ashexdi22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Upset Stomach w/ Protein Powder!

I was using Body Fortress from Wal-Mart for about 3 months and never got an upset stomach. Then I moved out of state and tried EAS as well as Phase 8 and both have given me bad stomach pain w/ cramping . Decided to go back to my original powder but that too gave me stomach cramps but I'm baffled now because I was using that one for a while and nothing!! Any idea why suddenly I'm unable to use protein powder?! Please help... thank u!

Registered User jacobhrobertson's Avatar
    jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jacobhrobertson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Body Fortress gave me horrible cramps and bloating, but higher quality stuff didn't. I would try something from ON or Dymatize if you want to stay on a budget but need the extra protein. Their stuff is high quality, and you get what you pay for. Phase8 is great too.
    rep back 100+, leave a link.
    100 pounds lost crew.

August 2012: 360+ lbs.

Current: 239 lbs.

jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10) jsasala is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As you get older, it is possible to develop lactose issues. This happened to me, and whey protein concentrates can be very hard on your stomach. Try taking a whey protein isolate and see how it affects your stomach.

nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nugget5 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP I suggest you check out these proteins and see if they give you the same GI distress:
    PROnom
    SRO/Syngex
    Ultra Peptide 2.0
    Hexapro/Isoflex
    Fck your "Company rep rule violation"

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jsasala View Post
    As you get older, it is possible to develop lactose issues. This happened to me, and whey protein concentrates can be very hard on your stomach. Try taking a whey protein isolate and see how it affects your stomach.
    This is one possible solution. You can also try out a dairy-free protein such as SAN rawfusion, which is various plant proteins.

drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ashexdi22 View Post
    I was using Body Fortress from Wal-Mart for about 3 months and never got an upset stomach. Then I moved out of state and tried EAS as well as Phase 8 and both have given me bad stomach pain w/ cramping . Decided to go back to my original powder but that too gave me stomach cramps but I'm baffled now because I was using that one for a while and nothing!! Any idea why suddenly I'm unable to use protein powder?! Please help... thank u!
    I had to give it some time and lower the amount I would take. I was taking 4 or 5 shakes a day. Now I am 2 or 3. My body got used to it. The quality of protein didnt matter for me. I could spend more and still get terrible gas. It isnt something people seem to talk about much. But in my experience too much protein= unbelievable things!

nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nooblifter93 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I usually have the same issues when I start taking a new protein or taking a protein shake if I haven't in a while. I'll also usually feel sick to my stomach if I drink it too fast. My body usually adjusts after a while. Could be lactose issues as other people have mentioned as well

brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) brazilianbadboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe an isolate protein?
    Army Veteran, OEF.

jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jabmaster2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try an isolate or a higher quality brand
    Team VPX Sports Rep
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vpx/vpx.htm

"FREE" White Heat Samples email: samples@vpxsports.com

Ever used a VPX product? Show us your in-store review and win!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158726173&page=4

Instagram: jabmaster2

OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50) OptimumBody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ashexdi22 View Post
    Try mixing with a different solvent. Avoid Milk.
    I have had some abdominal discomforts with some protein supplements in the past. For two or three of them, mixing with water instead of milk solved the problem or atleast reduce the discomfort.
    Changing your protein supplement can solve your problem. Avoid cheap protein supplements and look for better quality ones.

ashexdi22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys, perhaps I will try dairy-free protein and/or isolate. I like the idea of substituting milk with water too!

stevegainer1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Phase8 / no-explode

I've tried phase 8 protein. it kicked my butt. i had terrible gas and awful pain in my digestive system. it took 15 day to recover as well with the no-xplode pre workout .first scoop .had a panic attack and then had that terrible stomach pain .I'll never gonna take it again.