and banana it is.