isherro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sky-rocketing heart rate

I've got a concern about how my body reacts to physical activities, and was hoping to get feedback on possible causes and/or ways to reduce this negative impact.

Background/current health: I did competitive rock climbing (bouldering, short 20ft assents but powerful climbs) for 7 years and never did much to improve endurance. After a severe tendon injury in my left arm I began playing racquetball and have gotten very serious with training for competitions. I frequent the gym, on average 5 days a week. Most my meals are home made.

With that said I consider my health above average but yet any time I began physical activities, I experience an extreme acceleration in my heart rate, accompanied with HEAVY precipitation. If I go without rest, after about 15 minutes I'm out of breath and if I don't take a few minutes to cool down before resuming, my heart feels like it'll pop. Given my competitive nature this is terribly inconvenient and with my state of athleticism, it is an inconstant reaction when I compare myself to other gym rats.

Now then, after roughly an hour and half or so of this excursion on my body, if I allow time to completely cool down (apprx. 30 mins), and get that "runners high" sensation, then resume my training, I won't have that spike in heart heart rate problem. Unfortunately by this time, while my hear rate is under control and I can think more clearly since I'm not out of breath, I don't have the ability to perform at the top of game because I don't have the energy I began with.

Has anyone experienced this or have any recommendation for ways to overcome it? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would try interval training to get your aerobic capacity up, very practical for someone who fits your description
    you are only here once

jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    steady liss is what mostly makes your heart more efficient from what i have heard , and from personal experience.

Meaning slow jogging for a long duration.

Visiting your doctor is the best thing you can do , or maybe you drink coffee before your activity and you're sensitive to it , or using too much, or hyperthyroidism.

GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GainsMaker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My guess is that you have some type of tachycardia/irregular heart rhythm. I suggest you do some research on it. Its nothing to immediately panic about but a lot of people have it, many athletes too. Its something to do with the electrical signalling of your heart so its not something you can exercise away or anything like that. There are lots of athletes in all disciplines that have a similar issue, usually though they get it taken care of as there is a procedure that can get rid of it.

I have a form of it myself. Generally speaking its not an issue, but sometimes during hard exercise or running I might have an episode where my heart rate is hovering around 100 or so bpms and will skyrocket to over 200 in a second. It will feel like fluttering in your chest. All I do is stop what I am doing, take a few deep breaths and my heart rate will drop back to normal fairly quickly. The triggers are not always the same and sometimes can be hard to try and trigger it but I have come to realize that it tends to happen when I disrupt my breathing pattern. For example, if I am running and I do a big sniff with my nose thus pausing my breath pattern it can cause it. I also had some issues when I was training muay thai where sometimes getting hit with a hard punch would trigger it (of course I stopped training muay thai after discovering this).

You mention "HEAVY precipitation", I guess you mean perspiration/sweat right not rain?

BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50) BeRoyal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by isherro View Post
    I've got a concern about how my body reacts to physical activities, and was hoping to get feedback on possible causes and/or ways to reduce this negative impact.

Background/current health: I did competitive rock climbing (bouldering, short 20ft assents but powerful climbs) for 7 years and never did much to improve endurance. After a severe tendon injury in my left arm I began playing racquetball and have gotten very serious with training for competitions. I frequent the gym, on average 5 days a week. Most my meals are home made.

With that said I consider my health above average but yet any time I began physical activities, I experience an extreme acceleration in my heart rate, accompanied with HEAVY precipitation. If I go without rest, after about 15 minutes I'm out of breath and if I don't take a few minutes to cool down before resuming, my heart feels like it'll pop. Given my competitive nature this is terribly inconvenient and with my state of athleticism, it is an inconstant reaction when I compare myself to other gym rats.

Now then, after roughly an hour and half or so of this excursion on my body, if I allow time to completely cool down (apprx. 30 mins), and get that "runners high" sensation, then resume my training, I won't have that spike in heart heart rate problem. Unfortunately by this time, while my hear rate is under control and I can think more clearly since I'm not out of breath, I don't have the ability to perform at the top of game because I don't have the energy I began with.

Has anyone experienced this or have any recommendation for ways to overcome it? Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    NO ONE here is a doctor, I would suggest you go see one to get a definite answer based on facts rather than guesses

OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000) OoChadwickoO is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BeRoyal View Post
    NO ONE here is a doctor, I would suggest you go see one to get a definite answer based on facts rather than guesses
    Some people here are doctors.

bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000) bobdole12 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You sound unfit, or have a tachycardic heart condition/anxiety/etc etc. See a doctor if it is a concern, or do some HIIT to improve your fitness.
    I always rep back!