jcarrasco53 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macros while trying to lose fat

Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to lose fat and maintain as much of my muscle mass as possible. Well, my question is, how will my macros change (increase/decrease) as compared to when I'm focused on getting bigger and bulking?

By the way, I'm currently 6'-0", 239 Lbs and I'm trying to get down to at least 220 Lbs by November 10th so I have a little over 3 months to do this.

aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aegluc has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jcarrasco53 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm currently trying to lose fat and maintain as much of my muscle mass as possible. Well, my question is, how will my macros change (increase/decrease) as compared to when I'm focused on getting bigger and bulking?

By the way, I'm currently 6'-0", 239 Lbs and I'm trying to get down to at least 220 Lbs by November 10th so I have a little over 3 months to do this.
    Well to lose weight you have to eat less. I would suggest compute your maintenance and then drop 10-20% calories. Take it slowly don't drop too much in one shot..
    In terms of macros, to maintain muscle mass you want to make sure you get enough protein. In general you want to aim for 1-1.25g per pound. After that make sure you get about 0.5 g fat per pound of LBM. After computing protein and fat( the most important macros) ..fill the rest with carbs to fuel your workouts !

For more info check the stickies in the nutrition section. Very helpful and detailed

PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PensMysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Diet is key in most situations...Keep eating a gram of protein per body weight...A cup or half a cup of carbs in every meal for energy....If you are trying to lose weight than do 20 minutes of cardio minimum after every training session you have....If you need more help let me know
    Clear your mind when Lifting.... Put your brain on autopilot and soon those 21 reps will be over...

justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    -Fats are actually .4 x bodyweight
    -Protein isactually .82 x bodyweight
    - You do NOT need to "fill the rest with carbs to fuel your workout" carbs are personal preference jsut like cardio.
    - Once hitting your minimums in fats and proteins make sure you are micro/fibre sufficient and remaming calories go to any macro/macros of your choice.
    -Once minimums are hit do not forget to fit in some ice cream in your diet.

Originally Posted by aegluc View Post
    Well to lose weight you have to eat less. I would suggest compute your maintenance and then drop 10-20% calories. Take it slowly don't drop too much in one shot..
    In terms of macros, to maintain muscle mass you want to make sure you get enough protein. In general you want to aim for 1-1.25g per pound. After that make sure you get about 0.5 g fat per pound of LBM. After computing protein and fat( the most important macros) ..fill the rest with carbs to fuel your workouts !

For more info check the stickies in the nutrition section. Very helpful and detailed

justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why are you giving incorrect information to the OP?

OP please disregard post # 3
    Originally Posted by PensMysique View Post
    Diet is key in most situations...Keep eating a gram of protein per body weight...A cup or half a cup of carbs in every meal for energy....If you are trying to lose weight than do 20 minutes of cardio minimum after every training session you have....If you need more help let me know

riverjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riverjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riverjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riverjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riverjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riverjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riverjay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

I keep my macros the same. The only thing that changes is my caloric intake (deficit vs surplus)
    Follow me on Instagram @riverjfit

Well thanks guys, I'll make sure to keep my protein intake high and consume a good amount of fats.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I keep my protein and fat pretty much the same, maybe a little more protein but not much. I vary the carb intake to vary the cal intake.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Well thanks guys, I'll make sure to keep my protein intake high and consume a good amount of fats.
    u dont need to keep it high. please re read post number 4

Originally Posted by justin0202 View Post
    u dont need to keep it high. please re read post number 4
    Ok then, I'll just keep it at what post 4 says. Which is only a little less than what I already take

Ok then, I'll just keep it at what post 4 says. Which is only a little less than what I already take
    One day you could hit only minimums of fats and protein and load up on carbs and then the next day u want a bunch of extra peanuts and an extra steak so your carb counts low. U can change it up so u don't get bored. And remember to eat ice cream!

One day you could hit only minimums of fats and protein and load up on carbs and then the next day u want a bunch of extra peanuts and an extra steak so your carb counts low. U can change it up so u don't get bored. And remember to eat ice cream!
    Why ice cream? For the carbs and fats? Cause I can get started on that right now, haha

tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tara19 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And remember to eat ice cream!
    This ^^^^
    Would rep,
    On spread.

mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50) mayaib will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why ice cream? For the carbs and fats? Cause I can get started on that right now, haha
    think he's referring to the iifym(if it fits your macros) method. eat good food everyday and if theres enough cals left for your daily intake you can fit any kind of food just dont go crazy. like ice cream but i say if u do this just be wise on your consumption bro

Originally Posted by mayaib View Post
    think he's referring to the iifym(if it fits your macros) method. eat good food everyday and if theres enough cals left for your daily intake you can fit any kind of food just dont go crazy. like ice cream but i say if u do this just be wise on your consumption bro
    Oh, that makes more sense, haha. Thanks for the help guys