Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    El amor todo lo puede poisonivvy's Avatar
    poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

poisonivvy's panoramic learning log

Hi! :Waves: I'm poisonivvy with two v's for twice the irritability looking to keep myself accountable by logging.

I've always been active, but skinny-fat. 62-63 inches tall, 25-30%ish body fat. After my triathlon on Saturday, I'd like to delve into the world of *actual* lifting and set some new goals. I have a sit on my ass, usually stressful full time job and I don't want to turn into what some of my fellow coworkers have in their 30s and 40s.

The hardest part of my journey will be eating correctly. I have a sugar addiction. I take full responsibility for it, yet when I was born I was so small the doctor's advice for my mother was to put a tablespoon of sugar in all my milk and foods. I think that stopped when I was 4 or so when they just realized I'd always be small. I'm ready to learn how to institute veggies into my diet without gagging. :rolls eyes:

So here we go! Cheers to the new adventure.

Cliffs- I'm a newbie, please be gentle! Reading, reading, reading and learning as I go along.
    Last edited by poisonivvy; 06-25-2013 at 08:32 PM.

poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) poisonivvy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Monday, 24 June 2013
    Food- 1422 calories via MFP app. Had lots of carbs with homemade Mac and cheese tonight.
    Exercise- 15 mile bike ride. 8 miles on paved trails/roads, 7 mountain bike trails. Fell once when misjudging the hills and forgot to clip out of pedals quickly!
    Mood- Cranky. Have a case of the Mondays and there are stupid people all over the place!

Tuesday, 25 June 2013
    Food- 1555 calories today via MFP app. Need to get more protein in...maybe one last shake tonight
    Exercise- 30 mins dog walking, 5mins stairmaster warm up, 30 mins 3.0-4.0 on treadmill with 10-20 incline, 60 mins of TRX all body exercises
    Mood- Unexpected day off, so a wonderful day catching up at home and on errands

Weds 26 June 2013
    Food- 1605 calories today via MFP app.
    Exercise- Rest day after 4 days straight activity! A lot of sitting in ze office chair today and some light stretching.
    Mood- Disappointed in myself. Made a decently sized mistake at work that"ll take some time to fix. Should have read some terms closer.
    Weight- 129.6lbs this morning

Thurs 27 June 2013
    Food-1513 calories today via MFP app.
    Exercise- Core day!
    Warmup- 1000m rowing machine
    1 min plank- feet on bosu/ arms on push-up grips
    1 min crunch on bosu
    1 min plank- feet on bosu / arms in wide stance on boxes
    1 min sit-ups feet on box
    1 min plank- feet on bosu / arms balance 15 lb medicine ball
    1 min crunch with 15 lb medicine ball
    1 min plank- feet on jump box arms balancing upside bosu
    1 min sit-ups holding box

2x back extension on hyper extension bench with 5 sec pause at top
    2x back extension on hyper extension bench with 5lb weight and 5 sec pause at top

2x20 leg raises with toes pointed out
    2x15 leg raises with legs tucked in/crunched

20 mins cardio on treadmill with 2 mins sprint, 2 mins hill incline (5-15), 1 min recovery rotation

Mood- Nervous. Butterflies in the tummy for the triathlon on Saturday. First co-ed one and where we actually go off pabed roads and mountain bike

Weight- 130.2 lbs in the morning

Fri 28 June 2013
    Off day! Lots of carbs and fluids in preparation for race day

Sat 29 June 2013
    Triathlon...welp, turned into a biathlon with no swimming as the race director cut it out.
    20k bike
    5k run
    Went ok, just proud I ran the entire run portion. Years past I have had to walk portions of it.

Thinking its time for a nice few months bulk and heavy lifting...followed by a cut for winter Caribbean vacation in Jan or so.

First, a few days off from doing anything and counting/watching everything.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi PI! (Oooo 3.14 lol ) IN!

Originally Posted by poisonivvy View Post
    The hardest part of my journey will be eating correctly. I have a sugar addiction. I take full responsibility for it, yet when I was born I was so small the doctor's advice for my mother was to put a tablespoon of sugar in all my milk and foods. I think that stopped when I was 4 or so when they just realized I'd always be small. I'm ready to learn how to institute veggies into my diet without gagging. :rolls eyes:
    Never heard of the extra sugar in the foods thing, I wonder why they didn't just have you drink massive amount of milk and eat lotsa pb sammiches? Anyways, embrace the veggies, broccoli and potatoes nice and crispy on the grill are awesome. I enjoy my sugary treats too, have some chocolate sprinkle cookies I'm currently stuck on HNNNGGGG!

Mood- Cranky. Have a case of the Mondays and there are stupid people all over the place!
    Heehee I think we may be related.

Good job on the racing events! Impressive, when they do have the swimming in there how long of a distance do they have you go? I can swim, run, bike but am as slow as a honeybaked ham waddling uphill in molasis, would take me like 2 days to do one of those races haha.

Bring on the bulking and heavy lifting!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Hi PI! (Oooo 3.14 lol ) IN!

Never heard of the extra sugar in the foods thing, I wonder why they didn't just have you drink massive amount of milk and eat lotsa pb sammiches?

Good job on the racing events! Impressive, when they do have the swimming in there how long of a distance do they have you go?
    It was a small town 80s doctor advice. Sis was somewhere around 8 lbs when born. Same doctor delivered me. I was on time, but only about 4 lbs. Oh well, the past is just that! Time to lay off the sugars.

This triathlon was a sprint event, so it was a half mile swim plus the river current (about 35 lengths in a pool) Thinking about signing up for the end of summer swim across the river from one side to another, about a mile.

Also got a bit of a bug in me to maybe try a Ironman 70.3. Think that'll go on the bucket list for before 35.

Sine, sine cosine sine...3.14159! Thanks for the encouragement!

Sun 30 June 2013
    Exercise- Rest day again...just the 45 mins of doggy walking at a moderate pace or sprint when squirrels, birds, or bunnies are to be stalked.
    Mood- Antsy to go to the gym, but sore lower back from the off road bike yesterday. Not used to sitting at home and doing nothing.
    Weight- 129.8 lbs this morning

Mon 1 July 2013
    Exercise- Rest day again...last day of no major muscle usage.
    Mood- Bored to tears. When it gets slow at work, the time seems to drag.
    Weight- 130.4 lbs this morning (gulp)

Tues 2 July 2013
    Food- 1516 calories today via MFP app. I was really bad at lunch and had a slice of cheese pizza. Oh it was so good!
    Exercise- .25 mile run warmup. Stretching and foam rolling. 2.89 mile run on treadmill with incline /decline between -2 and 3.0. 5 mile bike ride on the spin class bikes.
    Mood- Excited for lifting! Starts back up on Friday with leg day! Will swim my 2 miles tomorrow first to stretch out the muscles.
    Weight- 130.2 lbs in the morning

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are capable of swimming 2 miles you deserve all the pizza you can get your hands on.
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Grrr. Pool closed. Looked Irish green...as if someone puked or pooped in it and they were shocking it back to health!

Switched to arm and chest day on a whim thanks to handy gym bag with everything I need stashed in it:
    5 min walk and run on treadmill for warm up
    2 x 12 assisted pull-ups at 60
    1 x 12 assisted pull-up at 50
    2 x 6 assisted pull-ups at 40
    2 x 15 tricep rope pull downs at 20
    1 x 12 tricep rope pull down at 30
    2 x 8 tricep pull down at 40
    2 x 20 single arm front dumbbell raises at 5
    2 x 16 single arm front dumbbell raises at 7.5
    4 x 15 Incline push-ups mixing arm raise, fall into box, push up from box, etc
    2x 10 HAMMER chest press machine at 15
    2 x 8 HAMMER chest press machine at 20
    2x10 EZ Curl Upright row at 20
    2 x 8 EZ Curl Upright row at 30
    4 x 5 Not sure what they are called, but you target shoulders...you get straight up like a front raise, then extend all the way out, then down slowly....like elementary backstroke ( chicken, airplane, soldier...lol!) with 5 lb dumbells
    Food: 2116 calories today...gulp. I adjusted upwards with carbs in anticipation of swimming. Whoopsies, one day I will get all this counting down. Also forgot my shaker bottle for protein shakes during the work day.
    Mood: Calm. Ready for a jacuzzi jet bubble bath in the tub tonight to start the weekend off right!
    Weight- 130.1 on the scale this am
    Last edited by poisonivvy; 07-03-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Add weight in

Thursday 4 July 2013
    Rest in the closet with the puppies (only "safe" place while boom booms are going off left and right) day
    Did some walking early in the day to tire them out for about 35 mins
    Can I count lawn mowing for cardio since I don't like to run or do other forms of gym cardio?
    Food- 1635 calories per MFP
    Mood- Splendid! Took a 5 hour nap. Then wondered how many people were going into 19% interest rate credit card hell in about 5 weeks since they probably wasted their credit card limit on silly fireworks...when the city puts them on for free over the river! Probably could've kept a food bank running for several months or at least a few weeks of groceries for their families. And I digress, this is a lifting log!

Leg day! (With a few upper body thrown in):
    Warm up- 4 mins on level 70 stair master
    Smith Machine squats: 10-12 reps times 4 sets with weight of plates added of 30, then 40, then 50, then 60
    Hack Squat: 10-15 reps times 4 sets with weight added of: 50, 70, 90, 100
    Bench Incline Push-ups x 20 x 4 sets
    Single leg kettlebell dead lift: 2 sets of 12 with a little kb...I forgot to look at the weight, maybe 5 lbs? Then 2 sets of 12 with the next size up, maybe 10 lbs?
    Assisted pull-ups 4 sets
    Dead lift in the ground based squat machine. 4 sets with weight of plates added of 20 twice, 30, 50
    Cardio on spin class bike for 20 mins/ 6 miles
    Food- 1432 calories per MFP. I took a nap in the afternoon, overheated a bit, and just didn't feel like eating. Need to get better at telling myself just to eat, no matter if I feel hungry or not.
    Dog walking- 1 hr trail hike around the local island
    Weight- 130.1
    Mood- Sleepy
    Plan to swim tomorrow and Spin class on Sunday.
    Last edited by poisonivvy; 07-06-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Add cals and weight in

alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alyshabruso has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mon 1 July 2013
    Exercise- Rest day again...last day of no major muscle usage.
    Mood- Bored to tears. When it gets slow at work, the time seems to drag.
    Weight- 130.4 lbs this morning (gulp)
    Hey! don't worry about small weight gains, your body will naturally fluctuate up and down within a range of a few pounds. Looks like your doing great, keep up the lifting!

Saturday 6 July 2013
    Swim day! Hooray. Confession time....I love the scent of chlorine on my skin.
    Warmup- 200 swim, 200 kick, 200 pull
    Main set- 6 x 100 free and back on 1:45
    4x 100 IM
    200 kick
    2 x 100 sprint free
    200 kick
    Warm down- 100 easy
    Total- 2300 yards ~ 1.5 miles to escape the pool area before family swim hours started
    Dog walking for 2 miles/45 mins
    Food- 1742 calories per MFP
    Mood- So sore from leg day. Contemplating sleeping on the couch so I don't have to go up the stairs again.
    Weight- 129.2
    Last edited by poisonivvy; 07-06-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Add weight

Originally Posted by alyshabruso View Post
    Hey! don't worry about small weight gains, your body will naturally fluctuate up and down within a range of a few pounds. Looks like your doing great, keep up the lifting!
    Thank you for the words of encouragement!

Mood- So sore from leg day. Contemplating sleeping on the couch so I don't have to go up the stairs again.
    LMAO, I know that feel.

Also love the smell of chlorine from the pool. I shower right after lifting then hit the pools and just dry off and change into regular clothes, ahhhh (I hope that's not going to poison me or something, oh well... worth it!)
    Current PRs:

Sunday 7 July 2013
    Exercise- Spin class for an hour/13 miles biked. Then for a brick, went to the treadmill for a 1.5 mile run.
    Dog walking for 1 milish and lots of tennis ball throwing into the river
    Food- 1932 calories per MFP
    Mood- Sad the weekend is over. Feeling depressed about going in to work and dealing with whiny two years in adult bodies.
    Weight- 129.8

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post

Also love the smell of chlorine from the pool. I shower right after lifting then hit the pools and just dry off and change into regular clothes, ahhhh (I hope that's not going to poison me or something, oh well... worth it!)
    Except when your skin starts to itch so bad and you're clawing at your face whilst driving...and other peeps and giving you the WTF face as you scratch the relief and dig around in the center console for the moistrizer long since vanished...at first they must think we're desperately booger picking, only to realize we are unpeeling a mask of dry skin off ;-)

Monday 8 July 2013
    Exercise- Upper body day
    .25 run warm up on treadmill
    2x 15 reps HAMMER strength Jammer machine, one armed twist toward side. First with 10 lb added weight, second set with 20 lb added weight
    2x15 reps HAMMER strength push pull machine. First with 50 lbs added weight. Then with 70 lbs added weight.
    4 x assisted pull-ups with straps for grip
    - 12 x 110 lb weight
    - 10 x 100 lb weight
    - 6 x 90 lb weight
    - 3 x 90 lb weight
    4 x 15 incline push-ups with push off and fall back down
    4 x 15 pull up jumps from box with straps for grip
    3 x 12 rep sets of ground push-ups with the jazzier isle box step thingee inclines
    1 set x 12 real push-ups!!!! OMG, a first for me <grin>. No knees, so pleased with myself, hence my celebration drink below...
    1200 meters rowing machine

Food- 2053 calories per MFP, proud of myself for eating like I was supposed to to begin a muscle bulk.
    Mood- Content. Watching some trashy reality drama while sippin a bit of Captain Morgans! Rest day tomorrow.
    Weight- 128.6

Tuesday 9 July 2013
    Exercise- Rest day. The most exercise had was getting up to walk to the printer at work or climbing the stairs to take a nap once home.
    Food- 1525 calories per MFP
    Mood- Sleepy
    Weight- 128.6

Weds 10 July 2013
    Exercise- Spin class for an hour/~ 15 miles biked. Then for a brick, went to the treadmill for a 2.0 mile run.
    Food- 1310 calories per MFP..I think I forgot to majorly log something or my mind forgot to eat today while busy at work.
    Mood- Content, but tired and ready for bed. Hoping my pups don't toot toot up the room again...last night I switched beds at 2am due to being gassed out
    Weight- 129.2

Thurs 11 July 2013
    Exercise- Rest day
    Food- 1477 calories per MFP
    Mood- Ready for the weekend.
    Weight- 129.8

Leg day!
    Warm up- 5 mins on level 60 stair master
    Box squats: 10-12 reps times 4 sets with weight of plates added of just the bar, then 10, then 20, then 50
    Hex Bar Deadlift: 6- 12 reps times 4 sets with weight plates added of: 20, then 30, then 40
    Stiff legged dead lift in ground based squat machine 4 sets of 15
    Regular deadlift with barbell for the first time ever! Just added 20 (green) of weight to the bar while learning/focusing on form for 12 reps
    Single leg lunges: 2 sets each leg
    Cardio on bike for 20 mins/ 4.2 miles
    Food- 1873 calories per MFP.
    Weight- 129.6
    Mood- In de-stress weekend mode

Sat 13 July 2013
    Exercise- Just dog walking today
    Food- 1969 per MFP- had a yummy dinner out. The new FroYo store opened up near my house, had to make sure I supported them to keep them open!
    Mood- Stuffed full and have the heating pad on high. Damn you, female parts that cramp
    Weight- 129.9- feel bloated and like I'm holding extra water today

Sun 14 July 2013
    Exercise- spin class for 14.6 miles, core, then dog walking. Core included:
    1 min plank- feet on bosu/ arms on box
    1 min crunch on bosu
    1 min jumping jacks
    1 min plank- feet on bosu / arms in wide stance on boxes
    1 min sit-ups feet on box
    1 min jumping jacks
    1 min plank- feet on bosu / arms balance 18 lb medicine ball
    1 min crunch with 18 lb medicine ball
    1 min jumping jacks
    1 min plank- feet on jump box arms balancing upside bosu
    1 min sit-ups holding box
    1 min plank- feet on bosu / arms on foam roller
    1 min regular crunches
    1 min jumping jacks

2x20 leg raises with toes pointed out
    2x25 leg raises with legs tucked in/crunched
    Food- 2103 per MFP.
    Mood- Flabbergasted at how fast weekends go by.
    Weight- 129.7- still feeling bloated, but should only have 2 more days to go.
    Last edited by poisonivvy; 07-15-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Added final cal count in

Mon 15 July 2013
    Exercise- outdoor brick day! 10.5 mile road bike along the river and nature preserve then a 3 mile run.
    Food- 1789 per MFP.
    Mood- tired but enjoying drama on Bravo tonight
    Weight- 127.8- Yup, knew I was holding in water the last few days!

Rockin my sassy Oscar the grouch jersey while biking!

Last edited by poisonivvy; 07-16-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Tuesday 16 July 2013
    Exercise- Upper body day
    5 mins stair step warmup
    3 sets of 10 pull-ups with the thicker green resistance band and straps for grip
    1 set of 3 with black (super thin) resistance band and straps for grip
    Close grip cable machine pull down with triangle
    1 set of 6 on 90
    2 sets of 12 on 70

Bench press for first time ever! Gotta start somewhere!
    2 sets of 12 with just the bar
    1 set of 6 with 5 added weight on each side
    1 set of 7 with just bar

2 sets of 10 decline push-ups. Hands on ground, feet on bench
    2 sets of 10 dips with elbows in/tricep focused dips on bench. Booty close to bench
    2 sets of 10 dumbbell side lateral raises with 5lbers
    2 sets of 21s (7x7x7 bicep curls ) using 20lb ex curl bar
    Cardio warmdown- 20 mins on 2-3 min inclines of 5, 10, 12, 15 followed by recovery walking 3.5- 3.9 speeds

Food- 1658 calories per MFP.
    Mood- Super tired. Time to go crash in bed.
    Weight- 129.2

Weds 17 July 2013
    Exercise- Rest day. Man those tris are tender today.
    Food- no idea. Had a yummy dinner out though with dessert.
    Mood- Trying to hang in there for one more day of work.
    Weight- 129.8