Thread: Missed period

Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Katie4004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Missed period

I am in the middle of cutting and this month I didn't get my period. Technically I got it but it was extremely light spotting. This has never happened to me before. I am 21 and my periods have been 100% regular for the past 8 years. I know for a fact that I am not pregnant. I know that being underweight or under eating can cause amenorrhea but my bmi is 19.8 and I have been steadily losing about 1/2 a pound per week for the past 3 months. My body fat is a healthy 23ish%. So, I don't get why I would stop having it all of a sudden.

Has anyone else experienced this while cutting? Should I be concerned?

Registered User TigerAngelLeigh's Avatar
    TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10) TigerAngelLeigh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's common for women who do a lot of exercise. Since cutting is temporary, I wouldn't be concerned. Women miss periods for all kinds of reasons and as long as you're getting the nutrients you need and eating enough when you're not cutting, there shouldn't be any permanent effect.

horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10) horseriderrrr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i stopped my period for a long time back when i was doing crazy amounts of cardio and working out. the doctor tested me for a few things, but everything came back okay so she didn't seemed too concerned and said a lot of athletes stop their periods. but when i started taking birth control it came back. you might want to go see a doctor just in case as i can only speak from personal experience, but for me it wasn't a major issue.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd go see a doctor. You shouldn't lose your period just because you are cutting. A few things could be going on....

You're exercising too much and not eating enough.
    Dietary fats are too low (this is the most common reason).
    Or some other medical issue is occurring.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Location: London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500) happyplace is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    I'd go see a doctor. You shouldn't lose your period just because you are cutting. A few things could be going on....

You're exercising too much and not eating enough.
    Dietary fats are too low (this is the most common reason).
    Or some other medical issue is occurring.
    ^^^
    100% this. Your BMI is low for that level of body fat. Unless you are cutting for a contest or some specific reason, have you thought about whether it's the mot appropriate thing for your health right now? Sure, a light period is not a big deal per se, but it is definitely a sign to take heed of, as it's a sign your body is lacking the energy to keep basic reproductive function going. Since, biologically, that is our primary purpose as women, you should certainly take steps to make sure you deal with this problem.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155881453

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it's completely 'normal' if you've constantly been dieting for three months. you'd do well to stop dieting and go back to maintenance. your period should normalise by itself in a few months. if it doesn't, something's off.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."