Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50) Newbiees will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Calorie question

If all you need to lose weight is to be in a caloric deficient, why is it that I can't just have say maccas all day everyday? Even if its still below maintenance.

ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Newbiees View Post
    If all you need to lose weight is to be in a caloric deficient, why is it that I can't just have say maccas all day everyday? Even if its still below maintenance.
    get your proteins and fats and youll be fine... get me a toy from the kids meal?

leg drive is a myth KennyWheels's Avatar
    KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000) KennyWheels is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can if your just trying to lose weight

good luck feeling satisfied, getting certain vitamins, etc, etc

blowing wet chunks out your arse, etc etc
    current gym pr: 410
    competition pr: 350

Leg Drive is A Myth

ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ummme is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a little more seriously... eating mcdonalds usually leaves me hungry later...

Little tiny cheese burger, 500 calories down... im not satisfied at all and if im getting all my calories this way if gonna be hungry all day, eventually break and eat over my goal. If that isnt a problem... then you could meet calorie goals at mcdonalds.

Other concerns might be grease and indegistion, sodium, and transfats though.... probably other things.

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can do that if your only concern is weight loss. You can add to that and eat nothing but mcdonalds and make it fit your macros and then your body composition will be good.... assuming you nail it in the gym.

Keep a journal and let me know how your progress and performance in the gym is with only mcdonalds

Conclusion: you need micros to feel good, and perform well in all aspects of life. Maybe not at first, but it will catch up with you after a while.

Most IIFYMers (including myself back in the day) find that out in practice.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You could def eat whatever you want and lose weight if below maintenance though I think you would minimize lean mass loss and maximize fat loss by keeping the protein high. You can find fast food that's high in protein, but it's not really the "good" fast food, like the pecan-walnut chicken salad with double chicken at Wendy's, though it's like $8-10 and not particularly appetizing.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    as long as you get in protein and fat and micros its fine. However you'll probably be hungry and not have any vitamins and minerals with high cholesterol levels

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ummme View Post
    a little more seriously... eating mcdonalds usually leaves me hungry later...

Little tiny cheese burger, 500 calories down.....
    FYI: McDonalds is the name of a fast food eatery, not a food, and a McDonald's cheeseburger contains 300 calories, not 500 calories.

Originally Posted by SuperHippo View Post
    as long as you get in protein and fat and micros its fine. However you'll probably be hungry and not have any vitamins and minerals with high cholesterol levels
    FYI: Many individual foods served at McDonalds are more nutrient dense than chicken breast per gram.

Also, you do know that dietary cholesterol is largely unrelated to blood lipids, right?

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    FYI: McDonalds is the name of a fast food eatery, not a food, and a McDonald's cheeseburger contains 300 calories, not 500 calories.
    the little tiny cheese burger has 300 calories? specifically the little tiny one? or was i being vague about a food and as vague about the calorie count?

The point was... small food, big calorie.

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ummme View Post
    the little tiny cheese burger has 300 calories? specifically the little tiny one? or was i being vague about a food and as vague about the calorie count?

The point was... small food, big calorie.
    I think you've realised his point.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

Originally Posted by layarph View Post
    I think you've realised his point.
    He made 2 points, I addressed the one he took the time to find a clicky for. How much can really be said about the first point?