Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy I'm not losing fat?

I've been slowly trying to lose fat/weight since the beginning of the year, however since April, my body fat % has remained the same, yet I've lost weight.

The past 3 weeks since I started tracking everything I've eaten, ive had a deficit every day and totaled 13000 cal deficit, which goes along with my weight loss. (1lb = 3500cal)

However since April, none of my measurements have gone down even though I'm losing weight, and my before picture taken in January compared to one today, theres virtually no difference.

I'm just not sure whats going on. I work out every day (usually cardio and some body weight type stuff) and I have been around 1000 net cal/day every day except one.

I eat basically all whole foods (chicken breast, fruits, some vegetables), drink only water, and eat out maybe once a week (i get a steak). I also get 9+ hours of sleep every night.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything correct. I just don't know why I'm not SEEING results after this long. I'm down ~12 lbs since I started, yet there's no visible difference.

Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lihkin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you haven any before and after pictures that we can see?

02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Its been three weeks!!! You should go on waist measurements but if the scale is dropping you know your losing weight.

Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Lihkin View Post
    Do you haven any before and after pictures that we can see?
    http://i.imgur.com/HFuja9r.jpg?1

not sure how to embed it

Originally Posted by 02morrison View Post
    Its been three weeks!!! You should go on waist measurements but if the scale is dropping you know your losing weight.
    its been 3+ months, i just started using myfitnesspal again for the first time in a couple months.

basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Start counting you calories properly and use my fitness pal, also start hitting them weights. To be honest there is barley any difference in those before and after pics.

Originally Posted by basedgod10 View Post
    Start counting you calories properly and use my fitness pal, also start hitting them weights. To be honest there is barley any difference in those before and after pics.
    ok...thanks for repeating everything i already said?

basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) basedgod10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Slanman View Post
    ok...thanks for repeating everything i already said?
    haha my bad didn't notice. but you can't tell the difference because you need to start lifting instead of doing bw exercises

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did you expect to be ripped in 10lbs? Honestly, all that happens through that stage is that you look like a slightly smaller version of your fat self. Especially when half of that weight was probably just water. On top of that, 10lbs difference is nothing at that size, you can't expect it to be noticeable when you are at least in the mid-20% BF range. Keep doing your thing, you are making progress, in a few months you'll start seeing the difference in the pictures.

I'm not trying to bring you down but here's my honest opinion. You will not look good after this cut. At your height, weight and current body composition, you are skinnyfat, it will take you a few years and a number of cut/bulk cycles to look good. This thing is a marathon not a sprint though, be prepared to be in this for the long haul, it will be worth it in the end.

One more thing, the sooner you start lifting heavy the better, bodyweight exercises are okay as long as you are using challenging exercises with progressive overload and structured progressions. But that is far easier to do when lifting weights.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    Did you expect to be ripped in 10lbs? Honestly, all that happens through that stage is that you look like a slightly smaller version of your fat self. Especially when half of that weight was probably just water. On top of that, 10lbs difference is nothing at that size, you can't expect it to be noticeable when you are at least in the mid-20% BF range. Keep doing your thing, you are making progress, in a few months you'll start seeing the difference in the pictures.

I'm not trying to bring you down but here's my honest opinion. You will not look good after this cut. At your height, weight and current body composition, you are skinnyfat, it will take you a few years and a number of cut/bulk cycles to look good. This thing is a marathon not a sprint though, be prepared to be in this for the long haul, it will be worth it in the end.

One more thing, the sooner you start lifting heavy the better, bodyweight exercises are okay as long as you are using challenging exercises with progressive overload and structured progressions. But that is far easier to do when lifting weights.
    Exactly what I'm trying to say, listen to this guy

Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post

I didnt expect to look ripped or anything of course, i just thought after losing 10+ lbs there would be some sort of small noticeable difference. And I've been at a 500 cal deficit virtually every day for two months, and for the last month I've been at a 1000 cal deficit daily. There's no way half was water. I honestly don't even care about weight. I just want rid of this fat.

I've also asked before I started but never got an answer. Why do I need to lift weights? After reading numerous threads and asking myself, you can't build muscle and lose fat. It's a bad workout for burning calories, which is what you need to lose fat. So if I won't build muscle and cardio is much better for burning calories, why lift at this point?

02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50) 02morrison will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didnt expect to look ripped or anything of course, i just thought after losing 10+ lbs there would be some sort of small noticeable difference. And I've been at a 500 cal deficit virtually every day for two months, and for the last month I've been at a 1000 cal deficit daily. There's no way half was water. I honestly don't even care about weight. I just want rid of this fat.

I've also asked before I started but never got an answer. Why do I need to lift weights? After reading numerous threads and asking myself, you can't build muscle and lose fat. It's a bad workout for burning calories, which is what you need to lose fat. So if I won't build muscle and cardio is much better for burning calories, why lift at this point?
    if you have been in a 500 calorie deficit for three months, believe me you would notice some difference, you've obviously calculated your tdee incorrectly or calories.

Originally Posted by 02morrison View Post
    if you have been in a 500 calorie deficit for three months, believe me you would notice some difference, you've obviously calculated your tdee incorrectly or calories.
    I worked this construction job for those 2 months, 10 hours/day, 60 hours a week physical work. When I calculated it I used a 1.5 multiplier so as to not overestimate. I wasn't tracking my food with MFP, but I was eating the same stuff I eat today. One of the two months I tried intermittent fasting. A typical day was a banana, 16oz chicken breast, small sandwich, other fruits in a smoothie, some crackers and an energy drink. It would typically add up to around 2000-2200 calories. I was also slowly losing weight during this time. I had gotten back up to 200lbs from sitting around for a month looking for a job. So I went from 200lbs to about 194-195, which still seems like very low weight loss for the amount of calories I was burning.
    So unless the food nutrient facts are lying, I'm not sure what's going on.

BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000) BLK00TJ is just really nice. (+1000)
    TDEE calculators are estimates. Not everyone is the same and not everyone exercises at the same pace to burn the same calories. Your TDEE is obviously off a little. A true 500 calorie daily deficit should lead to about a 1 lb loss per week. Reduce a little more and see what happens over the course of 2 weeks or so. Remember to re-evalute TDEE after every 5 lbs or so. The smaller you get, the less you'll have to eat. Yes, it gets a little harder the smaller you get, but you should be getting used to the deficits. Set mini-goals. Start with one pound by next week this time.
    Meet PRs: 475/280/415
    Gym PRs: 455/280/395

Originally Posted by BLK00TJ View Post
    TDEE calculators are estimates. Not everyone is the same and not everyone exercises at the same pace to burn the same calories. Your TDEE is obviously off a little. A true 500 calorie daily deficit should lead to about a 1 lb loss per week. Reduce a little more and see what happens over the course of 2 weeks or so. Remember to re-evalute TDEE after every 5 lbs or so. The smaller you get, the less you'll have to eat. Yes, it gets a little harder the smaller you get, but you should be getting used to the deficits. Set mini-goals. Start with one pound by next week this time.
    i posted this on another forum too and they were saying im at too large of a deficit and it messed up my metabolism. so i did the math and this is what i got...

my BMR is 1873 (using mifflin-st jeor formula, katch mcardle one was almost the same too)
    2575 is my maintainence with 1.375 af (strength/volume training, and no more than 45 minutes of 65%~75% HRM aerobics training)- 2750kcal << basically your workout day.)
    20% deficit puts me at 2059kcal/day, which is close enough to what ive been eating.

Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rooster09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I worked this construction job for those 2 months, 10 hours/day, 60 hours a week physical work. When I calculated it I used a 1.5 multiplier so as to not overestimate. I wasn't tracking my food with MFP, but I was eating the same stuff I eat today. One of the two months I tried intermittent fasting. A typical day was a banana, 16oz chicken breast, small sandwich, other fruits in a smoothie, some crackers and an energy drink. It would typically add up to around 2000-2200 calories. I was also slowly losing weight during this time. I had gotten back up to 200lbs from sitting around for a month looking for a job. So I went from 200lbs to about 194-195, which still seems like very low weight loss for the amount of calories I was burning.
    So unless the food nutrient facts are lying, I'm not sure what's going on.
    Try not to calculate "work" as calorie loss. I don't I've dropped 25 pounds in 2 months. I'm not anywhere near what I want to be but I notice a difference. Be realistic, honest and when you think you have both of those down be BRUTALLY honest with yourself. We all think we work harder at work than we really do. I climb telephone poles and ladders all day, I chase 3 kids at home, and I walk my dog a lot. None of that goes into my figures for calories, it's icing on the cake that I can't eat for another 28 pounds.

*Not an expert, just a noob who sees his difference in 2 months*

NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) NateRocha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been slowly trying to lose fat/weight since the beginning of the year, however since April, my body fat % has remained the same, yet I've lost weight.

The past 3 weeks since I started tracking everything I've eaten, ive had a deficit every day and totaled 13000 cal deficit, which goes along with my weight loss. (1lb = 3500cal)

However since April, none of my measurements have gone down even though I'm losing weight, and my before picture taken in January compared to one today, theres virtually no difference.

I'm just not sure whats going on. I work out every day (usually cardio and some body weight type stuff) and I have been around 1000 net cal/day every day except one.

I eat basically all whole foods (chicken breast, fruits, some vegetables), drink only water, and eat out maybe once a week (i get a steak). I also get 9+ hours of sleep every night.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything correct. I just don't know why I'm not SEEING results after this long. I'm down ~12 lbs since I started, yet there's no visible difference.
    What's your weight? If you are losing weight and still taking in the same amount of calories you are going to hit a plateau. You need to readjust your diet from time to time. And you only eat 1000cals a day??? Do you even have energy to work out? The loss if probably from mainly muscle and a little fat. Do more weight lifting, skip the body weight stuff.
    AdvoCare Independent Distributor
    www.AdvoCare.com/13127874

“Second by second, you lose the opportunity to become the person you want to be. When are you gonna stop making excuses and take charge of your f***ing life?”-Greg Plitt

Originally Posted by NateRocha View Post
    What's your weight? If you are losing weight and still taking in the same amount of calories you are going to hit a plateau. You need to readjust your diet from time to time. And you only eat 1000cals a day??? Do you even have energy to work out? The loss if probably from mainly muscle and a little fat. Do more weight lifting, skip the body weight stuff.
    forget what i said earlier. i think i was wording it weird. net cal was total after workout, not total eaten.

im 189 currently.

my BMR is 1873 (using mifflin-st jeor formula, katch mcardle one was almost the same too)
    2575 is my maintainence with 1.375 af (strength/volume training, and no more than 45 minutes of 65%~75% HRM aerobics training)- 2750kcal << basically your workout day.)
    20% deficit puts me at 2059kcal/day, which is close enough to what ive been eating.

Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bhigs23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    1. Stop eating at such a big deficit
    2. You NEED to lift, you burn a lot of calories in a heavy lifting session
    3. While it IS RARE to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, lifting heavy while losing fat will give your muscles a reason to stay, and as a result have the most of your weight loss come from losing solely fat
    4. You won't see many changes in your body if you are above 20% bodyfat.
    5. You have virtually no muscle mass so you won't look much different either way

Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

People lift during a cut to maintain whatever muscle they already have. If you want to lose the muscle you have and simply look like a smaller version of yourself with no definition, then don't lift during your cut.
    Afghan Muscle

mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikasse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Just Believe in yourself ,, You can do it <3

Originally Posted by Bhigs23 View Post
    1. Stop eating at such a big deficit
    2. You NEED to lift, you burn a lot of calories in a heavy lifting session
    3. While it IS RARE to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time, lifting heavy while losing fat will give your muscles a reason to stay, and as a result have the most of your weight loss come from losing solely fat
    4. You won't see many changes in your body if you are above 20% bodyfat.
    5. You have virtually no muscle mass so you won't look much different either way
    20% is not a big deficit, and if i lose 8% bf you think i wouldnt look any different?

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)

You need to lift to preserve what muscle mass you have, unless you just want to look like a smaller version of your current self? Hell, look that's what has happened.

Actually lifting raises your TDEE not only because of the workout itself but because of the extra calories used during the process of repairing the muscles.

You should be at a 1000calorie deficit at your size, you'll be cutting forever with a 500calorie deficit.

If the last two months were your first major dietary changes, around half of the weight you have lost so far is water, like it or not.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftsHeavy31 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I had the exact same build you do when I first started lifting. I took a weightlifting class at school and found my BF% was 28%. For a year like you I did tons of cardio and lowered my intake. I lost about 40lbs. I went to the health fair and had my BF measure again 25%. I was like WTF??? I was basically doing the same thing you are doing. You are doing it wrong bro trust me. You got to build some muscle to keep your body in constant fat burning mode. You are only going to do that by lifting heavy weights with multiple sets. Don't kill yourself do it gradually. You got youth on your side which is a plus. You got all the natural testosterone and GH coursing through your veins which is going to help you get rid of that unsightly fat. Shortly after the health fair I did my own research and came up with a simple plan. I cut out all simple sugars and starches. I practiced IF and did my cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and lifted heavy weights in the afternoon. I had 2 solid meals and 2 protein shakes a day. That's it. The following year I had lost another 20lbs but my BF was only 4%. It's not rocket science. Don't turn it into that. JUST DON"T GIVE UP! Good luck!

Originally Posted by LiftsHeavy31 View Post
    I had the exact same build you do when I first started lifting. I took a weightlifting class at school and found my BF% was 28%. For a year like you I did tons of cardio and lowered my intake. I lost about 40lbs. I went to the health fair and had my BF measure again 25%. I was like WTF??? I was basically doing the same thing you are doing. You are doing it wrong bro trust me. You got to build some muscle to keep your body in constant fat burning mode. You are only going to do that by lifting heavy weights with multiple sets. Don't kill yourself do it gradually. You got youth on your side which is a plus. You got all the natural testosterone and GH coursing through your veins which is going to help you get rid of that unsightly fat. Shortly after the health fair I did my own research and came up with a simple plan. I cut out all simple sugars and starches. I practiced IF and did my cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and lifted heavy weights in the afternoon. I had 2 solid meals and 2 protein shakes a day. That's it. The following year I had lost another 20lbs but my BF was only 4%. It's not rocket science. Don't turn it into that. JUST DON"T GIVE UP! Good luck!
    Maybe I will try lifting weights, but the science proves weight lifting is not required to lose fat. You get fat from excess caloric build up, and you lose fat from a caloric deficit. Except for some cases with beginners, which I am, its not possible to build muscle and lose fat. So im not sure how you want me to build muscle to start burning fat. It may be beneficial at first but after a certain abount of time it would be pretty pointless. I know people who have lost lots of weight and bf and dont know what a weight is. I was always skinny until I started eating bad, so I dont see why weight lifting is REQUIRED to get back there. But then again I dont know too much. Otherwise I wouldn't be here looking for help lol.

Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Durham4416 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just stick with it and keep a caloric defecit

Originally Posted by Durham4416 View Post
    Just stick with it and keep a caloric defecit
    i will. i thought thats what i need to do anyways, but then i see all this stuff about how you need to eat a certain about or lift x amount of weights or only do a little cardio at xx heart rate and i just get confused lol.

i've always been under the impression its only calories in vs calories out

Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nosepull will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's calories in vs calories out, yes, but if you're not giving your body any reason to preserve muscle it won't. Why should it?

Do you want to lose weight, or do you want to lose fat? Lifting heavy will help to ensure that as much of your weight loss as possible comes from fat.

It's also fun and healthy.
    My running and ICF 5x5 log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153761921

smartabama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    one thing that helps me is to crank up the intensity of my cardio based workouts. i lift weights 4-5 times a week while i'm trying to cut and i run for light cardio 3 times a week (it used to be 5 times). I hit a plateau with losing bf, but then i switched 2 of those 5 runs into HIIT and it started melting off like magic.