Thread: lift imbalances

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

lift imbalances

posted a thread a bit ago but it was closed for being a typical new to this type thread and I was told tobreas the others. Fair play.

Ive read them and I have a specific question now.

My lifts

Deadlift 380 lbs (5rm) no straps or chalk
    Squat 220lbs (5rm)
    Bench 150 lbs (8rm)
    Overhead press 100 lbs (5rm)

Only really dead lifted consistently. With those lifts very imbalanced (eg crappy bench) which type of routine would I benefit the most from? I dont wanna waste any time.

Cheers

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    i don't see any real imbalances.

you're comparing an 8rm to a 5rm, when you should be comparing actual maxes...i.e. one rep.

they're not supposed to all be equal, generally your deadlift will be ahead of your squat by anywhere from 50-150lbs, and your squat will be more than your bench.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats good to know then man, thanks. I only know 8rm because of crappy splits. I need to go to the gym and get 1rm for all lifts. This sounds a daft question, do they actually have to be 1rm? Concerned about going for max on bench with no spotters. Could I get a 3rm and determine 1rm?

Once I have closer maxes, I was thinking of getting on a pre done programme rather than a crappy one. I read starting strength a year ago to learn how to squat properly. Would SS be best for this stage in mynlifting career?

I am honestly grateful for any advice

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    a 3rm is better than nothing, but getting a spotter and finding a true max can be beneficial.

if you do Starting strength you need to follow the program exactly. it wouldn't be a bad idea to follow it, or something similar.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dnixon View Post
    Concerned about going for max on bench with no spotters.
    bench in a power rack with the safeties set. i personally trust the power rack more than spotters.

---Likes front squats more than back squats crew---
    ---Likes overhead press more than bench press crew---
    ---Can't argue with deadlifts crew---

Thanks for the advice guys. Ill go for 1rm in a power rack. Cheers forbthe advice guys. Measly reps!

tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000) tom11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dnixon View Post
    posted a thread a bit ago but it was closed for being a typical new to this type thread and I was told tobreas the others. Fair play.

Ive read them and I have a specific question now.

My lifts

Deadlift 380 lbs (5rm) no straps or chalk
    Squat 220lbs (5rm)
    Bench 150 lbs (8rm)
    Overhead press 100 lbs (5rm)

Only really dead lifted consistently. With those lifts very imbalanced (eg crappy bench) which type of routine would I benefit the most from? I dont wanna waste any time.

Cheers
    Starting strength is pretty good. Also make sure you try to improve your form on your big three and train your back and triceps. You will be good to go if you do them.

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah just follow any good program and instead of thinking that you have a ****ty squat and bench in relation to your deadlift, think that you have a good deadlift in comparison to your squat and bench! Haha. My deadlift is not that far ahead of my squat, but my bench is quite poor. Time under the bar will fix all of this though.