grappler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how much % do you start your bench with?

Reason I'm asking is, last week I've tried the HIT approach where you do only a couple of sets and max out, and it was a disaster. I can lift 160 in 1 rep max, and i started with 140. I could barely lift it 4 times and the whole workout after that was a disaster. This time I started with 115 and went all the way up to 155 with ease, I felt i could do even more but i decided not to train to total failiure this time. So, now that I'm convinced that the HIT won't work for me, what percentage of my max should I start with to be most effective?

Also, can anyone with a powerlifting background explain how the
    powerlifters in competitions prepair for their 1 rep? I'm asking cuz i'd like to know the way to find my 1RM.

thanks.

HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10) HIT is best is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Please see:

www.cyberpump.com

www.hardgainer.com

Look for topics related to intensity cycling. There should also be information on preperation for low rep work. I train with Ian Douglas, an ex world powerlifting champion. To get to his max lift he gradually gears up to it by training sets of 4X4, 3X3, 2X2 and then 1 over a period of months. Never dive into performing 1 rep max lifts.

Peace
    My progress goes up and down more frequently than a whore at work, but I still love to lift.