Page 214 of 221 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 6607
    RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice session Doughnut....I am sure you will get there....
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its so cool to see you doing these lifts. Every time I see them I want to do them but Tim makes a good point; Ill most likely develop bad habits that will have to be unlearned. Looks hard but looks like you are enjoying yourself even if you can't breathe
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Thanks Shawn.

I have a fair idea of what the plan will look like. Few isolation exercises will come in. Few compounds will go out.
    Some of us are not blessed with time for everything.

IKWYM. Time can be problematic. Coach Vika probably a good asset though for programming support? IDK she may not do that though. Good work on the bench, squat oly combo today. Not that I have the slightest idea how to comment on oly lifting other that I saw you in the gym doing work which is boss.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for the detailed description of the bar. As far as progress goes, from what I have seen in the vids it looks like you are doing great. Repetition and putting in work = more reps than when you started thus bringing you closer to your goals.

Mobility will come. I imagine once your start getting some good weights overhead gravity will take over and make the Bulgarian ATG sit tough to avoid.

Good luck with your programming, I am sure you will come up with something that works perfect for you.
    Last edited by shaneinga; 06-24-2016 at 08:42 AM.

piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Serious sessions in here DnG.
    I'm with the other gents in that it would be fun to try but without a qualified coach I'd have all kinds of bad habits.

Mobility will come, I'm sure of it. I don't think I'd have as good of mobility at this age if it weren't for my boys being in scouts. Most of the time I'd just sink into a squat when waiting for them to get done with activities or sitting around a campfire.
    Eric

PR's
    Bench 305
    OHP 155x5
    Squat 315
    Deadlift 385

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    Nice session Doughnut....I am sure you will get there....
    Cheers Ron. I aint got to compare to anyone on these lifts so I can just plod along and try to improve.

Would be mega to get to somewhere half decent though.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Its so cool to see you doing these lifts. Every time I see them I want to do them but Tim makes a good point; Ill most likely develop bad habits that will have to be unlearned. Looks hard but looks like you are enjoying yourself even if you can't breathe
    Yup. Got to sort out that basic cue of taking in oxygen and then exhaling. Funny how when you don't, your face goes purple and you become dizzy.

The only bad habits you have currently, is being a sarcastic kunt.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    IKWYM. Time can be problematic. Coach Vika probably a good asset though for programming support? IDK she may not do that though. Good work on the bench, squat oly combo today. Not that I have the slightest idea how to comment on oly lifting other that I saw you in the gym doing work which is boss.
    Cheers Robert.

Vika has put a plan together funnily enough. But I want to pursue the task of self-programming for once.

No need to comment on anything mate. There is nowt to really comment on.

Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    Serious sessions in here DnG.
    I'm with the other gents in that it would be fun to try but without a qualified coach I'd have all kinds of bad habits.

Mobility will come, I'm sure of it. I don't think I'd have as good of mobility at this age if it weren't for my boys being in scouts. Most of the time I'd just sink into a squat when waiting for them to get done with activities or sitting around a campfire.
    My mobility is dog chite mate. But I have incorporated half hour at the end of each olly session, working on areas that are tight.

I aint ever going to be doing the splits. But slowly over time, i should loosen up.

================================================== ==================
    ================================================== ==================

Fri olly session.

Frog jumps x 80m
    Glute kicks x 40m
    Alternate leg kicks x 40m
    Walking on toes while keeping ass out and core tight x 80m
    Frog position walking x 20m
    Reverse above x 20m

Training bar slow snatch and into squat.

Session.

Worked tonight paired up with FSI owner Andrew.
    Why on earth I am getting people way out of my expertise level I do not know!

Started with Very Narrow grip empty bar snatches. Was not allowed to use speed. Had to be slow and controlled.
    Sore, sore, sore. Much more difficult to perform than wide snatch grip position.
    6 sets of 3 completed.

Upped weight to 30kilo
    6 x 3

40kilo
    6 x 2

Then snatch from the floor as above.

No normal wide grips were done.

Then bar from floor in deadlift position. pulling up the shins and bending the knees back away from the bar. Keeping head up.
    2 reps and third rep was past the knees and into hip driving the bar as high up the body as possible.

3 reps equated to a single exercise.

60kilo x5 sets
    70kilo x5 sets
    80kilo x5 sets
    90kilo x3 sets

Dropped weight to 60kilo so as to perform the motion with ease.

Finished with side lat raises. Fronts and rears.

Stretching.

No vids. No lifts performed. Working on form.
    Andrew told me that my snatch was allowing an arm bend because I was ending the pull of the bar a little too soon. You may notice it in the 40kilo vids from before.
    Showed me some great pointers. One of them is called BIG BANANA. (No he didnt btw wankas)
    I am trying to work with so many cues as I go into the lifts. That I end up forgetting something. But ANYTHING forgotten makes the lift go to chit really fast.

I like this olly malarky. 50x more cues than when I was learning the squat. One day they will fall into place.

Programming is nearly sorted.

Deadlifts are going AWOL. Possible RDL as an alternative.
    Bench is going AWOL.

OHP is staying.
    FS is coming in.
    High bar squat is staying.

Loads of football currently. Been lurking along but keeping quite shtummm.

Enjoy the weekend.

Leave you with a photo of an exhausted Poland supporter.

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I love to see this Doughnut...so different than what the rest of us are doing and it looks like its got you inspired....putting in some serious oly volume....lots of technique involved that require reps to really learn the move....

I think the attitude that you got no one to compare with is how to approach any style....Of course I struggle with everyone's warm ups so there that too...I can't even begin to think I can compare

As far as fronts..its almost like you do them anyway...clean and jerk forces the issue

Great pics of mini- Elton - doughnut - football hooligan
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000) Sen8or is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Far out he's growing up fast, very styley young man.

Like reading about the oly work, such a blend between technique and power
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150040863

Max Lifts

Squat 135kgs (297 lbs)
    Bench 105kgs (231 lbs)
    Deads 160kgs (352lbs)

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He's getting big
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /β–Œ
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    sounds an awesome day... its funny when you watch interviews with all the Further eastern lifters its all about speed yet in the west they use slow versions of the lifts... for my i think speed is what i need...

are you pair about the same height???
    Sleepy.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do some overhead squats for me .

Great pics, it's just crazy how fast they grow up.

Self-programming is not exact science. There is a lot of trial and error. Just record what you are doing accurately and how you are feeling. Then you can make adjustments over time to get it to match recovery ability. As long as you are devoting time to compound movements and making progress you can't really go wrong. I prefer self programming personally, but I "borrow" a majority of what I'm doing from various established programs. If you put the work into figuring yourself out, it becomes the best custom program you can get.

As far as progression, I usually stick with a simple and effective double progression for work sets. Pick a weight you can get for the desired number of reps and try to add a rep until you get your desired reps across for your sets then increase the weight and work the reps up again.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-26-2016 at 04:19 AM.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice technique session DNG! Judging by how long it took me to get remotely ok at the big 3, I think the olly lifts would take me the rest of my time on this planet!
    Harry in college now? So big!!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love to see this Doughnut...so different than what the rest of us are doing and it looks like its got you inspired....putting in some serious oly volume....lots of technique involved that require reps to really learn the move....

I think the attitude that you got no one to compare with is how to approach any style....Of course I struggle with everyone's warm ups so there that too...I can't even begin to think I can compare

As far as fronts..its almost like you do them anyway...clean and jerk forces the issue

Great pics of mini- Elton - doughnut - football hooligan
    I just hope he does not turn out like that embarrassing shower who went over to the Euros and caused meaningless trouble, Ron.
    Absolute disgrace.

Don't even get me started on the poor English folk who think that voting for an OUT from the Euro will end the immigration issues. Seems everyone voted out just for that single reason. SMH.

I will be at this olly lifting for probably another 12 months minimum before I get any kind of fluid action within the ROM. But as long as I get the chance to progress and improve. I will be happy.

I am still right down there with all of you guys if you decided to pick up these lifts. Although mobility will have 95% of you guys further ahead.

Thanks man.

Originally Posted by Sen8or View Post
    Far out he's growing up fast, very styley young man.

Like reading about the oly work, such a blend between technique and power
    Anna dresses him. If I dress him. People chuck me spare change when we go out. Then I find that the clothes that no longer fit him are still in the same wardrobe

I need plenty of help with technique. Plus loads of assistance with power. Cheers 8.

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    He's getting big :-)
    Like his daddy.

Originally Posted by scott_donald View Post
    sounds an awesome day... its funny when you watch interviews with all the Further eastern lifters its all about speed yet in the west they use slow versions of the lifts... for my i think speed is what i need...

are you pair about the same height???
    I am in the frame of not even knowing any famous olly lifting guys in the circle Scott.
    Funny you mention that. Andrew has been taught many different ways. Murican, East and West. He does not favour the Murican way apparently.

Although he is another that was not allowed near a bar for many months until his patterns were ingrained. Seems the good lifters all get that same type of teaching. So I am doomed.

Vika is a bit shorter than me. Andrew however is right on my height. Same small hands. But a better built frame of course. He did mention that I need to remember that my arms are just there for bringing the bar up.

I like the slow work. But just that 20kilo bar slowly moved and the lactic build up is pretty awful for my weak arms.

Also the speed work and hangs have pretty much made my white quads all black and blue. They are battered.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Do some overhead squats for me .
    OK. Done 5 sets of triples. But camera on phone ran out of space by the end. So all I could muster is this.

Just for you pookie.

Great pics, it's just crazy how fast they grow up.

Self-programming is not exact science. There is a lot of trial and error. Just record what you are doing accurately and how you are feeling. Then you can make adjustments over time to get it to match recovery ability. As long as you are devoting time to compound movements and making progress you can't really go wrong. I prefer self programming personally, but I "borrow" a majority of what I'm doing from various established programs. If you put the work into figuring yourself out, it becomes the best custom program you can get.

As far as progression, I usually stick with a simple and effective double progression for work sets. Pick a weight you can get for the desired number of reps and try to add a rep until you get your desired reps across for your sets then increase the weight and work the reps up again.
    I am still right at it. Spent an hour today on it. Chopping and changing. Trying to look for a happy medium with rows and not allowing them to get in the way of OHP progress. Blah blah.

But yeah. I am looking at a rep range program. Across the board, then bump it up. My book is in my bag. So logging will be old school pen n paper.

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Nice technique session DNG! Judging by how long it took me to get remotely ok at the big 3, I think the olly lifts would take me the rest of my time on this planet!
    Harry in college now? So big!!
    Harry is a stand up comic Shawn. Well he thinks he is the way he is playing up for his mother over the pond currently.

Olly takes the whole time on the planet for anyone to master.

OK. Quick session.

Seated cable rows.
    Wide bar
    5 sets of 8

Laying row
    5 sets of 8

Squatting. Left the sand bag at home.

Finished with a set of 110kilo.

Then GROUND OUT a 125single.

Some olly work. Slow movements. AGAIN kept forgetting about the early pulling. FFS.

Washing, car cleaning, bathroom duties, cooking, shopping, Then went for a quick 10k cycle.

Should be sorted with programming by tonight. Or at least by next session After Vika on Tuesday.

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sweet! That set looked minty mint! Way to hit 125!! Beauty work bud!
    ☻/
    / \

Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Sweet! That set looked minty mint! Way to hit 125!! Beauty work bud!

Cheers Shawn.

Looks like my sandbagging has come to an abrupt end.

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Leave you with a photo of an exhausted Poland supporter.

Lovely pics! Gee, he's growing up fast and already a full-on character just like his Dad

Nice squatting DG! Could be the camera angle, I noticed you hold your head up high when doing these.

Always great reading and chortling

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing smoke and mirrors about those squats. Sorry for the hug. I know you hate that Love seeing that 10k bike ride in there too.
    ☻/
    /β–Œ

Those squats looked very strong Doughnut....don't know what to say about UK issues...we have our own here we're dealing with in our election....I didn't hear about the fan incident but we have them here all the time...a guy got thrown off a ledge and down to the floor after the NBA game 7 playoff...

I'll never get that kind of thinking

love the oly work...great stuff

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great pics and vids! Kids grow up so fast. It really is amazing how quickly they grow.

Vids are fun, strong reps on squats and nice looking OH squat. Way to nail that 125 squat and the reps at 110 looked really strong.

Kicking butt in here Flo... Haha. Just kidding DNG.

MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great WO, great vids, great WO ethics, and handsome young lad... happy for ya!!
    In regard to your comment about your wife... does she have a single pretty sister with equal talents?
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO
    -------------CREW---------------

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    Nothing smoke and mirrors about those squats. Sorry for the hug. I know you hate that - Love seeing that 10k bike ride in there too.
    That bike is only getting 2x per week atm. Needs to be at least 3. Raining or not. By the time i get home. I love it.

Squats were pretty simple. Maybe it is all this fluffy coating I have currently. Although I am still below 190 but dunno how.

Those squats looked very strong Doughnut....don't know what to say about UK issues...we have our own here we're dealing with in our election....I didn't hear about the fan incident but we have them here all the time...a guy got thrown off a ledge and down to the floor after the NBA game 7 playoff...

I'll never get that kind of thinking

love the oly work...great stuff
    We can't talk football after that shower of chite last night mate. We are a nation renowned for football violence. Shame that it still shows up in 2016 though.

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Great pics and vids! Kids grow up so fast. It really is amazing how quickly they grow.

Vids are fun, strong reps on squats and nice looking OH squat. Way to nail that 125 squat and the reps at 110 looked really strong.

Kicking butt in here Flo... Haha. Just kidding DNG. :-D
    LOL. Flounder will have kittens.

Cheers man.

Originally Posted by MooseTequila View Post
    Great WO, great vids, great WO ethics, and handsome young lad... happy for ya!!
    In regard to your comment about your wife... does she have a single pretty sister with equal talents? :-D
    She has a single sister mate. But she is rougher than a badgers arse. Cheers camperman.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Lovely pics! Gee, he's growing up fast and already a full-on character just like his Dad :-)

Nice squatting DG! Could be the camera angle, I noticed you hold your head up high when doing these.

Always great reading and chortling
    Thanks Weezie.

Yeah. May be the angle. I don't specifically have my head raised per se. But I do push the back of my head into the shoulders as if I am holding a pencil.

This really helps me keep my chest upright, thus not falling into a loose back throughout the ROM.

Funny how I don't really think of what I do in the squat any more. Although I am now really trying to focus on using the spreading of the feet and trying to (feel) both of my feet on the drive back from the hole. Something that is keeping me slightly away from allowing my body to use my strongest side out of the bottom.

Harry will hopefully have confidence as he grows up. Something I have never lacked.

=========================================

Ok so no point in double posting.

Vika tonight 18:30 - 20:15

Warmed up within a lifting platform. Stretching exercises and mobility work.

Then onto empty bar floor position, slowly dragging up the shins and to the groin. Many sets.

Progressed through to cleans then bending at the knees and trying to get the bar to (BoyyyyoooyyyyyING) Then into jerk.

Something like this. (although I was terrible tonight.)

Was not allowed past the weight I was using. Repeat repeat repeat. For about 30mins. I was just not getting my head through the bar for some reason. I finally got it but too late. Exercise was over.

Then onto hang snatch. Only up to 30kilo. Aggressive speed and trying to squeeze the bar as hard as possible and drag it right up the skin into the hips.

Then for some reason. She put me in the squat rack.

Worked me up to 100kilo x 5

She wanted my grip to be wider slightly so as to be able to (tuck) my elbows back a bit further through my back. Said this would give a much greater chance of tightness.

Although she also said that she was just nit picking.

Ended on some stretches.

Programming. Lawd

Ok. After screwing up quite a few ideas. I am going with a simple basic well known program with accessories focused on plenty of PULLING.

I will only be training to the program 2x per week. The other 2 will be olly work. To ensure that I still get the benefit of ALL the lifts being hit within the 2 sessions.

I will obviously have to choose the LESS BORING option.

Got home after being out the house for 12 hours. Made me some food porn.

Will ketchup with journals hopefully tomorrow.
    Last edited by doughnutgut; 06-28-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Looks like lots of hard work and technique repetition in that session DNG! Great job and beauty foodz!
    ☻/
    / \

IN on some 531 training/olly training Now you got my pea brain working again..........

☻/
    /β–Œ

This is all very exciting stuff...great to have a eyes and hands on coach with her experience....great work Doughnut

Sports fan violence has been around as long as sports....people get very attached and lose perspective that its just a game....I've seen it all my life at Giants Dodgers games and 49er games...I don't go to live sporting events the cost out weighs the hassle...I like to sit and watch from home....but occasionally I'll breakdown and go to a game...... it's rare since I get all 162 Giants games on my regular cable package and all the warrior games...The 49ers are on TV every game just because they always sell out...I don't follow them anymore I'm a ship without a sail in the NFL looking for a team to settle on....I've always like NO Saints and da Chicago Bears..... So there's no real need....snacks are better here and the restrooms are uncrowded and clean

MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ya had me at........

Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO
    -------------CREW---------------

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

Ok. Fly by post.

Vika olly training went well. Loads of snatch work and jerks. Jerks are probable the hardest for me to learn. Although most find this movement simple. I can not manage to push my head through fast enough.

Snatch though. Most hated lift by many. I seem to really enjoy.

Small vid.

Wendlers 5/3/1
    Cycle 1 of 20
    Less boring.

Press plus set +5
    45kilo got 7

BBB
    Bench 1x10x40kilo
    Then adjusted to 5x5x60kilo. Bit more challenging.

Finished with Seated rows.

Laying wide grip rows.

Tricep pull downs.

Wendler 5/3/1
    Deadlift
    Plus set 110kilo +5 stopped at 13.

Squats BBB
    5x10x55kilo

Olly work as accessories.

Deadlifts were feeling like I could have gone on for double that if I was not aware that my lower back was starting to whisper that I better be stopping soon. So I done as I was told.

This cycle will obviously be an adjusting test cycle. Although lower work seems to be where it was on the last run. Deads however with the hex I can see them getting beyond the 400 mark quite easily with the rep calculator in the near future.

Anna and Harry arrive back tomorrow evening. I have obviously been lurking. Watching the small adjustments in deads by some. Also the mock meet amazing total and strength. MAde my day watching that Shawn. You are gonna fly by the real meet.

I will be putting my session totals in like above. No one needs to read the warm up or working sets. The money shot is my plus figure and BBB set.

I have to dash. Will be silently lurking when I can.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    O
    I will be putting my session totals in like above. No one needs to read the warm up or working sets. The money shot is my plus figure and BBB set.
    Plus it leaves more room for burger pics! Ah running now, got hangry.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Nice work DNG.

Good luck on your cycle of 531. Deadlift cardio FTW!

Thanks for the mention DNG!
    Great job on the press and deads that could have went on forever! Loved the again! Looking stronger and more explosive each time!
    ☻/
    / \

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    congrats on that 125kg Squat Leigh
    275lb in old UK money - excellent work

Football , Jumpers for Goal posts , lovely image, isn't it (Fast Show)
    Harry supporting Poland is not a bad idea [ the only team we beat in the group was Wales and they face Portugal and we are out of it= ironic)

working with people who are better at you at certain aspects is a very good thing in my opinion, it will assist with your development and also increase your motivation.
    ☻/
    / \

Page 214 of 221 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast