Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

eoilers89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anybody have white sun spots on their skin?

Well I have these white sun spots on my chest. It is a fungal infection that I've had for about 3 years now, and it's really bothering me, not in health but in appearance.

I was recommended Selsun Blue, but I also tried some other stuff to no avail.

Does anybody else have these that can help me out??

I've attached 2 pictures to show you guys what they look like...

My question is how Selsun Blue is supposed to help it? Like how will I know when they go away since the rest of my body is tanned. Like if the spots go away how will I know, since the places on my chest where I had them won't be tanned? If you guys catch my drift.

Thanx.
    Leon
    Attached Images

Another one.
    Attached Images

Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000) Carcharodon is just really nice. (+1000)

Post Lotremin?

It looks like you do indeed have what is called tinea versicolor which is in fact a fungal skin infection just as you say.

Have you tried Lotremin topical cream? I believe this is called clortrimizole chemically. That should work after applying twice a day for at least two weeks. After showering of course.

There is a newer anti-fungal whose name I don't remember that is supposedly even more effective. These are both over the counter. Your case appears advanced and severe so I doubt Selsun Blue alone would do it. You can use that or Nizoral or another dandruff type of shampoo that contains Salicylic Acid. I think you know you let it sit one your skin for a time in the shower and then apply the cream after drying thoroughly.

However, I recommend seeing a dermatologist because they would have an effective prescription anti-fungal that would work very fast and effectively most likely. The over the counter stuff is always the older stuff...they've got the "cutting edge" stuff, if you will.

Read labels to make sure there would be no interaction between any topical cream and shampoo as it would say so. Another reason to see the doc.

Good luck.

Stats: 6'3", 252 lbs
    BodyPoints: 189
    LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) LethalGunz34 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit LethalGunz34's BodySpace

Re: Anybody have white sun spots on their skin?

Originally posted by eoilers89
    Well I have these white sun spots on my chest. It is a fungal infection that I've had for about 3 years now, and it's really bothering me, not in health but in appearance.

I was recommended Selsun Blue, but I also tried some other stuff to no avail.

Does anybody else have these that can help me out??

I've attached 2 pictures to show you guys what they look like...

My question is how Selsun Blue is supposed to help it? Like how will I know when they go away since the rest of my body is tanned. Like if the spots go away how will I know, since the places on my chest where I had them won't be tanned? If you guys catch my drift.

Thanx.
    Leon

I also have something similar on my chest but it's almost invisible. Very tiny white/yellowish spots.

steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000)
    yo man i got that same ****.. except im getting it on my wrists and my chest and my back is completely splotched. my mom took me to a dermatologist and they prescribed Sporanox and prescription Selsun Blue 2%. about 2 years ago i went to a doctor to have it checked out and he told me it was a Yeast Infection..so yea hope that helps.
    =)

Originally posted by steadyballin
    yo man i got that same ****.. except im getting it on my wrists and my chest and my back is completely splotched. my mom took me to a dermatologist and they prescribed Sporanox and prescription Selsun Blue 2%. about 2 years ago i went to a doctor to have it checked out and he told me it was a Yeast Infection..so yea hope that helps.
    Yeah my dermatologist told me the same thing. I'm picking up Selsun Blue tomorrow but I think my case is kinda severe if you saw the pictures so I'm not sure if it will help.

One question.... how do I know if the Selsun Blue or anything else for that matter is helping? Since the skin around the spots is tanned how will I know if the spots are going away, b/c even if they do go away the place where they were won't magically become tanned like the skin around it, so won't I still have white spots there, but instead of them being sun spots they'll just be spots on my skin that aren't tanned?

steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000) steadyballin is just really nice. (+1000)
    i know this is a generic-assed answer but the dermatologist i went to who recently prescribed the Sporanox and Selsun said that it would take time to blend up with the surrounding skin and the spots might even reappear

..but the good news [if you wanna call it that] is that everyone has these bacteria in their body and its just that some show it more than others. oh and belive me i look liek ****in michael jackson from my neck down...its nasty.

the doc said Sporanox will definately kill the bacteria on the skin and the Selsun you lather up and use as a body wash for a couple of months t ohelp it from regrowing.

weird thign is that when i went to the doctor acouple of years ago, he said i had a case Vitiligo - a yeast infection.
    =)

Stats: 5'11", 174 lbs
    Serwatuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit Serwatuk's BodySpace
    hey dude, just apply some dandruff shampoo (selenium sulfide shampoo 1%). i work in a tanning salon and this happends all the time to customers.

apply "head and shoulders" to the effected area every night before bed. wash off in the morning. repeat for 2 weeks.

maggie85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Serwatuk View Post
    hey dude, just apply some dandruff shampoo (selenium sulfide shampoo 1%). i work in a tanning salon and this happends all the time to customers.

apply "head and shoulders" to the effected area every night before bed. wash off in the morning. repeat for 2 weeks.
    hey I have the same thing going on on my sholders and a few on the chest (about dime sized spots) my doctor told me the same thing with selson blue. I'm gonna start tonight and keep everyone updated on the progress.
    maggie

maggie85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    can't really compare but I have a few dime sized patches of white, that come out during the summer (tanning time) on my chest and shoulders, my experiment is underway and I'll be keeping in touch.
    Maggie

Stats: 5'9", 165 lbs
    trl268 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trl268 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trl268 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trl268 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trl268 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trl268 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Visit trl268's BodySpace
    the selsun doesnt do a thing i tried it. I used something called advantan ointment. It took a while but sunspots on my stomach are now preety much unseeable although i now have some on my face
    " Ones best success comes after their greatest disappointments"- NEVER GIVE UP !