Closed Thread
Page 29 of 308 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast
    YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000) YokedBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just pulled the trigger and ordered this one, looking forward to getting it in a few days. I'm currently a poor grad student so went with a cheaper option.

Kroger Carbmaster vanilla milk crew

XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kab. What will he sell you the mickey mouse one for? Let me know and I might paypal you.
    "It is always easy to do right when you know ahead of time what you stand for."
    | Finance | Wrist - Watches | Audiophile | Health Care |
    Always interested in learning more about big data, analytics and KPI measurement.

The man who stares at ass Kabananga's Avatar
    Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ybbb View Post
    FUUUUU. congrats! how do you consistently end up with these great deals lol.
    patience, skill and a small market

Originally Posted by XeroZeus View Post
    Kab. What will he sell you the mickey mouse one for? Let me know and I might paypal you.
    Messaged him, I'll let you know.
    "Kabananga is believed to be the leader in penis-size to wealth ratio (ala crazy/hot scale) with 3 inches ahead of other prominent CEO's." ~ Time Magazine

Words and logic are just inventions of the patriarchy to enslave women - #yesallwomen

~~ Patek or bust ~~

_chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _chef_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm looking for a square chronograph with black leather straps either black or white dial.

Budget: 1000$~

Something along the lines of a TAG heuer monaco but a "cheaper" version.

No generic mainstream bull**** like armani etc.

Suggestions?

claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey fellas, my birthday and christmas are coming up and the girlfriend knows I've been wanting some kind of watch without a metal band. I originally wanted something more "dressey" and was looking at tissot prc 200 and similar seiko's. I then decided that a flieger would get a lot more use and could be versatile with different bands.

What do you guy think is the best flight type watch for around 200-250ish? I am a big guy with large wrists and want something with a decent sized casing. 42mm is about the smallest I want to go and the bigger, the better (obviously nothing crazy big).

Currently looking at

The Oreint Flight, though I would like the creme face in this particular watch and it doesn't seem to be available.

A Laco Genf 1925 http://www.longislandwatch.com/Laco_...FRFp7AodlGQADA

the Tacino 44mm http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ticino-44mm-...item2eca52f206
    (this seems to be the best option so far. sapphire crystal, superlume, and miyota 8125 movement)

I'm also liking this Tacino with the second hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ticino-Vinta...item2eca3228f7
    I am going to die under a heavy barbell one day and it's going to be f*cking awesome--HamburgerTrain

()---() York Barbell Club #36 ()---()
    ***Knee Dragger Unite***
    ***ShowerBEER Crew***
    ***Viking Crew***

asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asianbruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Watch of mine has an alligator leather band, need a good coating for it to sweatproof, waterproof, etc.
    What product do you brahs use for leather straps? I plan to only apply on the inside so I'm unconcerned with the coat getting darker.

watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000) watchngars is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Neatsfoot

Originally Posted by asianbruh View Post
    Watch of mine has an alligator leather band, need a good coating for it to sweatproof, waterproof, etc.
    What product do you brahs use for leather straps? I plan to only apply on the inside so I'm unconcerned with the coat getting darker.

YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by _chef_ View Post
    I'm looking for a square chronograph with black leather straps either black or white dial.

Suggestions?
    tag camaro
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens

KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Suggestions?
    Tissot Quadrato Chrono

Certina DS Podium Chrono

Originally Posted by claricSTi View Post
    Hey fellas, my birthday and christmas are coming up and the girlfriend knows I've been wanting some kind of watch without a metal band. I originally wanted something more "dressey" and was looking at tissot prc 200 and similar seiko's. I then decided that a flieger would get a lot more use and could be versatile with different bands.

What do you guy think is the best flight type watch for around 200-250ish? I am a big guy with large wrists and want something with a decent sized casing. 42mm is about the smallest I want to go and the bigger, the better (obviously nothing crazy big).

Currently looking at

The Oreint Flight, though I would like the creme face in this particular watch and it doesn't seem to be available.

A Laco Genf 1925 http://www.longislandwatch.com/Laco_...FRFp7AodlGQADA

the Tacino 44mm http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ticino-44mm-...item2eca52f206
    (this seems to be the best option so far. sapphire crystal, superlume, and miyota 8125 movement)

I'm also liking this Tacino with the second hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ticino-Vinta...item2eca3228f7

Tacino. I'd go with that just for the sapphire crystal alone.

unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) unkindone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by asianbruh View Post
    I use vaseline, or emu oil. although my straps aren't that expensive, so not sure of the effect overtime. Pretty sure its safe regardless, for a cheap alternative to leather oils, etc

and it does darken, natural, absorbs faster than you would think.

KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KingRexxxy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Suggestions?
    My suggestion is not to settle for something "along the lines of a Tag Heuer Monaco" Be patient, scratch and save and look int he second hand market and get a Monaco, you wont regret it. You can find the black version just under $2,000 and for a few hundred dollars more the Blue version hnnnnngggggg.
    500+

KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KogKiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was in a science lab conducting experiments at my college and saw someone wearing an interesting watch I've never seen before next to me. I could tell it wasn't just purchased at a walmart next to G-shocks as it had somewhat decent quality to it. Although, I personally wouldn't wear it. I assumed it must have cost around $500 and didn't think much of it. I got home and did a quick search...$3,500 phucking dollars. $3.5k for a phucking Oakley watch with quartz movement.

http://www.oakley.com/products/4826/16160

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by plummaa View Post
    Stowa finally got here today! My first proper watch, did I make a good choice?

[IMG]hxttp://i.imgur.com/uI3svbK.jpg[/IMG]

love it so far
    Beautiful Stowa, congrats man.

claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) claricSTi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KogKiller View Post

Tacino. I'd go with that just for the sapphire crystal alone.
    Thanks man that's kind of what I'm thiking too.

They actually offer a 47mm which might be better for a guy my size (close to 8" wrist). My only issue is that, I could get the tacino, they have the sapphire crystal and miyota movement, or I could spend a few more bucks and get an actual Laco. I'm really torn here. The guys on WUS say that the fit, finish and brand name makes the Laco worth the money. Granted, it would have mineral crystal, and a swiss quartz movement but would be from one of original B-uhr watch companies. Not really sure which way to go here. The main seller of Tacino is actually on WUS and everyone seems to have good things to say about shipping, customer service and all that.

I've decided to get a white faced, silver banded oreint for myself during the holidays so that would take orient out of the running for the pilots watch. So here's the current contenders.

Tacino 47mm

Tacino 44mm - think I might prefer this face the most.

The Laco - quartz with mineral crystal

And here is the orient I plan on buying myself. I need a watch with a lighter face, all my citizens, invictas and (blasphemy) nixons are dark colored or black faces.

I am going to die under a heavy barbell one day and it's going to be f*cking awesome--HamburgerTrain

***Knee Dragger Unite***
    ***ShowerBEER Crew***
    ***Viking Crew***

YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^yea, Laco is regarded as higher quality for sure

check out the Maratac pilot for a good watch too (domed saphire)

http://www.countycomm.com/maratacpilotlarge.html
    Last edited by YUL; 09-16-2013 at 10:01 AM.
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens

Originally Posted by YUL View Post
    ^^yea, Laco is regarded as higher quality for sure

check out the Maratac pilot for a good watch too (domed saphire)

http://www.countycomm.com/maratacpilotlarge.html
    It's the damn mineral crystal and quartz movement that is making it hard for me to make a decision. If the Laco had quartz with sapphire, I'd just go that route for sure. It's hard to say no to a bigger size, auto movement and sapphire. They both seem to have luminova.

I've looked at the maratec but I sure don't know how the hell you purchase one. Is there something on that site that I'm missing?

***Knee Dragger Unite***
    ***ShowerBEER Crew***
    ***Viking Crew***

Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kabananga is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KingRexxxy View Post
    My suggestion is not to settle for something "along the lines of a Tag Heuer Monaco" Be patient, scratch and save and look int he second hand market and get a Monaco, you wont regret it. You can find the black version just under $2,000 and for a few hundred dollars more the Blue version hnnnnngggggg.
    this

Originally Posted by KogKiller View Post
    I was in a science lab conducting experiments at my college and saw someone wearing an interesting watch I've never seen before next to me. I could tell it wasn't just purchased at a walmart next to G-shocks as it had somewhat decent quality to it. Although, I personally wouldn't wear it. I assumed it must have cost around $500 and didn't think much of it. I got home and did a quick search...$3,500 phucking dollars. $3.5k for a phucking Oakley watch with quartz movement.

http://www.oakley.com/products/4826/16160
    cringe thread -------------------->

OT: Finally got myself a nice bumper (first bumper in the collection), a cal 351 chubby Seamaster, and now I have to send it back
    The crown is damaged (needs replacement) and the hour hand is missing a piece (no idea how that even happened), both things weren't visible in the pictures, nor mentioned in the description. I paid €260 for it (incl shipping) (= bout tree fiddy dorra), which is imo too much with these defects. Brb new crown is at least €30, and the original hands are nearly impossible to find (and will be at least €50). So I told the seller about it and he only wants to do a return for full refund.

Dilemma time, because I really want (to keep) the watch, but not at that price. Fuark

Now looking on the bay for busted up watches hoping I can salvage correct and original hands somewhere and make this worth my while

a good clean and polishing will make the watch look as new! (if the hour hand and crown are replaced)

What do you guys think? Return or fix?
    "Kabananga is believed to be the leader in penis-size to wealth ratio (ala crazy/hot scale) with 3 inches ahead of other prominent CEO's." ~ Time Magazine

Words and logic are just inventions of the patriarchy to enslave women - #yesallwomen

~~ Patek or bust ~~

Originally Posted by Kabananga View Post

What do you guys think? Return or fix?
    yea fix.

btw, do you ever resurface cases as is replating the surface at a chrome shop?
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens

yea fix.

btw, do you ever resurface cases as is replating the surface at a chrome shop?
    Never did that, but did consider it last week for this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/161101977317

Didn't pull the trigger because it wasn't worth it. I prefer staying to the original, and don't know someone who is capable of delivering that perfect overhaul for a fair price... yet.

Any other opinions? I'm going to sleep soon, so I'll see them in the morning before making up my mind.

~~ Patek or bust ~~

jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000) jgreenhaus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys, I'm looking to start getting into watches and i need help in the right direction as i'm completely new to the area. I'm looking to get a nice classy and stylish watch in the range of $200-500. Asking in this threat i am not just looking for some fashion accessory but something greater. I admit i don't know too much about different brands and their quality and what not, but would appreciate some suggestions and links to some watches+brands. Reps for helpful posts, thanks brahs

XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XeroZeus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Think I'm going to put a lot of my watches up for grabs. I will post them here too for feelers.

Kab - Did I need to do anything else with that Aqua Terra?
    "It is always easy to do right when you know ahead of time what you stand for."
    | Finance | Wrist - Watches | Audiophile | Health Care |
    Always interested in learning more about big data, analytics and KPI measurement.

on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jgreenhaus View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking to start getting into watches and i need help in the right direction as i'm completely new to the area. I'm looking to get a nice classy and stylish watch in the range of $200-500. Asking in this threat i am not just looking for some fashion accessory but something greater. I admit i don't know too much about different brands and their quality and what not, but would appreciate some suggestions and links to some watches+brands. Reps for helpful posts, thanks brahs
    Tissot Le Locle
    Hamilton Jazzmaster

Probably your best two bets for that price range ($500), if you want a good quality and well respected watch.

FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) FiLL has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Need to put my watching buying on Hiatus for a bit now, will be saving money for starting my own business very soon.

Still lurking thread and enjoying the watch pron.. when it's posted!
    Poker Affiliate, PM for details! (Deals/Offers for all Countries)

IG - @igymdaily & @thepokerholics

on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) on-sh0w is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by FiLL View Post

Still lurking thread and enjoying the watch pron.. when it's posted!

Last edited by on-sh0w; 09-17-2013 at 06:05 AM.

what the phuck...forum won't let me say the word 't0urbill0n'. It gets blanked out as asterisks

Keanu Reeves Checking In Zackad's Avatar
    Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    so after trips to 5 different jewelers....Not one of them would pressure test the watch I bought with an aftermarket crystal in it.

For anyone wondering...it's a Titanium Citizen Nighthawk with the crystal replace with a domed sapphire crystal. And none of the jewelers will pressure test it, wet or dry, because the crystal is aftermarket and because the 8 o clock crown isn't screw down. So my only option is to either not get it tested, or send it into Citizen, have them replace the sapphire with the factory crystal, and then pressure test it....Guess I'll just have to deal with it never going in water.

unless one of you guys has the means to dry pressure test and will do it. Will be picking it up later today from the most recent jeweler, so I'll post pics of it later.
    "So there I am sitting in the waiting area of the hair salon with my niece and Keanu Reeves walks in. I was nervous as ****, but too scared to say anything to him. Then my niece started crying, and I’m trying to quiet her down because I don't want to bother him. Pretty soon he walks over and asks what's wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry. He put down his magazine, picked up my niece, and lifted up his shirt, and breastfed her right there in the salon. Chill guy, really nice about it."

Originally Posted by Zackad View Post
    so after trips to 5 different jewelers....Not one of them would pressure test the watch I bought with an aftermarket crystal in it.

For anyone wondering...it's a Titanium Citizen Nighthawk with the crystal replace with a domed sapphire crystal. And none of the jewelers will pressure test it, wet or dry, because the crystal is aftermarket and because the 8 o clock crown isn't screw down. So my only option is to either not get it tested, or send it into Citizen, have them replace the sapphire with the factory crystal, and then pressure test it....Guess I'll just have to deal with it never going in water.

unless one of you guys has the means to dry pressure test and will do it. Will be picking it up later today from the most recent jeweler, so I'll post pics of it later.
    put it in the freezer for a while and take it out. see if it fogs up?
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens

Keanu Reeves Checking In Zackad's Avatar
    Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Zackad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    wat

interesting idea...that wouldn't mess with the inner workings of the watch or anything would it?

how long would a while be, 1 hour?
    "So there I am sitting in the waiting area of the hair salon with my niece and Keanu Reeves walks in. I was nervous as ****, but too scared to say anything to him. Then my niece started crying, and I’m trying to quiet her down because I don't want to bother him. Pretty soon he walks over and asks what's wrong. I replied that she was probably hungry. He put down his magazine, picked up my niece, and lifted up his shirt, and breastfed her right there in the salon. Chill guy, really nice about it."

electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000) electabuzz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I dunno man, in theory its a good idea.. but standard oils are not made to operate in conditions like that for any period of time.

Zackad, don't tell them it's aftermarket, just say you saw some fog on the lense and wanted to check it, it shouldn't matter unless their pressure testing device is a bucket of water.

Get it tested to 50m, that should suffice for anything normal.
    watches/cigars/scotch

DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DoubleChub has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Citizen= good sht. broke my crystal face maybe a week or 2 after i got it, already fixed, and was no charge.
    MWC - Never forget

Cigars,Cars,Watches,Scotches,Firearms,Work...CANADIAN CREWS

Closed Thread