Brogan1538 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny Fat Girl Needs Advice!

Hi,
    I need help with my routine. I'm not sure if I need to add in cardio or not.

I'm a skinny fat girl. 5'7" 118lbs.
    I have a been working out for about 3 months now and I am so excited about the progress I’m seeing in my legs. I can really see definition when I flex which is amazing to me. The problem is I have a lot of inner thigh cellulite. It’s dimply and noticeable in all lighting. It’s actually gotten worse since working out. The scale hasn’t changed, I am the same weight I was when I started. My legs look a lot leaner. So my question is what should I do to get rid of the cellulite??
    I weight train 5 days a week and I do lift heavy. Should I add in HIIT cardio? I’m so thin that I’m not sure if doing cardio is the right thing to do. Do I need to eat more? Maybe just continue what I’m doing and in a few months the cellulite will be gone? I drink about a gallon of water a day. I’m stuck and I really need some advice. I don’t want to give up because I’m seeing changes so I know something is working! Thanks so much for your help!

Sample Diet:

Oatmeal ½ cup
    Berries

Post Workout: whey protein shake and banana

Large salad, chicken, beans, veggies, olive oil

2 pieces whole wheat toast with 2 tbsp natural pb
    1 cup yogurt

Chicken, sweet potato or brown rice 1/2 c, veggies

Whey protein shake
    Rice cake with pb

creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) creepalurkin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is your leg routine like?
    HIIT isn't a bad idea maybe twice a week, but otherwise keep lifting heavy.
    I'd cut out the sugar on your diet... Maybe consider intermittent fasting with carb back loading... Been doing that for a couple weeks now, seeing huge results!
    i like turtles

Originally Posted by creepalurkin View Post
    What is your leg routine like?
    HIIT isn't a bad idea maybe twice a week, but otherwise keep lifting heavy.
    I'd cut out the sugar on your diet... Maybe consider intermittent fasting with carb back loading... Been doing that for a couple weeks now, seeing huge results!
    I think I have eliminated most sugar maybe except for the rice cake? I do drink 2 cups of coffee in the am. No sugar though!
    I work out from home. Lots of squats! Not sure of the correct names, but I squat holding heavy weights with a ball behind my back.
    Hack squat
    Lunges
    Plie squat

BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000) BEEvon is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't need to lose anymore weight. Your already at the low end of the scale for your height.

You need to to start gaining some muscle and to do that you must eat in a surplus and lift progressively heavier.

Calculate your nutritional need here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703921

A full body routine centered around the compound lifts 3x a week would be a great start.

Cardio is fine if its something you enjoy and your eating enough.
    AFAA- CPT

"Make up your mind that, at least for the first year or two, you're not going to worry about body fat levels if you're already lean, because lean is easier to reacquire than strong is to build" (Rippetoe 310).

ASKHOLE: A person who constantly asks for advise, yet always does the opposite of what you told them.

Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wildflowerlyn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    THIS! [QUOTE=BEEvon;1114570163]You don't need to lose anymore weight. Your already at the low end of the scale for your height.

You need to to start gaining some muscle and to do that you must eat in a surplus and lift progressively heavier.

Also, how is your water intake? Everyone seems to focus a lot on food as it is of course important to calculate. Just wanted to point out that drinking enough water is extremely important as well. I know a lot of people do struggle sometimes with drinking enough. Best wishes to you.

kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kadymartin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Wildflowerlyn;1114600503]THIS!
    Originally Posted by BEEvon View Post
    You don't need to lose anymore weight. Your already at the low end of the scale for your height.

Also, how is your water intake? Everyone seems to focus a lot on food as it is of course important to calculate. Just wanted to point out that drinking enough water is extremely important as well. I know a lot of people do struggle sometimes with drinking enough. Best wishes to you.

What they said! Concentrate on food and water intake.
    Aspiring Figure Competitor [Debut Show - August 10, 2013]

“Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence” – Abigail Adams

Follow my Journey :)
    https://www.********.com/KadyMartinFigureCompetitor
    http://instagram.com/kadymartin

[QUOTE=kadymartin;1114789933]
    Originally Posted by Wildflowerlyn View Post
    THIS!

What they said! Concentrate on food and water intake.
    Thank you all so much for your help! I did my calculations and I was way off with my food intake. I should be close to 2400 and I was only at 1500 cals avg. My carb intake was also 100 g low.. Pretty crazy. Not sure how I'm going to add in that many more calories!
    Hopefully that is my main problem then. It's just so odd to have dimples on my inner thighs when my outer thighs looks so great!I will up the food and the water and keep up the heavy weights. Thanks again for your time and advice!

fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000) fihe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi there, I'm skinny fat just like you are, except you are taller and actually weigh less than me! I joined my current gym in March, after taking a long hiatus from exercise, and have been consistently working out since. For a long time I had been eating at maintenance, but I just started eating at a modest 200-calorie surplus so that I can eventually build muscle without gaining too much fat. If you'd like to know the specific exercises I do, you can visit my Bodyspace page, but I do a full-body routine 3x weekly where I lift heavy weights with fewer reps on 2 of my 3 lifting days, and on the third day I do more reps with lighter weights. I also do cardio but I probably haven't been doing as much as I should :\

I have the same problem as you with the thigh dimpling. I resisted bulking for a long time because of my excessive body fat, but apparently the only way I can build muscle is if I eat more along with my current lifting routine. I'm still getting used to the idea of eating more each day. Even though it's only 200 more calories than what I used to eat, I feel like I need to make myself eat (not force myself when I'm full, but eat more than I'm used to), especially carbs.