Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Luckbrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Should I add/remove anything? (need help) (beginner)

My stats:
    Height:172cm/5'7
    Weight:57kg/125lbs
    Been lifting for ~5 months, do you guys think i should add or remove anything? I will change the rep range between 5 and 10 every other week. should i have diffrent workouts on my size week than on my strength weeks? I know a lot of ppl spam posts like this atm but I acctually want your help guys. My main goal is to have an aesthetic body.

My workout rutine:

Monday: Workout A
    Tuesday: Workout B
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Workout A
    Friday: Workout B
    Saturday: Rest
    Sunday: Rest

Workout A: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Benchpress 4x5/10
    Incline dumbellpress 4x5/10
    Dips 3xMax
    Military press 3x5/10
    Uppright row 3x5/10
    Triceps Pushdowns 4x5/10
    Weighted bench dips 3x5

Workout B: Legs, Back, Biceps
    Squats 4x5/10
    Deadlift 3x5/10
    Legpress 3x5/10
    Chins 3xMax
    Seated cable rows 4x5/10
    EZ curl 4x5/10
    Calf raises in legpress/Smith 4x10-50

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    workout A
    bench 5x5
    OHP 5x5
    barbell row 4x10
    pressdown 4x10

Workout B
    squat 5x5
    lunges 4x10
    leg curl 4x10
    calf raise 4x25
    OG

Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100)
    If I were going to try to do both -- the 10x10 System and the 5x5 System at the same time (I wouldn't, but it looks like you are); here's how I'd do it.

On the first 2 days of the week (Mon&Thrus) I'd do the 5x5. You've just had 2 full days of rest and you need that "recharge" before the heavy work, to do justice to the big, compound movements. I'd do basic exercises on these days. So say Monday is Chest, I might do: Barbell Bench Press 5x5. Barbell Incline Press 5x5. On Thursday, I'd switch into Bodybuilding mode. I might do: Incline DB Press 4x10, Flat Bench DB Flys 3x10; Dips (weighted) 3x10.

Actually, as much as I hate to admit it -- that could work. I normally recommend pure Bodybuilding,; but, it "is" possible to combine both Strength Training and Bodybuilding, as you see here. John Grimick used to do a varity of exercises throughout the week, but I think he never did an exercise twice in the same week. And he had one "heavy day" each week for his big lifts.

I think on this type of routine, where 2 workouts are back to back, it's important to do the Push-Pull method (Back, Biceps, etc.). But, I treat Biceps like Chest in terms of sets. The guys I've seen over the years with great arms, always did. So, they would get the same Volume. Tuesday: Barbell Curls 5x5 and DB Curls 5x5. Friday: Incline DB Curls 5x10; Concentration Curls 5x10.

Hank

dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to give you advice that I got here on these forums with a similar question like yours: Choose a program, don't make one yourself.
    You willl get an aesthetic body from proper nutrition and from training consistent. For your calorie intake (macro's) it really depends on what your weight/height and BF is.

Read some stickies regarding nutrition and choose a program from here (No hyped up x-week program).

Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100) Ohhank is not very well liked. (-100)
    [QUOTE=dennisvv;1112878693]I'm going to give you advice that I got here on these forums with a similar question like yours: Choose a program, don't make one yourself.

Please forgive me -- I have to "respectfully" disagree with this advice you were given. I'd rather teach a man to fish, than have to feed him myself for the rest of his life. A person of average intelligence CAN design their own workouts. I don't like people to be mind-numb followers of anything. My advice: Always do your own thinking. Never let anyone do your thinking for you. Be self-relaint. No one knows your body better than you do yourself. But, again, I respect your opinion otherwise.
    Hank

HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    [QUOTE=Ohhank;1112884513]
    Originally Posted by dennisvv View Post
    I'm going to give you advice that I got here on these forums with a similar question like yours: Choose a program, don't make one yourself.

Please forgive me -- I have to "respectfully" disagree with this advice you were given. I'd rather teach a man to fish, than have to feed him myself for the rest of his life. A person of average intelligence CAN design their own workouts. I don't like people to be mind-numb followers of anything. My advice: Always do your own thinking. Never let anyone do your thinking for you. Be self-relaint. No one knows your body better than you do yourself. But, again, I respect your opinion otherwise.
    Hank
    If you're beginning, you're going to get better results from following a program than making stuff up without really knowing what you're doing. After you've followed a program for a while, you then have an idea of what the exercises are, how your body reacts etc etc. Making stuff up from the start may or may not work, but its more likely not to work as well as a well designed program from someone who knows what they're doing.

[QUOTE=HarryFlashman;1112897853]
    Originally Posted by Ohhank View Post

If you're beginning, you're going to get better results from following a program than making stuff up without really knowing what you're doing. After you've followed a program for a while, you then have an idea of what the exercises are, how your body reacts etc etc. Making stuff up from the start may or may not work, but its more likely not to work as well as a well designed program from someone who knows what they're doing.
    Fair point, however, in his case, he's been at it 5 months and I thinks it's time we stop treating him like a raw beginner. He's smart enough to figure things out. Just like you are, too.

Hank

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    [QUOTE=Ohhank;1112900803]
    Originally Posted by HarryFlashman View Post

Fair point, however, in his case, he's been at it 5 months and I thinks it's time we stop treating him like a raw beginner. He's smart enough to figure things out. Just like you are, too.

Hank
    5 months ain't enoighy time. Don't be a dumbass.

Op...stick on a basic novice program like all pros or stronglifts and you'll make killer progress. Don't fukn listen to Hank.
    OG

OP,
    You say your goal is to have an "aesthetic body." In that case, it sounds like you want to be a Bodybuilder. That's the route I chose at 15, and I never regretted it. Looking good had so many benefits, even in getting hired for jobs. You can't "see" how much a guy can Bench Press, but you can see a beautiful and Manly Chest. You might be surprised how many women (even the conservative ones) almost "worship" the male form. A moving sculpture that's smiling at them. She wonders if his muscles feel like the granite they resemble. Her Romance Novels have Men on the covers who look like that "new guy" at work. I can't tell you the doors it's opened for me. Sometimes, the doors were opened to kick me out, but that was usually from other men who were green with envy at the female attention I received. I placed just as much importance on good grooming. I showered, shaved, combed my hair dialy, and smelled like after-shave (not perfume). Not, "metro" just a clean cut and masculine appearance. Jeans, T-shirts, boots, leather or jean jacket, etc. No jewlery except a wrist watch. A clean appearance, with muscles and a nice smile can make a gals heart flutter.

I learned early on not to do certain exercises because they would give me the opposite of the "aesthetic body" I wanted. For example, Deadlifts and Full Squats build a big butt and widen the hips (unless you have a slim structure to begin with). I learned that most Bodybuilders did Stiff-Legged Deadlifts, for the lower back, instead of regular (Powerlifting) Deadlifts. Even their Bench Presses were different. A Bodybuilder, who was more concerend with developing muscle (over strength) usually didn't lower the bar down as far on his Chest. He lowered it more to his mid-Chest. His hips weren't as close to his hips as possible (like a Powerlifter's). His back wasn't as arched.

For more on this type of training you might want to read what I wrote in the post by "Quagiroux" on 7/24/13, Entitled, "Need help with my workout routine."

I'm not at all against what these guys are saying -- "if" a Powerlifter's Build is what you want. I "am" against you wasting your time doing routines that won't help you reach your goals. So, first, the most important thing is to decide right now what it is that you want to get out of your training. And, be honest with yourself. Is it slightly vain and narcissistic, like it was with me? I wanted (even more than I wanted to win Bodybuilding contests) to be a ladies Man. I had been so short and fat and ridiculed as a boy, I wanted to, for once, to be the guy that the girls liked. I did it. I became a Bodybuilder. But, you have to decide for yourself what it is that what you want. Then -- Go for it! Balls to the wall.

Hank
    Last edited by Ohhank; 08-03-2013 at 03:25 PM.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ohhank View Post
    OP,
    You say your goal is to have an "aesthetic body." In that case, it sounds like you want to be a Bodybuilder. ...
    All pro's does SLDL, not DL, so not sure why you think all the stickies are powerlifting routines? You seem to have a rather negative attitude toward the routines commonly suggested without necessarily having studied them. OR at least that's the impression I get.

I do agree that some of the routines are a bit too concentrated on deadlifts and maybe even squats, but whatever, I'm not an expert and I've seen many people get good results on the power lifting routines.