Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1564
    Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-de...detailing.html

Guy here used a GG 3" as his machine... his correction setup was:

Compounding
    Product: LC Hydro-Tech 3" Cyan Foam Pad
    Pad: Menzerna FG400 Fast Gloss Compound

Polishing
    Product: Menzerna SF4000 Super Finish Polish
    Pad: LC Hydro-Tech 3" Tangerine Polishing Pad

Think I'm going to use collinite for my wax instead of his DP paint coating coupled with mad wax.

I like his compounding/polishing choices though. Going to buy all of that more than likely.
    ..:: Sports Teams ::..
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

..:: Gaming Names ::..
    -Runescape: Alex_Osu (banned, RIP) New RS Name: Molinus
    -Xbox Live: Rejecting_You

*KD Crew*

BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Niko49ers View Post
    http://www.autopia.org/forums/the-de...detailing.html

Guy here used a GG 3" as his machine... his correction setup was:

Compounding
    Product: LC Hydro-Tech 3" Cyan Foam Pad
    Pad: Menzerna FG400 Fast Gloss Compound

Polishing
    Product: Menzerna SF4000 Super Finish Polish
    Pad: LC Hydro-Tech 3" Tangerine Polishing Pad

Think I'm going to use collinite for my wax instead of his DP paint coating coupled with mad wax.

I like his compounding/polishing choices though. Going to buy all of that more than likely.
    Menzerna products are top notch, but I like HD Cut, Polish or Adapt better. Less oily and different type of abrasives, making them slightly easier to use.....buuuut once you know how to work Menzerna that point becomes moot. Regardless, you won't be disappointed with Menzerna once you learn how to use their abrasives.

Be careful with LC Hyrdo Techs--they literally seem to fall apart after one use. Mine are a couple years old, so maybe they have updated them, but they didn't hold up at all.

Also, Todd used to work for PBMG, so take what he says about DP with a grain of salt. Although, being skeptical is probably a bad way to put it, but just know that he was being a salesman with their house products.

Everybody loves me CoreMaster75's Avatar
    CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BrianK. View Post
    Menzerna products are top notch, but I like HD Cut, Polish or Adapt better. Less oily and different type of abrasives, making them slightly easier to use.....buuuut once you know how to work Menzerna that point becomes moot. Regardless, you won't be disappointed with Menzerna once you learn how to use their abrasives.

Be careful with LC Hyrdo Techs--they literally seem to fall apart after one use. Mine are a couple years old, so maybe they have updated them, but they didn't hold up at all.

Also, Todd used to work for PBMG, so take what he says about DP with a grain of salt. Although, being skeptical is probably a bad way to put it, but just know that he was being a salesman with their house products.
    I second what Brian said. Keep in mind that write-up is a couple years old, and it was when Todd was working with PBMG so he had a vested interest in selling those products. DP is completely average, not bad, but not great.

Menzerna is fantastic, but the polishing times are very long and you can't cut them short, and removal is a PITA sometimes. Adapt and Polish are the top dogs in the game right now(They weren't around back then), and 3D just released 2 more AAT polishes that I haven't tried yet. Shine Supply's Flat Top is easily the best compound out right now as well, 3D's Cut is just above average. GG 3" was also one of the only small DA's at the time, I personally don't like mine, I just got a Flex PE-8 to replace it, if I didn't I would've gone with the Rupes Mini or just use a 3" backing plate on the full sized griots DA. GG 3" works, but is seriously slow and underpowered.

Collinite is a solid choice for a wax. I'd recommend looking into learning coatings when you can, the industry is heading that direction quickly as all the coatings are quite a jump forward in every aspect, looks, durability, dirt repellancy, etc. If there's no CQuartz Finest installers within 30 miles of you, get certified for it since they geo-lock out all installers for a 30 mile radius(like me ). CQuartz UK is definitely a great starter coating to learn on.
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Niko49ers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Ahhh okay I didnt realize he worked for PBMG at the time. I may use HD products or even the Megs 105 & 205 combo.
    What pads would you recommend due to those LC ones perhaps being out dated?

This is all just for my 2013 Yamaha FZ6R bike. Will spend probably all day on the detail like Todd did. Going to follow his write up and do everything he did, just with different products. I'm in the product selection phase right now.
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000) BrianK. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CoreMaster75 View Post
    I second what Brian said. Keep in mind that write-up is a couple years old, and it was when Todd was working with PBMG so he had a vested interest in selling those products. DP is completely average, not bad, but not great.

Menzerna is fantastic, but the polishing times are very long and you can't cut them short, and removal is a PITA sometimes. Adapt and Polish are the top dogs in the game right now(They weren't around back then), and 3D just released 2 more AAT polishes that I haven't tried yet. Shine Supply's Flat Top is easily the best compound out right now as well, 3D's Cut is just above average. GG 3" was also one of the only small DA's at the time, I personally don't like mine, I just got a Flex PE-8 to replace it, if I didn't I would've gone with the Rupes Mini or just use a 3" backing plate on the full sized griots DA. GG 3" works, but is seriously slow and underpowered.

Collinite is a solid choice for a wax. I'd recommend looking into learning coatings when you can, the industry is heading that direction quickly as all the coatings are quite a jump forward in every aspect, looks, durability, dirt repellancy, etc. If there's no CQuartz Finest installers within 30 miles of you, get certified for it since they geo-lock out all installers for a 30 mile radius(like me ). CQuartz UK is definitely a great starter coating to learn on.
    I've heard that about Shine Supply before, but don't remember which product they were referring to...

Thanks for your input regarding polishes...you have MUCH more experiences with paint correction than I do.

Also, the PE-8 looks awesome and members on the forums are always praising it. Would love to buy it one day. Have fun with it!

Ahhh okay I didnt realize he worked for PBMG at the time. I may use HD products or even the Megs 105 & 205 combo.
    What pads would you recommend due to those LC ones perhaps being out dated?

This is all just for my 2013 Yamaha FZ6R bike. Will spend probably all day on the detail like Todd did. Going to follow his write up and do everything he did, just with different products. I'm in the product selection phase right now.
    It's not a bad thing, but just wanted to point that out. Have to be careful in this detailing world--you never know who's been given free products/compensated to help push a specific product either.

I don't like M105, but it definitely serves its purpose. It can be and will be a pain in the ass to work with at times, so I never recommend it. M205 is a good choice though.

Not many choices for 3in pads....

But Megs makes 3in microfiber pads (I have them) and they are pure quality. Maybe try these? http://www.autogeek.net/3-inch-flat-pads.html (different than Hydro-techs)
    I personally didn't like Griots Garage 3in pads either. I think that Lake Country may be your best option for 3in pads. (I could be wrong though)

KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    looking to grab some new products. Was going to probably get the consumer version of Cquartz or Opti Gloss, unless you guys recommend something else, mainly looking to remove some swirls and get an insane gloss finish.

and anybody have experience with this drying towel
    http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-.../dp/B0042Z0LEO

Originally Posted by KidGogeta View Post
    looking to grab some new products. Was going to probably get the consumer version of Cquartz or Opti Gloss, unless you guys recommend something else, mainly looking to remove some swirls and get an insane gloss finish.

and anybody have experience with this drying towel
    http://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-.../dp/B0042Z0LEO
    I can't comment in detail on either coating because I barely have any experience with them. I have heard that Gloss-coat is really nice to work with. Coatings do have their issues, even experienced coating installers run into trouble....but they do look nice on cars. Make sure you do heavy research on the subject.

Installation of coatings revolves around your prep work prior to install, then after it revolves around curing. But like I said this is all from reading.

You have other products picked out already? Cutting and finishing polishes...costing prep products...shampoos...coating install tools...etc

I don't like Chemical Guys mostly because of their bad marketing, bad information and vague responses on forums. It literally comes across as if kids are running the company. Unfortunately they have such a big name that so many still exclusively use their products. A lot of their products are terrible as well...yes I'm part of the people that have bought stuff from them, but I buy from everyone and form my own opinions. Some of their products are really bad. They have so many SKUs of the same type of product and they can't even explain the difference between them...it's just a joke. /rant

Sorry, so about that towel. I would stay away from it--maybe it works good. Some people love their towels, same hate them. I'm sure some of their towels are from major MF towel distributors anyways, but have never looked in to it.

Stay simple with your MF towels: theragcompany.com

Looks like they're having a good sale or something right now.

Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Problem is they private label for so many companies and than steal the concept and create a new product of their own thus the tens of SKUs for the same product.
    >>Official Cologne Crew Verified Splitter<<
    >>Spring Cutters Crew - SCC<<

Originally Posted by Kidd123 View Post
    Problem is they private label for so many companies and than steal the concept and create a new product of their own thus the tens of SKUs for the same product.
    Yeah, there have been rumors for years, but never have been proven--well I've never seen it at least.

The fact is that these products are not hard to make...well for someone with a chemistry background.

I don't know, but what I do know is that a lot of their products lack in performance.

Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have a ton of their stuff and to be honest i feel like 1/4th of their product line is really bad. I stick with the proven winners and dont get too adventurous with them anymore.

KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KidGogeta is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah I feel the same way as you guys, what is your guys prep work and wax/sealant stack looking like? Just want some new stuff I could mess around with this summer. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable on the subject.

KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAnderson1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What do you all use to clean and protect your wheels? Neglected properly cleaning and maintaining my wheels due to the freezing temperatures now they look pretty ****ed and I'll need to sell the car in a few months.

Lots of engrained dirt is on them that would come off with scrubbing hard but don't want to damage them again since they're diamond cut, don't have any specialty wheel products left either :-(

Bulking from 170 to 190

jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah I feel the same way as you guys, what is your guys prep work and wax/sealant stack looking like? Just want some new stuff I could mess around with this summer. You guys seem pretty knowledgeable on the subject.
    i use Menzerna Power Lock + topped with Megs Gold Class the next week

other wax/sealants: 4 bottles of Meg's Nxt 2.0 (on clearance lol), and Mothers step 3 Caranuba

for inbwetween car washes and touch ups i use: Megs M04 Final Inspection, Meg's Ultimate Quick Detailer, Mothers Showtime Detailer, Megs Quick Spray Wax, and Mothers FX Spray Wax
    ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄Official Misc Ski/Snowboard Crew❄ ❄ ❄ ❄

OVO Crew

Instagram - skier.brah

I have a ton of their stuff and to be honest i feel like 1/4th of their product line is really bad. I stick with the proven winners and dont get too adventurous with them anymore.
    Their shampoos work fine. Some are harder to rinse away and I've found that sometimes this can lead to streaking or detail sprays/spray waxes not always playing well. Not a huge deal to me, but I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

I respect the fact that you enjoy some of their line; I never give anyone crap for using what they like...I just personally never fully recommend them.

My LSP stock is dwindling--I'm just not that into these products because the prep work is what brings out the best of the paint work. With that said there are coatings, sealants and waxes that may darken paint, tint it a little, etc....but I still don't get too excited about that stuff.

I've used a lot of these products...most of the time being 1-2oz samples from detailing meets or order 'freebies'.

I'm boring: I still use Collinite 845, also have Adam's Americana, DP Max Wax (free from meet), Sonax PNS and Adam's Quick sealant. I probably have more, but don't feel like getting up and looking (ha).

As far as prep work...are you talking about all the stuff used prior to applying a LSP?

Originally Posted by KAnderson1 View Post
    What do you all use to clean and protect your wheels? Neglected properly cleaning and maintaining my wheels due to the freezing temperatures now they look pretty ****ed and I'll need to sell the car in a few months.

Lots of engrained dirt is on them that would come off with scrubbing hard but don't want to damage them again since they're diamond cut, don't have any specialty wheel products left either :-(
    I see you're in the UK: they have a lot of more concentrated wheel cleaners than what we have in the US. I'm not sure what is the best, but if you research CarPro IronX and Meguiars D140, find a related highly rated product or consider one of those.

Meguiars D140 is not for all wheel surfaces so make sure you read about it and understand how those types of wheel cleaners work.

Also consider claying and polishing (by hand) as well.

70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000) 70chevellegsp is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use Collonite 845 on all my vehicles and Road King. Fantastic durability and shine IMHO. I like Menzerna products for cutting & polishing on hard Benz paint. I use a lot of Optimum No Rinse. In the winter I use it for a quick clean, and always dump an ounce or so in my wash bucket for a full wash. I use whatever spray wax (Eagle 1, etc) I can find cheap to use while drying. If I am taking my Chevelle to a show, I'll wax with Mothers (hard) carnuba. Gives a great shine, but isn't anywhere near as durable as the collonite.

JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any advice on getting compound goop out of tight spots? I have some over spray like in between doors hatch etc and threw a bunch of compound in there with my buffer. Most places I can't get my finger in and it is a rough surface. I have tried small brushes etc and it helped but there is a good bit still in there.
    Internet Muscle Squad

MISC Raw Dog Crew

Make MISC Great Again 2016 Crew

Originally Posted by JDizleSwoleizle View Post
    Any advice on getting compound goop out of tight spots? I have some over spray like in between doors hatch etc and threw a bunch of compound in there with my buffer. Most places I can't get my finger in and it is a rough surface. I have tried small brushes etc and it helped but there is a good bit still in there.
    Mother's sells a specific brush made just for that purpose.

I run into the same problem.

JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JDizleSwoleizle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mother's sells a specific brush made just for that purpose.

I run into the same problem.
    This?

That might help on a few places. Might be able the wrap a cloth around it on the areas that are a bit wider that I still can't get to.. hmm..
    Internet Muscle Squad

MISC Raw Dog Crew

they also sell a double sided brush ( looks like a toothbrush)

between both of those tools you should be fine

Everybody loves me CoreMaster75's Avatar
    CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoreMaster75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    MF wrapped around a credit card or something similar.

Quick Detailer if necessary
    keep rep trading out of your sig line

jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000) jswift79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    has anyone used, or own the Nanoskin Autoscrub towel?

would a medium grade towel be good for a 2012 car? the paint is in good for a 3 year old car. My only paint defects are paint chips from everyday driving, and they have been touched up

http://www.oldetownautospa.ca/produc...iant=798872947

OVO Crew

Instagram - skier.brah

Since I'm going to be ordering stuff soon then...

Recs on good Tire Shine? High gloss, no mess. I have been using Black Magic gel for ages, works pretty well but it does spit out a bit.
    Internet Muscle Squad

MISC Raw Dog Crew

Originally Posted by jswift79 View Post
    has anyone used, or own the Nanoskin Autoscrub towel?

would a medium grade towel be good for a 2012 car? the paint is in good for a 3 year old car. My only paint defects are paint chips from everyday driving, and they have been touched up

http://www.oldetownautospa.ca/produc...iant=798872947
    It's hard to say which grade clay you would need, but if you don't plan on any paint correction afterwards then make sure you read up on these clay alternatives. They have been known to mar paint that doesn't get marred from traditional clay (medium, fine, etc...). With that said, I have the sponges and haven't noticed any of these issues on a handful of different cars. I still reach for traditional clay at times, so definitely have that on hand as well.

I like the towel a lot, but don't own it. You may be able to get away with the fine towel.

Since I'm going to be ordering stuff soon then...

Recs on good Tire Shine? High gloss, no mess. I have been using Black Magic gel for ages, works pretty well but it does spit out a bit.
    I'm guessing most of the really high gloss dressings are found at local stores or car wash supply companies and most of them need to sit for several hours.

A lot of the good water based tire dressings that don't sling sold at Autogeek, DD, DI, etc... can be layered to get more gloss, but not sure if that's ideal for you. They don't last very long either.

I like Ammo Mud, Gyeon Tire, Adam's SVRT, HD Dress, PB Bold n Bright, etc....

You may like D170 Meguiars Hyper Dressing, but I don't ever recall using it and have definitely never bought it. People love this products, but I've read it doesn't last long at all.

I know for a fact that once I'm out of my dressings, I'm converting to tire coatings.

Edit: It looks like D170 has a dilution of 1:1 for high gloss.

It's hard to say which grade clay you would need, but if you don't plan on any paint correction afterwards then make sure you read up on these clay alternatives. They have been known to mar paint that doesn't get marred from traditional clay (medium, fine, etc...). With that said, I have the sponges and haven't noticed any of these issues on a handful of different cars. I still reach for traditional clay at times, so definitely have that on hand as well.

I like the towel a lot, but don't own it. You may be able to get away with the fine towel.

do the sponges have the same rubber fins that grab the contaminants like the towel/mitt

and do u rinse, or wipe down the sponge on a micro fiber before u work on another panel/section?

OVO Crew

Instagram - skier.brah

Originally Posted by jswift79 View Post
    do the sponges have the same rubber fins that grab the contaminants like the towel/mitt

and do u rinse, or wipe down the sponge on a micro fiber before u work on another panel/section?
    My guess is yes, but I've never inspected them closely to see for myself. I've never read anything on it either, but I can't see how they would be totally different as long as it's the same company and same grade.

I rub the sponge gently on a grit guard in a bucket that has water and an 1/2 an ounce of a rinse less wash product.

I'm really not sure what the exact correct way to do it is or what's recommended by the manufacturers, but it seems to work for me.

I know for a fact that once I'm out of my dressings, I'm converting to tire coatings.
    Go on...

Something like this?

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-tire-coating.html
    Internet Muscle Squad

MISC Raw Dog Crew

Go on...

Something like this?

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-tire-coating.html
    Yes sir

Check this thread comparing that product to the best known tire coating. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...clearcoat.html

Black Pearl is another one as well, but you are limited to where you can purchase it.

Tuf Shine's tire cleaner seems to be a must before you coat the tire. I have the tire cleaner: it's fantastic. Someone did a demo on the coating a while back at a meet and I wasn't impressed. Honestly, I don't know why because now I'm more interested since they've become more popular. They make for easier cleaning and you don't have to apply after every wash; instead it's 3+ months. Win win IMO.

Anyone use the GG Boss random orbital polisher yet? Thoughts?
    -49ers
    -Buckeyes

*KD Crew*

Yes sir

Check this thread comparing that product to the best known tire coating. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...clearcoat.html

Black Pearl is another one as well, but you are limited to where you can purchase it.

Tuf Shine's tire cleaner seems to be a must before you coat the tire. I have the tire cleaner: it's fantastic. Someone did a demo on the coating a while back at a meet and I wasn't impressed. Honestly, I don't know why because now I'm more interested since they've become more popular. They make for easier cleaning and you don't have to apply after every wash; instead it's 3+ months. Win win IMO.
    Internet Muscle Squad

MISC Raw Dog Crew

Anyone use the GG Boss random orbital polisher yet? Thoughts?
    Good words so far from everyone that got to test it. Haven't heard much from people that bought it once they released it for sales: I'm more interested in what these people say. Although, I'm sure the professional detailers that got their hand on them prior to release gave them ideas on what to fix/change...etc

If I didn't buy my Rupes21 I would probably consider the BOSS21 pretty hard before purchasing either one.

More options is a great thing for us customers.

Page 37 of 53 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast