Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I wrote a westside program for football/throwing

http://metal-and-iron.blogspot.com/2...-football.html

Many believe that Westside programs are only effective for multi-ply lifters. While this may or may not be true, the underlying methodology, conjugate periodization, is applicable to all types of weight training. The problem is that the majority of athletes are not knowledgeable enough to create a program to suit their needs using conjugate periodization, so they simply run a cookie-cutter Westside program which is probably sub-optimal.

KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000) KingSSaid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Skursk55 View Post
    http://metal-and-iron.blogspot.com/2...-football.html

Many believe that Westside programs are only effective for multi-ply lifters. While this may or may not be true, the underlying methodology, conjugate periodization, is applicable to all types of weight training. The problem is that the majority of athletes are not knowledgeable enough to create a program to suit their needs using conjugate periodization, so they simply run a cookie-cutter Westside program which is probably sub-optimal.
    Your program is definatly better than following nothing structured, or just doing what ever, but still cookie cutter programs arnt guna be specific to the persons goals, strengths and weeknesses, like u got people going into the 10 rep range, if they needed to build strength this would be the best thing for them.

But your program is definatly better than following nothing, or trying to create ur own when u dont know what ur doing.

odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) odininagym has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Its not there planning whose bad for sport is there exercice is for glute much of the time.

Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skursk55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by KingSSaid View Post
    Your program is definatly better than following nothing structured, or just doing what ever, but still cookie cutter programs arnt guna be specific to the persons goals, strengths and weeknesses, like u got people going into the 10 rep range, if they needed to build strength this would be the best thing for them.

But your program is definatly better than following nothing, or trying to create ur own when u dont know what ur doing.
    I'm assuming my program written for football/throwing is going to be used by people training for football/throwing, so it's quite specific to their goals.

I have them going into the ten rep range... Yeah, on assistance exercises. Football players need to get bigger, too, and they can't just 5 rep max on everything.

blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have Power Clean listed as on your max upper body day. This is a full body lift that is dominated by the posterior chain. Power clean is vital to the explosiveness of football as it follows the principle of specificity for the sport. This exercise is considered a staple for a reason.
    You also had a minimal amount of plyos and conditioning. I am hoping you don't mean this to be a comprehensive program. If so there should be some concentration on mobility, flexibility, plyometrics, speed, agility, and conditioning.
    "Hey ladies, hey gentlemen, hey everybody...One more time for the Greatest Team in America!!!!"- ERK RUSSELL
    I rep back.
    Got negged twice in one day for believing in God. Guess what? I still believe in God.
    >>>>>Florida State Seminoles Tomahawk Nation Crew>>>>>
    CSCS by the NSCA

Originally Posted by blitz042000 View Post
    You have Power Clean listed as on your max upper body day. This is a full body lift that is dominated by the posterior chain. Power clean is vital to the explosiveness of football as it follows the principle of specificity for the sport. This exercise is considered a staple for a reason.
    You also had a minimal amount of plyos and conditioning. I am hoping you don't mean this to be a comprehensive program. If so there should be some concentration on mobility, flexibility, plyometrics, speed, agility, and conditioning.
    I don't write mobility, flexibility, speed, agility, and conditioning into weight lifting programs. I was going under the assumption that the athlete is already doing those things as part of their sport's practice. I do recommend box jumps or sprints after one of the days.

As for power clean, I put it on the last day of the week because it's a total body movement. I didn't want to do that the day before any other work, so I put it on the day when there's two rest days following.

blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blitz042000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't write mobility, flexibility, speed, agility, and conditioning into weight lifting programs. I was going under the assumption that the athlete is already doing those things as part of their sport's practice. I do recommend box jumps or sprints after one of the days.

As for power clean, I put it on the last day of the week because it's a total body movement. I didn't want to do that the day before any other work, so I put it on the day when there's two rest days following.
    You recommend rotating power cleans with other exercises its not like its done every week. If your not going to write in other areas of fitness you probably just shouldn't bother writing the program for two reasons. First Louise Simmons has trained football players using the Westside method and increased their performance so writing yours isn't necessary. Second if you are going to write a program it should be comprehensive. You should also address other areas fitness such as the ones I previously lifted. In Wendlers 5/3/1 he addresses conditioning and mobility because they are important to the sport of powerlifting.
    That being said I like your programming from a powerlifting stand point of someone with not a lot of equipment but, it still needs to address mobility and conditioning.
    "Hey ladies, hey gentlemen, hey everybody...One more time for the Greatest Team in America!!!!"- ERK RUSSELL
    I rep back.
    Got negged twice in one day for believing in God. Guess what? I still believe in God.
    CSCS by the NSCA

Originally Posted by blitz042000 View Post
    You recommend rotating power cleans with other exercises its not like its done every week. If your not going to write in other areas of fitness you probably just shouldn't bother writing the program for two reasons. First Louise Simmons has trained football players using the Westside method and increased their performance so writing yours isn't necessary. Second if you are going to write a program it should be comprehensive. You should also address other areas fitness such as the ones I previously lifted. In Wendlers 5/3/1 he addresses conditioning and mobility because they are important to the sport of powerlifting.
    That being said I like your programming from a powerlifting stand point of someone with not a lot of equipment but, it still needs to address mobility and conditioning.
    Do you know exactly what Louie did with the football guys? He tweaked Westside to suit them, which is exactly what I did.

I agree that power cleans are a great exercise for athletes, but I don't think they're so vital that they should be done every single week.

In 5/3/1, Wendler doesn't write mobility into the program. He writes about it in the book, and makes recommendations about how/when to use it, but it's not in the program proper. I didn't write anything about it because there's already tons of information on it out there, and I'm not going to say anything new. Would you have me write a diet to go along with it? I'm writing a weight training program, not a lifestyle.

Do you know exactly what Louie did with the football guys? He tweaked Westside to suit them, which is exactly what I did.

I agree that power cleans are a great exercise for athletes, but I don't think they're so vital that they should be done every single week.

In 5/3/1, Wendler doesn't write mobility into the program. He writes about it in the book, and makes recommendations about how/when to use it, but it's not in the program proper. I didn't write anything about it because there's already tons of information on it out there, and I'm not going to say anything new. Would you have me write a diet to go along with it? I'm writing a weight training program, not a lifestyle.

Unless you are a licensed dietician no I wouldn't have you right a nutrition plan. And actuely Louise made no mention of modifying his programming from the Westside method. The point I am making is the program is not inclusive. Its not a whole program just a part of a program is what I am saying. Even if you don't address specifics include something about these areas. You have a lot of kids come in here with not a lot of knowledge and they will do what you say and no more. You should at least point that out. But yes power cleans, snatches or some variation of one or the other should be included weekly. I would be willing to bet those guys who trained with Louise Simmons didn't stop doing power cleans.
    I rep back.
    CSCS by the NSCA