Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1564
    Everybody loves me CoreMaster75's Avatar
    CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know I've been blowing up the thread recently, so this will be my last post for a bit Just really excited, first experience with this. A car I detailed last summer which was later sold has been doing it's rounds on the ******** community pages like Exotic Collective. This Diablo GT is one of only 4 in the U.S., I detailed it ~7 months ago and now it's on the other side of the country and getting some publicity. Thought it was cool, still looks great.

Current pic:

Pic the day after I finished detailing it at the start of last summer:

And one final one of the most pain in the ass(well, back) engine bays I've ever had to work on, but my all time favorite:
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CoreMaster75 View Post
    I know I've been blowing up the thread recently, so this will be my last post for a bit Just really excited, first experience with this. A car I detailed last summer which was later sold has been doing it's rounds on the ******** community pages like Exotic Collective. This Diablo GT is one of only 4 in the U.S., I detailed it ~7 months ago and now it's on the other side of the country and getting some publicity. Thought it was cool, still looks great.

Current pic:

Pic the day after I finished detailing it at the start of last summer:

And one final one of the most pain in the ass(well, back) engine bays I've ever had to work on, but my all time favorite:

Looking sweet, man!

MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MrJensenn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you think I should apply the washer mod on my duetto? Will it make a difference?

And btw, I atm got a lot of rupes polish. Like, I got 3x1 liter bottles and 10 250ml bottles, got everything bundled together when I bought the duetto. (Also got 20 or so rupes pads). Got all different cuts of rupes. Also have Menzerna 500, 2500 and 3000 if I remember correct. Something I should add to this arsenal?

Haven't had the weather nor the time to wash my car for a while, yesterday it was mild weather, aka no hard freezing temperature so I took it down for a light wash, petro degreaser and just shampoo pressure washer and then just water on the pressure washer. The 845 wax is still alive after like 4-6 months of harsh conditions. The car was almost fully dry when I parked it.

jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd get CQuartz Reload if you're looking for a sealant and Collinite 845 if you want a wax. Chemical guys is generally mediocre(i.e. their flagship Jetseal 109 only lasts ~1-2 months). Powerlock is pretty good, but is not as acid resistant as I'd like for bird bombs. Collinite 845 will be superior in protection/looks to the other waxes you have. Ideally, yes you will get the most protection from a sealant/wax combo, but it's not necessary to seal a car. Both are protective layers, just with different properties.

Also, you can likely step it down to Ultimate Polish every year, Ultimate Compound should be more of a spot treatment or if the car gets bad, and Ultimate polish will give you a better finish and cut the paint less.
    is this Reload?

http://www.eshine.ca/carpro_reload_s...400ml-5410.php

is it a paint protection spray for 1 year, or spray every couple of months?
    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

OVO Crew

Instagram - skier.brah

CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MrJensenn View Post
    Do you think I should apply the washer mod on my duetto? Will it make a difference?

And btw, I atm got a lot of rupes polish. Like, I got 3x1 liter bottles and 10 250ml bottles, got everything bundled together when I bought the duetto. (Also got 20 or so rupes pads). Got all different cuts of rupes. Also have Menzerna 500, 2500 and 3000 if I remember correct. Something I should add to this arsenal?

Haven't had the weather nor the time to wash my car for a while, yesterday it was mild weather, aka no hard freezing temperature so I took it down for a light wash, petro degreaser and just shampoo pressure washer and then just water on the pressure washer. The 845 wax is still alive after like 4-6 months of harsh conditions. The car was almost fully dry when I parked it.
    Yes, washer mod will be beneficial, not as much benefit as a 15 or 21 but you will definitely see an improvement.

I haven't used Rupes polishes, so I can't comment on them. If you're doing correction with no issues, you can probably hold off. I would recommend looking into 3D's HD Polish and HD Adapt, which are my two favorites and fairly cheap. 3D is releasing 2 new polishes though, should be anyday now and I'm not sure if they will be better than polish/adapt or are supposed to have different roles. They demo'd them at SEMA and turned a ton of heads.

845 is a beast

Originally Posted by jswift79 View Post
    is this Reload?

Yep, that's Reload, but it's showing an old version. It's a spray sealant with a 4-6 month lifespan, so applying every 2 months wouldn't be bad. If you use a sealant over a wax, it's really not a big deal. The gloss is just absolutely unreal, and it's extremely slick and takes 5 minutes to do a full seal on a car. It's great. If you just want simple, really good wax protection Collinite 845 fills that role as a wax. It's the one of the best waxes out there IMO, great protection, great look, amazing longevity. With 845 you don't even really need a sealant base.

I would ask them what version they have, because CarPro is constantly updating their products to make them better and easier to use. Currently the latest version of Reload is 2014 v2. The picture on the eShine website shows the 2013 version.

BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Niko49ers View Post
    I heard of alot of people using the duetto due to it being a happy medium between the 21 and the smaller polishers.

So I should probably get either the 15 or 21 and a smaller one for the tighter areas. I can't look up right now but I'm sure Rupes has a small sized polisher. I may as well stick with one brand you know?

Use Rupes pads too due to the throw of the machine.

I feel like I could use different brands' compound and polishing liquids such as Menzerna's, HD's, or Meg's with success.

But I see FLEXs are more powerful, being direct-drive lol that probably would be a bad idea to start with.
    The direct drive can cause bad habits if you’re just going to learn on that without a possible experienced person watching over you.
    You’re better off buying a standard DA and if you want to spend the money then buy a Rupes. If it makes you feel better; I like the Rupes lineup better than the 3401.

Nice, what's your favorite shampoo?
    A lot of them perform perfectly. I would say the best is Lusso Auto Bathe or Ammo Foam.

For the price Optimum Car Wash can’t be beat IMHO.

Hyper Wash is the shampoo I would probably use if I was trying to make money.

Adam’s Car Shampoo is also another flawless shampoo as well.

Chemical Guys’ shampoos IMO leave too much residues behind.

I see absolutely no point in using IronX Snow Foam.

I can go on and on…!!

And CQuartz Reload would fit your spray sealant perfectly, IMO it's revolutionary the beading/durability/gloss it has for just being a really quick wipe on wipe off.

CQuartz and the other glass coatings are interesting because of their curing process, they are much harder and glossier with better beading if they are cured via Infrared(175 degrees F for 5-10 minutes). You'll still get a year out of them easy without the curing, especially if applied in summer where they can cure in the sun for a while. The kicker for coatings is humidity, it can stop them from flashing or accelerate it quickly, or cause severe sweating. Basically, don't apply it on a hot day that has scattered showers with sun in between.

I'd like to try GlossCoat, heard it was pretty easy and it uses a resin base vs. the quartz base of most other coatings, but the resin lacks some gloss IMO. It doesn't need to be cured as much however.
    I’m not %100 sold on coatings yet, so that’s probably why I haven’t jumped into them. It also doesn’t help that I don’t own a detailing business, so I don’t have the need to use coatings. I love the chemistry though and love how everything is evolving…some pretty cool stuff.

They’re getting easier and easier to install which is a good thing, so I can imagine that the future is bright for people in business.

Also, Rupes pads are pretty stiff, and can be a pain on softer paints. I still use Uber Foam pads for most polishing work and Meguiar's Microfiber pads for cutting. Lake Country just released their version of the Rupes pads, which should be superior.
    I had a chance to try the new pads on a Rupes21. David from LC had some to test…very well balanced and supposedly they are designed to dissipate heat better.

I also use buff and shine pads—well at least that’s what I think Uber pads are. Amazing pads.

HD has the best/most versatile polishes IMO, and are releasing more soon(AAT polishes). HD Adapt is the main polish I use 75% of the time, HD Cut finishes down pretty nice, and HD polish dusts a bit but is simply the best polish for any soft black paint, it has the best finishing ability I've ever used and is a breeze to wipe off. Menzerna are decent but a bit oily, tougher to get off of the paint for coating jobs and such, longer work times/abrasives taking longer to break down/finish down means more time spent on the car and more marring that can be hidden/filled from oils. Meguiar's 105/205 are a must have for any arsenal, but are not universal for every paint job, especially soft ones, the simply have the advantage where you need an abrasive that is non-diminishing.
    Have you ever used Reflect? Amazing finishing polish and once worked fully (DAT) it’s one of the easiest polishes I’ve ever removed.

is this Reload?

On top of what Coremaster has said, I would also like to recommend Sonax Polymer Netshield or Adam’s Quick Sealant. Adam’s being easier to use, but not as visually appealing or hydrophobic.

Also, you must consider Collinite 845 like mentioned and if you're money conscience then even better—it’s pretty cheap.
    Last edited by BrianK.; 01-26-2015 at 07:25 PM. Reason: rewrote something

Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I believe I'll be going with a larger Rupes polisher then and looking into a smaller polisher.

Anyways,

I'm stuck in a company name predicament.

-Was going to JUST be mobile so my name was simply "Niko's Mobile Detailing"
    -I decided to be both mobile and fixed. I'll have a detail rig and work out of my home-based garage/shop.

Now that calls for a name change. It's no longer JUST mobile detailing...any suggestions?

Niko's Professional Level Detailing
    Niko's High-End Detailing
    Niko's Professional Detailing
    Niko's Professional Level Detail
    Niko's High End Detail Service
    Niko's Professional Detail Service
    etc. etc.
    ..:: Sports Teams ::..
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

..:: Gaming Names ::..
    -Runescape: Alex_Osu (banned, RIP) New RS Name: Molinus
    -Xbox Live: Rejecting_You

*KD Crew*

BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I believe I'll be going with a larger Rupes polisher then and looking into a smaller polisher.
    If you're willing to spend the money, then you won't be disappointed with it.

Have you decided if you're going to use the backing plate that comes standard or are you also going to buy the 5in backing plate and use their 6in pads?

Or are you using different pads?

Have you considered--like Coremaster recommended--buying the GG6 and have 3in all the way up to 6in backing plates? Saves you money at the beginning while you practice.

Or are you prepared and willing to drop multiple thousands?

*Also, don't forget to save all the receipts and consider using a credit card with points.

Regarding the name...

If I personally was choosing a name, I probably would not use my name and then 'whatever you choose' after. I like these other names you'll see: Immaculate Reflections; Presidential Detail; etc...

Just my opinion though.

Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BrianK. View Post
    If you're willing to spend the money, then you won't be disappointed with it.

Have you decided if you're going to use the backing plate that comes standard or are you also going to buy the 5in backing plate and use their 6in pads?

Or are you using different pads?

Have you considered--like Coremaster recommended--buying the GG6 and have 3in all the way up to 6in backing plates? Saves you money at the beginning while you practice.

Or are you prepared and willing to drop multiple thousands?

*Also, don't forget to save all the receipts and consider using a credit card with points.

Regarding the name...

If I personally was choosing a name, I probably would not use my name and then 'whatever you choose' after. I like these other names you'll see: Immaculate Reflections; Presidential Detail; etc...

Just my opinion though.
    I'll probably use LC's version of Rupes pads.

But yeah I will be buying the small GG polisher having 3" -> 6" pads.

I'll spend about $2,000 on my initial investment in basic home-based detailing equipment.

By the way, are there any other forums/message boards/sites worth visiting regarding detailing BESIDES: 1) Autogeek.net 2) and the ******** group "Detailer Buddies"?
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

I'll probably use LC's version of Rupes pads.

But yeah I will be buying the small GG polisher having 3" -> 6" pads.

I'll spend about $2,000 on my initial investment in basic home-based detailing equipment.

By the way, are there any other forums/message boards/sites worth visiting regarding detailing BESIDES: 1) Autogeek.net 2) and the ******** group "Detailer Buddies"?
    I'll post more later but please don't buy the Griot's mini that only takes 3" pads, it's a piece of trash. I've had one for years and it's seen a total of ~3 hours of use, most of it not even on paint, just wonky spots where nothing else could fit like some the CF in the lambo engine a couple posts above and carbon fiber interiors on exotics. It has no power and really can't correct anything in a reasonable amount of time, the pad just doesn't spin under pressure. You're much better off with a bigger DA like that larger Griot's and a 3" backing plate attached to it. I know I'm really pushing it, but trust me the Griot's DA or really any DA that can swap between a 5", 3" and DA carpet brush is worth it's weight in gold. I used the Griot's DA for about 50% of the correction job on the Audi in my garage right now because the Rupes couldn't spin/correct on the concave panels on the lower doors/fender+quarter panel flares/trunk.

Also, Autopia and Detailingbliss. Not sure how active they are, Autopia is the more active of the two.

I'll post more later but please don't buy the Griot's mini that only takes 3" pads, it's a piece of trash. I've had one for years and it's seen a total of ~3 hours of use, most of it not even on paint, just wonky spots where nothing else could fit like some the CF in the lambo engine a couple posts above and carbon fiber interiors on exotics. It has no power and really can't correct anything in a reasonable amount of time, the pad just doesn't spin under pressure. You're much better off with a bigger DA like that larger Griot's and a 3" backing plate attached to it. I know I'm really pushing it, but trust me the Griot's DA or really any DA that can swap between a 5", 3" and DA carpet brush is worth it's weight in gold. I used the Griot's DA for about 50% of the correction job on the Audi in my garage right now because the Rupes couldn't spin/correct on the concave panels on the lower doors/fender+quarter panel flares/trunk.

Also, Autopia and Detailingbliss. Not sure how active they are, Autopia is the more active of the two.
    I'll probably go the route you're suggesting man.

But alright I'll join those. I'm pretty sure I have an account on Autopia, just not active on it.

Company name suggestions...

Midwest Auto Detail
    or
    Midwest Auto Detailing

I'm going to have "by Niko *last name*" in smaller text under it and set towards the right.

It's combining having a name that's not "*Name*'s Detailing" AND actually having your name in it. I read a post by Mike Phillips about "branding yourself" and having your real name in everything you do detailing related whether it be your online presence to the name of your business and he is all for having your name in your business so people feel like they know you/personal connection right off the bat.

So having "Midwest Auto Detail"/"Midwest Auto Detailing" by Niko *last name* is combining best of both worlds.
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

In regards to my post above, I've decided on "Midwest Auto Detailing"

So it'll be something like:

MIDWEST AUTO DETAILING
    by Niko49ers

Cars•Trucks•SUVs•Motorcycles
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i ended up buying a big bottle of:

Menzerna Power Lock sean (32. oz)

big jug of Duragloss #902 concentrate for the foam cannon

this stuff should last me for the next 2 years. In time when i want to trade my car in at the dealership lol

OVO Crew

Instagram - skier.brah

In regards to my post above, I've decided on "Midwest Auto Detailing"

So it'll be something like:
    I would look for something more unique IMO, since a quick google search shows that Midwest Auto Detailing is taken by multiple companies across the midwest. If customers search for you by name, it may show other detailers in other states and it will be hard to SEO/push your website to the top of the google search results. If you're butting heads with a website that has almost an identical name but has been around for years, you're not going to win and they're going to stay ranked higher unless you become a serious authority site, which is really hard for this business. Customers will always click on the 1st result 90% of the time.

You'll also have to register the name, I can't remember if it's a state or country wide thing, but it's $80 or so and I don't believe they'll let you take it if another business already has the name. If your business does take off and the name is already trademarked, they can easily sue you and win even if they're a tiny company and your's ends up being massive.

Some of the unique names are:
    Adonis Detail
    Esoteric detail
    Street Dreams Detail
    Superior Shine Detailing
    OCDetailing
    Elite Finish Detailing
    Lucci Elite Detail
    etc.

Basically you'll want to future proof your name to avoid trademark and registration issues, along with an easier way to rank your page on Google.

Also, you'll want to make sure the page name is available for Google+ and ********.

i ended up buying a big bottle of:

Menzerna Power Lock sean (32. oz)

big jug of Duragloss #902 concentrate for the foam cannon

this stuff should last me for the next 2 years. In time when i want to trade my car in at the dealership lol
    Sounds great man, you'll like it. Powerlock is a breeze to work with. It lacks acid protection but if you're topping it with a wax you'll be golden.

I would look for something more unique IMO, since a quick google search shows that Midwest Auto Detailing is taken by multiple companies across the midwest. If customers search for you by name, it may show other detailers in other states and it will be hard to SEO/push your website to the top of the google search results. If you're butting heads with a website that has almost an identical name but has been around for years, you're not going to win and they're going to stay ranked higher unless you become a serious authority site, which is really hard for this business. Customers will always click on the 1st result 90% of the time.

You'll also have to register the name, I can't remember if it's a state or country wide thing, but it's $80 or so and I don't believe they'll let you take it if another business already has the name. If your business does take off and the name is already trademarked, they can easily sue you and win even if they're a tiny company and your's ends up being massive.

Some of the unique names are:
    Adonis Detail
    Esoteric detail
    Street Dreams Detail
    Superior Shine Detailing
    OCDetailing
    Elite Finish Detailing
    Lucci Elite Detail
    etc.

Basically you'll want to future proof your name to avoid trademark and registration issues, along with an easier way to rank your page on Google.

Also, you'll want to make sure the page name is available for Google+ and ********.

Sounds great man, you'll like it. Powerlock is a breeze to work with. It lacks acid protection but if you're topping it with a wax you'll be golden.
    I like the OCDetailing however it's already taken lol. The guy is on AutoGeek. I'll think of something.

I like the Adonis Detail but I feel like the logo wouldn't be right if there wasn't a greek statue of Adonis lol

Basically every name is taken honestly

EDIT: How about "4-Leaf Clover Auto Detailing"

...because I'm Irish. I've got the red hair as well. Lol
    Last edited by Niko49ers; 01-29-2015 at 09:31 PM.
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

I like the OCDetailing however it's already taken lol. The guy is on AutoGeek. I'll think of something.

I like the Adonis Detail but I feel like the logo wouldn't be right if there wasn't a greek statue of Adonis lol

Basically every name is taken honestly

EDIT: How about "4-Leaf Clover Auto Detailing"

...because I'm Irish. I've got the red hair as well. Lol

Superlative Auto Detailing(actually took me a long time to think of one that wasn't in use) is available. You can take a name that's in use in another state I believe, as long as it's not in your state, the main point is you don't want to butt heads with a huge SEO base (Like "Midwest Auto" has hundreds of results before you even add detailing to it.)

Impeccable detailing has a couple people who have vague ******** detailing businesses with 50-250 likes, but if you buy Impeccabledetailing.com, which is available, google will show that as the first search result over ******** pages. Finding a name is tough, but it's important to take your time and finally find one that you feel is right because it's most likely going to stick with you for the rest of the business.

Superlative Auto Detailing(actually took me a long time to think of one that wasn't in use) is available. You can take a name that's in use in another state I believe, as long as it's not in your state, the main point is you don't want to butt heads with a huge SEO base (Like "Midwest Auto" has hundreds of results before you even add detailing to it.)

Impeccable detailing has a couple people who have vague ******** detailing businesses with 50-250 likes, but if you buy Impeccabledetailing.com, which is available, google will show that as the first search result over ******** pages. Finding a name is tough, but it's important to take your time and finally find one that you feel is right because it's most likely going to stick with you for the rest of the business.
    What about a last name?

Thompson Auto Detailing

Or something like that.

Someone could still buy that you know? And it's not in a possessive form ie "Thompson's Auto Detailing"

Thompson is not my last name lol

But "impeccable" may still be able to workout based upon what youre saying.

"Impeccable Finish Auto Detailing" isn't taken by any "big" detailing businesses either. ALSO, "www.ImpeccableFinish.com" is not taken
    Last edited by Niko49ers; 01-30-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

It appears its going to be "Niko's Automotive Detailing" because I can NOT change there ******** url to my business page as I have already changed it once. Apparently you're only allowed to change it once.

Oh well.
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

eshine.ca came thru with my order . not sure if i got the fast shipping because i was Canadian (i live 2 hours away from Port Colbourne) lol

Last edited by jswift79; 02-02-2015 at 05:28 PM.

OVO Crew

Instagram - skier.brah

"Impeccable Finish Auto Detailing" isn't taken by any "big" detailing businesses either. ALSO, "www.ImpeccableFinish.com" is not taken

It appears its going to be "Niko's Automotive Detailing" because I can NOT change there ******** url to my business page as I have already changed it once. Apparently you're only allowed to change it once.

Oh well.
    Can you just create a new ******** page for it?

Also, when choosing a website name, it helps to have detailing or detail in it for SEO optimization. If you did go with Impeccable Finish Detailing for example, you would want the website name of ImpeccableDetailing.com, which is also available, or Impeccablefinishdetailing.com. Since most people will search for "detailing or detail(usually detailing)", having that in the website name helps a lot vs. Impeccablefinish.com

eshine.ca came thru with my order . not sure i got the fast shipping because i was Canadian (i live 2 hours away from Port Colbourne) lol

Nice! Those are going to last you literally forever though, I think I'd use about .5 oz per sealant application, say 2oz per 2 gallons will get you 64 car washes as well. Have fun with the new products, let us know how you like them!

Can you just create a new ******** page for it?

Also, when choosing a website name, it helps to have detailing or detail in it for SEO optimization. If you did go with Impeccable Finish Detailing for example, you would want the website name of ImpeccableDetailing.com, which is also available, or Impeccablefinishdetailing.com. Since most people will search for "detailing or detail(usually detailing)", having that in the website name helps a lot vs. Impeccablefinish.com

Nice! Those are going to last you literally forever though, I think I'd use about .5 oz per sealant application, say 2oz per 2 gallons will get you 64 car washes as well. Have fun with the new products, let us know how you like them!
    I could but I've got just about 200 likes on my current page and that adds relevance.

"Niko's Auto Detailing" isn't too bad. I'm one of two Niko's in my entire city so people that know me or have heard of me will know right off the bat it's my business which will help. My name traveled quite a bit 3 years ago in the area when I played football lol

Impeccable is a $10 word and after re-reading a Mike Phillips post, I don't think I'd want to use it. Keep it simple. Simple works.

And "Niko" is a name that sticks out you know?

Www.NikosAutoDetailing.com is available
    Www.NikosDetailing.com is available too
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm planning to polish(by hand) and then wax my car this weekend, I wash cars for people already, but I'd like to start doing more detailing too since that'll make me a little more money. As far as polishing goes, are there any tips you experienced detailers have for me? I'd appreciate any help!

I could but I've got just about 200 likes on my current page and that adds relevance.

"Niko's Auto Detailing" isn't too bad. I'm one of two Niko's in my entire city so people that know me or have heard of me will know right off the bat it's my business which will help. My name traveled quite a bit 3 years ago in the area when I played football lol

Impeccable is a $10 word and after re-reading a Mike Phillips post, I don't think I'd want to use it. Keep it simple. Simple works.

Www.NikosAutoDetailing.com is available
    Www.NikosDetailing.com is available too
    I don't think you should sweat it and go with your gut--your results/service are more important than your business name. Luckily for you, you do have a unique name.

What I was trying to say is that I personally like the other types of names better, but that's just my own opinion that doesn't matter anyways. When I think of a name like "Tom's Auto Detailing", I think of someone who just washes cars and 'buffs' for $75. (A person who really isn't a detailer)

Originally Posted by filofthephuture View Post
    I'm planning to polish(by hand) and then wax my car this weekend, I wash cars for people already, but I'd like to start doing more detailing too since that'll make me a little more money. As far as polishing goes, are there any tips you experienced detailers have for me? I'd appreciate any help!
    It's very tiring doing the whole car by hand, but the best thing is to make sure you work the cutting/finishing polish fully. What polish do you plan on using?

And then the next piece of advice is to save the money earned and buy a DA polisher.

True, just remember you're basically stuck with that name permanently after you choose it. For the first 3-4 years, I liked my business name, but now I seriously wish I would've chosen something else, something more with "Elite" or "Dream" in the title to convey the quality by which I differentiate my business.

Mike Phillips is respectable, I like him a lot. But you also have to think, how many elite, top tier detailing businesses have "$10 words in them"(Hint: All of them.) I literally can't think of a single one that has an actual name in it besides "Lucci Elite Detailing", which also has a "$10 word". If you're a billionaire, who are you likely to call first to get your Ferrari Coated? "Exo-tech Advanced Surface Coatings" or "Billy's Auto Detailing"

How many businesses has Mike built/given strict advice to that have made it to the very top? His advice is geared towards a specific audience IMO, and that's not a bad thing. I would just look for advice from 10-20 different sources and pick which you like best. Just find a really reputable person on a detailing forum who's built an elite level business and read all of their posts, all of their advice, send them a PM if you have questions, rinse and repeat with a new highly skilled detailer.

Of course, this is all my opinion and my experience with branding/names. You could always look at "Outside of the box" names, like how LUXE and VIVE have done.

Polishing by hand won't get you very far, I would clay instead. What are you planning on using?

If you would like to start detailing, your basic package will be wash/clay/wax for the exterior, no polishing unless you have a DA at the least or you'll make a bad name for yourself.

filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000) filofthephuture is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's very tiring doing the whole car by hand, but the best thing is to make sure you work the cutting/finishing polish fully. What polish do you plan on using?

And then the next piece of advice is to save the money earned and buy a DA polisher.
    Polishing by hand won't get you very far, I would clay instead. What are you planning on using?

If you would like to start detailing, your basic package will be wash/clay/wax for the exterior, no polishing unless you have a DA at the least or you'll make a bad name for yourself.
    Thanks guys, I clayed the car the other day and realized the swirl marks are terrible. All I've got available to use at the moment is McGuire's Ultimate Polish. I figured it'd be a huge PITA to do by hand, but was going to give it a try anyway. I know I wont be able to make any money doing it with a polisher, so I wasn't planning to offer that service yet haha but definitely will look int ogetting one if I can get the detailing business to take off!

Thanks guys, I clayed the car the other day and realized the swirl marks are terrible. All I've got available to use at the moment is McGuire's Ultimate Polish. I figured it'd be a huge PITA to do by hand, but was going to give it a try anyway. I know I wont be able to make any money doing it with a polisher, so I wasn't planning to offer that service yet haha but definitely will look int ogetting one if I can get the detailing business to take off!
    You can easily make money without a polisher with just a wash/clay/wax for the locals in your area. It will be hard to do a business in this fashion though, if you're serious about detailing at all even as a small side business you'll have to learn how to polish, which honestly isn't that hard nowadays.

Honestly you can try by hand if you want, but it's gonna be tough regardless, like 45 minutes to even get a fender looking "ok". Of course your paint hardness matters too, if you have a black honda, you'll leave micromarring everywhere, if you have a black Corvette, 99% of the swirls will stay.

You can get started polishing paint for around $200, which will leave your car looking absolutely stunning and will be a driving billboard.

You'll need:
    http://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-57...her-69924.html

http://www.3dproducts.com/detailing-...r-sampler-kit/ (Or just the bigger bottles, they're not too expensive. If you want the big bottles just grab HD Adapt and HD polish for now.)

And some pads. For starters I'd go with 2x Green, 1x Blue, and 1-2x Orange.
    I'd also recommend a 5 inch backing plate as the Harbor Freight DA comes with a 6". Not sure if you can swap out backing plates on the Harbor Freight, but you really should be able to.

If you guys don't watch Larry on DriveClean, I highly suggest it. Larry is the man, and in this video he features Kevin Brown(Also the man), and they talk about some really important points about paint correction. His videos are just flat out entertaining if you're into detailing as well, very nicely paced.

I also did get to use his AMMO Skin on a new S4 over the weekend, a customer brought it down. It was very interesting to use, when I went back to buff it it had pretty much completely disappeared into the paint and left a fairly slick finish, no idea about durability though. I'm putting AMMO on my list of stuff to maybe try.(Shine Supply currently is next up for trying their products)

Yeah the drive clean videos they put out are very nicely done. I watch them everytime and love every second of it.

I also love watching setailing videos in general--reviews, processes, 'montages' (not sure if that's the right word, but videos where they piece together a full detail from start to finish with music), etc...

You'll like his line of products. I haven't used everything, but I've used and still have a majority of his main products.

What I don't understand is this whole 'residue control' thing. Wasn't it understood that you're polishing off (leveling) the surface? And with that knowledge that's maybe why you lose cut after multiple section passes even though the polish hasn't dried out? I don't know, but I do like how Kevin Brown explains the advantages of a larger throw. I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on a Rupes21 with 7in pads and dedicating my Flex for 5in pads.

Larry is awesome and his products are great. I've been watching his videos ever since I got into detailing.

AMMO is something I'd use on my car and not clients lol. A bit pricy but very good
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

Yeah the drive clean videos they put out are very nicely done. I watch them everytime and love every second of it.

I also love watching setailing videos in general--reviews, processes, 'montages' (not sure if that's the right word, but videos where they piece together a full detail from start to finish with music), etc...

You'll like his line of products. I haven't used everything, but I've used and still have a majority of his main products.

What I don't understand is this whole 'residue control' thing. Wasn't it understood that you're polishing off (leveling) the surface? And with that knowledge that's maybe why you lose cut after multiple section passes even though the polish hasn't dried out? I don't know, but I do like how Kevin Brown explains the advantages of a larger throw. I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on a Rupes21 with 7in pads and dedicating my Flex for 5in pads.
    I love all kinds of detailing videos as well! I'm hoping to start making some this summer. Definitely going to try AMMO at some point.

And as far as residue control, that's correct. Basically the abrasives will be pushed back "up" to the inside of the pad, and you'll basically be running paint residue on the actual paint instead of the abrasives, hence losing the cut. Once you add more abrasives without cleaning the pad, you will gain some cut, but the abrasives will mix in with the existing paint residue pretty fast and dilute the effective cutting power.

I really want to try out a Rupes 21 as well, debating between that and Optimum's Zentool 21 since it has a larger motor but the build quality hasn't really been established(Kinda leaning towards the Zentool). Either way, it should really, really cut down the time on large flat panels. Right now I'm struggling trying to decide on what Compressed Air tank/motor I should get so I can run the smaller air buffers for those small areas, you get a ton of diversity as shown in the ammo video with 1-3" pads.

Larry is awesome and his products are great. I've been watching his videos ever since I got into detailing.

AMMO is something I'd use on my car and not clients lol. A bit pricy but very good

Agree about AMMO, it seemed nice, easy, and "fun" to use, but also seemed easy to strip off so the durability seems a bit suspect. Glad I got to try it for free though.

Totally agree on the vids, easily got one of the best tips I've ever had from one of his videos. It's the one where he hole-punches out sandpaper and superglues it to pencil erasers, makes paint-touch up so much easier. First touch-up I tried with that method came out damn near perfect on this GT-R.

Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast