Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1820
    NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.slideshare.net/JamesAltuc...ves-to-college

40 Alternatives To College

http://www.businessinsider.com/29-ex...ss-2012-7?op=1

28 Executives Who Are Excellent At Chess
    Last edited by NVious; 09-19-2014 at 12:25 PM.

NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NVious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

/\ Amazing how ****ing retarded these rich people are.

http://www.businessinsider.com/linke...ce-2013-2?op=1

42 Successful People Share The Best Advice They Ever Received

http://www.businessinsider.com/body-...ions-2014-9#-1

10 Body Language Tips To Make Your Next Presentation Great

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-...#ixzz3E3p2oo2e

What 21 Extremely Successful People Were Doing At Age 25

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2014/05...-idea-machine/

IDEA SEX. Combine two ideas to come up with a better idea. Don’t forget that idea evolution works much faster than human evolution. You will ALWAYS come up with better ideas after generations of idea sex. This is the DNA of all idea generation.
    OLD TO NEW: 10 old ideas I can make new. (Dorothy, Wall Street, etc). Similar to idea sex.
    10 ridiculous things I would invent (the smart toilet, etc).
    10 books I can write (The Choose Yourself Guide to an Alternative Education, etc).

10 business ideas for Google / Amazon / Twitter / you
    10 people I can send ideas to
    10 podcast ideas I can do. Or videos I can shoot. (“Lunch with James”, a video podcast where I just have lunch with people over Skype and we chat).
    10 industries I can remove the middleman.
    10 Things I Disagree With that everyone else assumes is religion (college, home ownership, voting, doctors). Or, for any one of those ideas. 10 ideas why!
    10 ways to make old posts of mine and make books out of them
    10 ways I can surprise Claudia. (Actually, more like 100 ways. That’s hard work!)
    10 items I can put on my “10 list ideas I usually write” list
    10 people I want to be friends with and I figure out what the next steps are to contact them (Azaelia Banks, I’m coming after you! Larry Page better watch out also.)
    10 things I learned yesterday.
    10 things I can do differently today. Right down my entire routine from beginning to end as detailed as possible and change one thing and make it better.
    10 chapters for my next book
    10 ways I can save time. For instance, don’t watch TV, drink, have stupid business calls, don’t play chess during the day, don’t have dinner (I definitely will not starve), don’t go into the city to meet one person for coffee, don’t waste time being angry at that person who did X, Y, and Z to you, and so on.
    10 Things I Learned from X. Where X is someone I’ve spoke to recently or read a book by recently. I’ve written posts on this about the Beatles, Mick Jagger, Steve Jobs, Bukowski, the Dalai Lama, Superman, Freakonomics, etc.
    Random: 10 Things Women Totally Don’t Know About Men. (that turned into a list of 100 and Claudia said to me, “uhhh, I don’t think you should publish this”).
    Today’s list: 10 More Alternative to College I can Add to my book: “40 Alternatives to College”.
    10 Things I’m Interested in Getting Better At (and then 10 ways I can get better at each one).
    10 things I was interested in as a kid that might be fun to explore now. (Like, maybe I can write that “Son of Dr. Strange” comic I’ve always been planning. And now I need 10 plot ideas).
    A problem I have and ten ways I might try and solve it. This has saved me with the IRS countless times. Unfortunately, the Department of Motor Vehicles is impervious to my super powers.

SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SirMazing is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Has Ed Leedskalnin been talked about here?
    *Texas Crew*
    *Das it Mane crew*

Longhorns- Texans- Rockets- Spurs

Originally Posted by SirMazing View Post
    Has Ed Leedskalnin been talked about here?
    Coral Reef guy? If it's him, more than a few times.

/\ Check out his channel if you haven't already

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...ears-apart.htm

How stress tears us apart

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...pessimists.htm

Dogs can be pessimists, too

http://gawker.com/5935102/thoughtful...a-game-of-hoez

1) Alwayz make them need and depend on you so you have power over them. (Power is control)

2) Make them understand that you don't need them they need you, they are replaceable. Never let them no if you need them deep down inside.

3) Never let no1 get away with sneakin anything cause once they feel they can get away they will alwayz scheme.

4) No matter how much you like or care for 1 or any of them, don't trust none of them. (Like Scarface, who do I trust?? Me that's who..)

5) Alwayz stay 2 step's ahead of the game you have them playin..

6) Don't let them no all your Plan's. But alwayz try 2 no there's.

7) Make sure you own there mind's, body's, and soul's. (N test it out every often 2 make sure.)

8) Keep your bi[?] on the low as possible when it come's 2 family and hater's. (cause you can't trust none of them)

9) Alwayz try 2 no whatz goin on..(Make them tell on each other)

10) Give respect when respect's due..(Follow these rules and you should b *****.)

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...team-finds.htm

Exercise Boosts Tumor-fighting Ability of Chemotherapy, Penn Team Finds

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/the...ergise-you.php

Ironically, it is people who are the most exhausted after work who have the most to gain from flopping down in front of the box.

Research has consistently found that relatively mindless activities, like consuming media, can help people restore their mental energies, but for stressed out people this does not seem to be the case.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/the...n-bullying.php

People generally thought that being ignored was significantly less harmful than being bullied.

A second survey, however, looked at people’s actual experience of both ostracism and bullying.

Contrary to people intuitions, ignoring others emerged as more damaging than direct harassment.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/how...ion-or-not.php

People’s decisions — good or bad — can be predicted by how big their pupils are moments before they even make the decision, a new study finds.

They found that the larger the pupil was before the task, the worse the person subsequently performed.

This is because pupil size is a measure of a person’s arousal: the more aroused they are feeling, the wider their pupils are and the worse they perform on the test.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/how...enerations.php

‘Memories’ can be passed down through genetic code from one generation to the next.

A new study has shown how memories of stress can be passed down from one generation to the next by being transmitted from cell to cell, and so from mother to daughter.

It follows on from a mouse study which showed that fearful memories of a smell could be passed on from parent to child without the child ever having experienced the smell.

The process, known as ‘epigenetics’, does not mean that the genes themselves are changed by, say, stressful events; rather that there are changes in the way those genes are packaged and expressed.

/\ Dat der Assassin's Creed

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/how...up-or-down.php

Whether you are feeling really good or really bad, emotions are felt more intensely when the ******t lighting is brighter, according to recent research

Bright lights increase our perception of heat: people feel warmer when they are in a brighter area.
    People order spicier food when the lights are brighter: we want to be thrilled in the light.
    Aggressive people are judged to be even more aggressive when the judges are sitting under bright lights.
    People find others more attractive when in bright rooms.
    People react more strongly to both positive and negative words under bright lights.

http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2014/09/millionaires/

Take control of your life as best you can.
    Plan and be strategic, whatever your career might be.
    Work hard.
    Watch your money.

Really awesome book with a good amount of info, highly suggest everyone checks it out

10/10 Facial Aesthetics Ares232's Avatar
    Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NVious View Post

As far as the second part of that question, I'll answer it with another quote.

“You guys could do
    something!”
    “Like what?”
    “I don’t know... Arrive in a thousand spaceships and tell the presidents not to make war... Something like
    that.”
    Ami smiled. “If we did something like that, in the first place, there would be thousands of heart attacks,
    caused by all those movies about space invaders that portray us as if we were evil demons. And we’re not
    inhumane, you know. We couldn’t bring about something like that. In the second place, if, for example, we
    were to say to them, ‘Transform your weapons
    into work tools,’ they would think that it was an extraterrestrial
    disarmament plan to make them weak, a trick so that we could dominate the planet. Third, let’s suppose that
    they were able to understand that we’re harmless; they still wouldn’t give up their weapons.

“Why not?”
    “Because they would still be afraid of the other countries. Who’s going to be the first to disarm?”
    “But they have to trust...”
    “The ‘children’ trust; the ‘adults’ don’t... Especially those who lead nations. And they’re right because some
    people have the desire to dominate everything that they can...”
    I was feeling real uneasy. I kept trying to think of a solution to prevent the war and save humanity... After I’d
    thought for a long time, the only thing that occurred to me was that the extraterrestrials could take power on
    Earth by force, destroy our weapons and oblige us to live in peace. That’s all. A few frightened old ladies
    having heart attacks would be nothing compared to what would be saved. I told him this.
    When he had stopped laughing, he assured me that I couldn’t stop thinking like an earthling.
    “Why?”
    “‘
    By force,’ ‘destroy,’ ‘oblige
    .’ This is all earthling talk. To us it’s prehistoric. Human liberty is something
    sacred, both ours and that of others. Because of this, ‘
    oblige’
    does not exist in our worlds. Each person is
    valuable and respected. ‘
    By force’
    and ‘
    destroy’
    is violence, a word that comes from ‘violate,’ and our spirit is
    completely opposed to this. And finally, we can’t and don’t want to cause anyone’s death, even if you think that

a few heart attacks
    ’ aren’t important...”
    “Then your people don’t make war?” I hadn’t even finished saying this before I felt stupid for asking.
    He looked at me affectionately and putting his hand on my shoulder, said, “We don’t make war because we
    love God.”
    Bro from what book is this i am somewhat intrigued by it and would love to read it
    *Lifting 5 times a week crew*
    *Confirmed aesthetics crew*
    *South Africa crew*
    *Engineering Crew*

mod negs: 1 , band camp visits: 1 , R.I.P Zyzz

i'll hook yer right in de fookin gabber m8 i swer on me mum...

Under no circumstances should any post be taken seriously made by this aesthetic poster, unless tagged with the srs tag

Originally Posted by Ares232 View Post
    Bro from what book is this i am somewhat intrigued by it and would love to read it
    http://www.infiniteunknown.net/wp-co...12/amibook.pdf

10/10 Facial Aesthetics Ares232's Avatar
    Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ares232 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    fuark thanks brah!!!
    *Lifting 5 times a week crew*
    *Confirmed aesthetics crew*
    *South Africa crew*
    *Engineering Crew*

mod negs: 1 , band camp visits: 1 , R.I.P Zyzz

i'll hook yer right in de fookin gabber m8 i swer on me mum...

Under no circumstances should any post be taken seriously made by this aesthetic poster, unless tagged with the srs tag

sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    fuark thanks brah!!!
    It'll change your life. I couldn't put it down when I first read it.
    *Kneedraggers crew*
    *I live in a clown state crew*
    *MGTOW crew*
    *Metalhead crew*
    *Never ask for a girls number crew*
    *Poop facing the toilet crew*

fuark thanks brah!!!
    It's a solid book with many interesting ideas, let me know what you think.

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe1 View Post
    It'll change your life. I couldn't put it down when I first read it.
    Good to have you back here brah

wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just read that Ami child of the stars book (will rep when I can) and wow, what an incredible read. I'm going to share that book with as many people as possible, absolutely incredible.
    "Free men don't bicker over which politician will control their lives. Free men stand together vs the idea that they are to be controlled."

/\ If you ever want to see a psychopath in motion, Peter is probably THE best example I have ever seen, the problem is that unlike a smart psychopath that is able to conceal it in some regard, he cannot hold himself back. Although I suspect that he doesn't care if people know it or not.

sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sloppyjoe1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's a solid book with many interesting ideas, let me know what you think.

Good to have you back here brah
    I've never been away, always been lurking. I just only jump in when subjects I'm into are talked about lol.

Originally Posted by wgoodman View Post
    I just read that Ami child of the stars book (will rep when I can) and wow, what an incredible read. I'm going to share that book with as many people as possible, absolutely incredible.
    It's all true..I could tell you some other books of E.T. encounters if you're interested.
    *Kneedraggers crew*
    *MGTOW crew*
    *Metalhead crew*

lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) lucidmonkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can confirm, am giant

wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000) wgoodman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sloppyjoe1 View Post
    I've never been away, always been lurking. I just only jump in when subjects I'm into are talked about lol.

It's all true..I could tell you some other books of E.T. encounters if you're interested.
    I haven't done any background research into the author or any thing yet. Did a child really write that book and convey those ideas? Whether the actual experience described in the book being true or not is not of real importance IMO though, what's important is the messages and ideas presented, and I believe they are all true. Some incredible wisdom and insight in that book.

Yea, I'd be interested in other recommendations man.
    "Free men don't bicker over which politician will control their lives. Free men stand together vs the idea that they are to be controlled."

3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000) 3eb is just really nice. (+1000)
    subbed, what happened to that six inch creature lol

I haven't done any background research into the author or any thing yet. Did a child really write that book and convey those ideas? Whether the actual experience described in the book being true or not is not of real importance IMO though, what's important is the messages and ideas presented, and I believe they are all true. Some incredible wisdom and insight in that book.

Yea, I'd be interested in other recommendations man.
    I believe it's a true story because it corroborates with many other E.T. encounters that I have looked into. Not only that but it rings so true to me. The stories like Ami that deliver a positive message and experience are with advanced beings, the one's who have E.T. encounters that are fearful and filled with doom and gloom usually experience a grey(which are basically biological entities designed for tedious tasks and have no souls) or renegade E.T.'s who are trying to mess with you.

Check out:
    A day with an extraterrestrial-Lou baldin(free online)
    In league with a ufo-Lou baldin(free online)
    Millenial hospitality series-Charles hall(can find most of the parts online I think)
    Co-evolution-Alec Newald(Have to buy online)
    Thiaoouba prophecy-Michael Desmarquet(free online)

Another criteria I use to help determine if a story is true or not is to look at the price of the book and the website store. If an author has all kinds of BS up for sale and looks like he is making a living from it then I believe its false. Most of these authors with E.T. experiences were told to write books on their experiences that they were allowed to remember and to share this information freely with others ready to wake up. It would be foolish for any person to try and make a living from E.T. related stuff as there is such a small population that truly believes and researches it.

Cheers mate.
    *Kneedraggers crew*
    *MGTOW crew*
    *Metalhead crew*

Originally Posted by 3eb View Post
    subbed, what happened to that six inch creature lol
    Wondering the same thing myself

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...s-food-twitter

http://www.nber.org/papers/w14969

The Paradox of Declining Female Happiness

Originally Posted by proudmanlet View Post
    CLIFFS:
    -NASA calls together scientists, historians, philosophers and theologians for conference about preparing the public to accept alien life!
    -claims it's just in case a discovery is made (yeah right, like they don't already know)
    -Vatican scientist/priest says aliens with tentacles have souls: Consolmagno has publicly stated his belief that "any entity -- no matter how many tentacles it has -- has a soul," and he's suggested that he would be happy to baptize any ETs, as long as they requested it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ref=weird-news
    Will ET Be Here Soon? NASA Brings Scientists, Theologians Together To Prepare

Looking for extraterrestrial life is akin to a search for a cosmic needle-in-a-haystack, as evidenced by the above incredible Hubble Space Telescope image showing approximately 10,000 galaxies.

In large part, thanks to NASA's Kepler spacecraft, more than 1,400 planets have been identified beyond Earth.

A few days ago, NASA tried closing the gap between life on Earth and the possibilities of life elsewhere. The space agency and the Library of Congress (image below left) brought together scientists, historians, philosophers and theologians from around the world for a two-day symposium, "Preparing For Discovery." Their agenda: To explore how we prepare for the inevitable discovery of extraterrestrial life, be it simple microbial organisms or intelligent beings.

"We're looking at all scenarios about finding life. If you find microbes, that's one thing. If you find intelligence, it's another. And if they communicate, it's something else, and depending on what they say, it's something else!" said astronomer, symposium organizer and former chief NASA historian, Steven J. Dick.

"The idea is not to wait until we make a discovery, but to try and prepare the public for what the implications might be when such a discovery is made," Dick told The Huffington Post. "I think the reason that NASA is backing this is because of all the recent activity in the discovery of exoplanets and the advances in astrobiology in general.

"People just consider it much more likely now that we're going to find something -- probably microbes first and maybe intelligence later," he added. "The driving force behind this is from a scientific point of view that it seems much more likely now that we are going to find life at some point in the future."

Among the many speakers at last week's astrobiology symposium, one has raised a few international eyebrows in recent years.

"I believe [alien life exists], but I have no evidence. I would be really excited and it would make my understanding of my religion deeper and richer in ways that I can't even predict yet, which is why it would be so exciting," Brother Guy Consolmagno, a Jesuit priest, astronomer and Vatican planetary scientist told HuffPost senior science editor David Freeman.

Consolmagno has publicly stated his belief that "any entity -- no matter how many tentacles it has -- has a soul," and he's suggested that he would be happy to baptize any ETs, as long as they requested it.

"There has to be freedom to do science. Being a good scientist means admitting we never have the whole truth -- there's always more to learn." Consolmagno also doesn't think the public would panic when or if it's revealed that alien life has been found.

"I really think it would be a three-day wonder and then we'd go back to worrying about reality TV or the crazy things going on in Washington -- that's the way human beings are. Because I think most people are like me: we expect it's out there. And our reaction would be, 'Wow, thank heavens. It's about time."

Earth is no longer the center of the universe, nor is it flat -- at least that's the currently accepted thinking among most scientists. And we now know, conclusively, that there are a lot more planets than the ones in our own solar system.

"The number of habitable worlds in our galaxy is certainly in the tens of billions, minimum, and we haven't even talked about the moons. And the number of galaxies we can see, other than our own, is about 100 billion," Seth Shostak, senior astronomer at California's SETI Institute told HuffPost.

Watch this video zooming and panning through the night sky to show 10,000 galaxies photographed by the Hubble Space Telescope.

At the NASA/Library of Congress symposium, Shostak gave out some startling numbers about how many stars there are in the part of the universe that we can see. "It's a big number: 10,000 billion, billion. And we know that most of those stars have planets -- 70 or 80 percent. If all of those planets are sterile, and you're the only interesting thing happening in the cosmos, then you are a miracle. That would be exceptional in the extreme. So, the middle-of-the-road approach is to say, 'You're not a miracle, you're just another duck in a row of ducks.'"

"The bottom line of this," Shostak said, "is something like one in five of all stars may have an analog to Earth. That's a lot of habitable worlds, and, indeed, the number of Earths in our own galaxy might be on the order of 50 billion."

Those are big numbers to ponder.

The D.C. conference included a great deal of discussion about the upcoming mission of the Hubble's long-anticipated successor: the James Webb Space Telescope. As large as a tennis court, this deep space observatory is scheduled for a 2018 launch and will orbit beyond our moon. The Webb telescope will focus on new planetary discoveries and collect data from the atmospheres of those planets, looking for certain things that might point to what we would consider possible indicators of life.

HuffPost asked Dick, an astrobiologist, for his opinion on the continuing output of UFO reports around the world.

"I try to keep an open mind on this. Ninety-some percent can be explained by natural phenomena, etc. The question is what to do with the other 3 or 4 percent," Dick said. "My opinion is that they should be studied further, on the one hand. By definition, they're something that we don't know what they are. They could be some physical, psychological or social phenomena that we don't know about. But I think it's jumping to a conclusion that they're extraterrestrial. I don't see that evidence.

"I haven't looked at the evidence close enough to say that there's intelligence behind it. But I've seen enough to know that there are unexplained things that we should look at more, and right now, the U.S. government is not doing that."
    http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...rey-matter.htm

Media Multitasking Can Destroy Brain's Grey Matter

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...-dominance.htm

New analysis of human genetic history reveals female dominance

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...ho-believe.htm

Guardian Angels Protect Believers, Scientists

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...oesn-t-pay.htm

Note to young men: fat doesn’t pay

/\ Failio effect

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/the...-depressed.php

The 5 Biggest Reasons People Get Anxious or Depressed

Rumination: when depressing thoughts roll around-and-around in the mind (here are some ways to get rid of negative thoughts).
    Lack of adaptive coping: examples include failing to seek support from others, eating poorly, not exercising and failing to anticipate stressful episodes.
    Self-blame: this is a very toxic type of mental habit. Unsurprisingly, its opposite, self-acceptance, is a key happy habit.

http://aplus.com/a/male-birth-control-2017-Vasalgel

Birth Control For Men Is Doing Well In Testing And Will Be Available By 2017

http://theweek.com/article/index/266...paign=********

1) Those things we say we hate actually make us more attracted to people.
    2) Yes, guys are pretty shallow.
    3) Women can be quite dastardly too.
    4) Little of the above will be changing anytime soon.

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...hit-health.htm

Obesity and stress pack a double hit for health

/\ Shocking!

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...-men-women.htm

The ideal age of sexual partners is different for men and women

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/a-h...of-suicide.php

A Highly Valued Personality Trait That Sadly Increases The Risk of Suicide

Perfectionism is a bigger risk factor in suicide than is often thought, according to new research.

Perfectionism involves being highly self-critical, constantly striving to meet the standards of others (typically parents or mentors) and being unsure about the efficacy of one’s own actions.

/\ Really interesting episode with two completely different perspectives

UK PM David Cameron compares people who question 9/11 with terrorists and extremists.

Around the 7 minute mark.

"Preachers who claim not to encourage violence, but whose worldview can be used as a justification for it [are to be thought of as terrorists, like the ones claiming to be beheading people]. We know that worldview. The peddling of lies that 9/11 was somehow a Jewish
    plot or that the 7/7 London attacks were staged...Let's be clear, to deal with the ideology of extremism, we must deal with ALL forms of extremism not just violent extremism...We must stop the non-violent extremists inciting hatred in our schools, our universities and yes, even our
    prisons....Of course, some will argue that this is not compatible with free speech and intellectual inquiry, but I ask you, would we sit back and allow right-wing extremists, Nazis or Klu Klux Klansman to recruit on our university campuses?...Finally, when the safety and security
    of our people is at stake, we must be uncompromising in our response. That starts at home..."
    This is worse than an attack on free speech; he's stating that the UK will treat those who question 9/11 & 7/7 as terrorists, with no exaggeration.

UK PM David Cameron compares people who question 9/11 with terrorists and extremists.

Around the 7 minute mark.

This is worse than an attack on free speech; he's stating that the UK will treat those who question 9/11 & 7/7 as terrorists, with no exaggeration.

Good website from a miscer:

http://www.interviewknowledge.com/ << interview, career, and résumé advice blog written by a corporate HR professional.

/\ Good example of how frail most people are and why being calm/stoic is GOAT.

Within this section is content covering various aspects of speech construction and delivery technique, leadership of groups, impromptu / extemporaneous speaking, evaluation of speeches, marketing yourself and other similar related topics. Choosing one of the categories below will bring up a selection page for articles or content within that category.

http://westsidetoastmasters.com/arti...articles.shtml

/\ Really interesting series

http://www.bakadesuyo.com/2014/09/be-more-successful/

Success doesn’t bring happiness. Happiness brings success.
    See problems as challenges, not threats.
    More work means you need more social support. And giving support is better than receiving.
    Send a 2 minute “thank you” email every morning.
    Use the 20 second rule to build the habit.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/10/mem...w-approach.php

Memory Loss From Alzheimer’s Reversed For First Time With New Approach

Each patient was given a specialised program, which often included things like exercise, optimising sleep, practising yoga, brain stimulation and taking supplements such as vitamin D3 and melatonin.

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/09/the...haved-teen.php

This is a vital cause of low mood, poor health and lacklustre learning in teenagers.

Failing to get enough sleep causes low mood in teenagers, along with worse health and poor learning, a new review of the psychological evidence finds.

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...rots-brain.htm

Junk Food Rots Your Brain

Soon

Soon
    Worldwide disclosure isn't happening anytime soon. Sure it happens every day on an individual scale but this Earth will remain in the dark about most things. Be thankful that you are allowed to know the truth that you know because ignorance rules over this planet.
    *Kneedraggers crew*
    *MGTOW crew*
    *Metalhead crew*

MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000) MrBitches is just really nice. (+1000)
    UPDATE: After carefully relistening to Carol's reading it seems like a potential love interest has indeed manifested itself just as she foretold as well as a potential job for next year. I recently started up creatine and I have preexisting health conditions that make it a very risky supplement. Carol was absolutely right when she said my body is protected by some sort of gift. I have 4 doctors telling me I can't take do creatine replacement therapy because it will kill me. I'm a few months in and according to literature very serious problems should have already manifested. Instead of problems I'm in the healthiest place I've ever been mentally and physically. Carol told me that misfortune is in my past and its really seeming that way. In addition to the need for creatine I also had a stomach problem that would leave me vomiting and unable to eat for days. By pure chance I happened to find a cure for my stomach while researching chinese herbs for someone else. I hope I have eased any doubts about Carol.

In addition to the reading I wanted to talk about something else that I've been noticing. EVERYTHING HAS PURPOSE! Nothing that occurs in our lives is spontaneous. It is part of an intelligent design. After realizing this I've been able to look at events in my past and present with better understanding. The universe is talking to us, you just need to listen. If you are deaf to the voice you cannot reap the benefits. For example: Over the summer I started to doubt my friendship with a friend of mine. Shortly after I started to doubt the benefits of the friendship my friend extended an offer to visit him at his cottage. During that trip I came to the understanding that my friend understood me better than just about everyone I know. There was purpose in that trip and the timing was too perfect. Another example happened while driving on the highway. I was driving to class and I saw a truck move out of its lane a wee bit. I had two choices write it off as nothing or believe there was purpose in this event. I decided to pass the truck. Roughly 10 minutes later the truck rolled behind me. Whether or not you want to attribute events to an intelligent design of the universe is up to you. However, next time events occur ask yourself "why". There may be a greater purpose or knowledge and wisdom to gain.
    Planche: Achieved
    Front Lever: Achieved
    Back Lever: Achieved
    One Arm Pullup for reps: *SoClose*

Lean Bulk 4 Life Crew
    Calisthenics Crew
    Crippled Crew
    Doesn't Train Legs Crew
    Russian & Polish Crew
    Longboarding Crew
    203 Crew
    Always Negs Back Crew

Originally Posted by MrBitches View Post
    UPDATE: After carefully relistening to Carol's reading it seems like a potential love interest has indeed manifested itself just as she foretold as well as a potential job for next year. I recently started up creatine and I have preexisting health conditions that make it a very risky supplement. Carol was absolutely right when she said my body is protected by some sort of gift. I have 4 doctors telling me I can't take do creatine replacement therapy because it will kill me. I'm a few months in and according to literature very serious problems should have already manifested. Instead of problems I'm in the healthiest place I've ever been mentally and physically. Carol told me that misfortune is in my past and its really seeming that way. In addition to the need for creatine I also had a stomach problem that would leave me vomiting and unable to eat for days. By pure chance I happened to find a cure for my stomach while researching chinese herbs for someone else. I hope I have eased any doubts about Carol.

In addition to the reading I wanted to talk about something else that I've been noticing. EVERYTHING HAS PURPOSE! Nothing that occurs in our lives is spontaneous. It is part of an intelligent design. After realizing this I've been able to look at events in my past and present with better understanding. The universe is talking to us, you just need to listen. If you are deaf to the voice you cannot reap the benefits. For example: Over the summer I started to doubt my friendship with a friend of mine. Shortly after I started to doubt the benefits of the friendship my friend extended an offer to visit him at his cottage. During that trip I came to the understanding that my friend understood me better than just about everyone I know. There was purpose in that trip and the timing was too perfect. Another example happened while driving on the highway. I was driving to class and I saw a truck move out of its lane a wee bit. I had two choices write it off as nothing or believe there was purpose in this event. I decided to pass the truck. Roughly 10 minutes later the truck rolled behind me. Whether or not you want to attribute events to an intelligent design of the universe is up to you. However, next time events occur ask yourself "why". There may be a greater purpose or knowledge and wisdom to gain.
    Who's Carol brah? I'd like to see Carol.

http://richhabits.net/the-rule-of-3-...ory-formation/

One of the reasons Lincoln was such a prolific speaker has to do with a habit he formed long before he became president. Lincoln, in his early years, formed the habit of writing down anything he wanted to commit to memory, three times. I like to call it the Rule of 3.

The study of the brain (neuroscience) has advanced more in the last twenty years than is all previous years. One of the many recent discoveries in memory formation shows that writing something down instantly elevates it above all other thoughts inside the brain. Writing down anything you want to remember three times, as Lincoln did, activates the memory loop between the cortex and the hippocampus. Once this loop is activated, the process of memory formation begins to take hold.

This memory loop process occurs during REM sleep. During REM sleep, the cortex and hippocampus engage in offline memory processing. Sleep consolidates what we’ve learned the previous day. This memory loop replays, thousands of times while we sleep, what we’ve learned the previous day. Writing something down three times activates this loop.

http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2014/04...of-your-money/

The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Investing All of Your Money

http://www.spring.org.uk/2014/10/thi...depression.php

New study reveals how exercise helps the body remove toxic substances linked to depression.

http://www.mdconnects.com/articles/2...suit-study.htm

These findings demonstrate that people may serve and eat larger portions of unhealthy foods and smaller portions of healthy foods when eating with an overweight person because they are less in tune with their own health goals.