Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 3702
    postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000) postman123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good job keeping those knees nice and wide on those BBB squat sets. If only keeping good form when the bar is loaded were as easy <---- looking at myself here.

Enjoy the rest of your deload week mate.
    "It is a mind game, I'm going to win." - EjnarKolinkar

QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Shoulders and arms are looking big and defined in the Vid Flounder - The bulk and now cut is working my friend.

I will be back challenging you soon buddy...
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156655123

Chin up challenge http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159587911

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cheers all. Am on tablet so can't multiquote and so won't attempt to reply to you all, but support very much appreciated as ever.

Deload week continues. For me the best thing about reload week is that I hate it. I am desperate to lift heavy again by the Tuesday. Now I am just itching to get back to the real work next cycle on Monday. That feeling is a pretty valuable one I reckon. It means i bring everything to the party next cycle.

Having said that, this morning was deadz, and to be honest it didn't feel much like a deload!

All lifts done DOH, no chalk, from the deficit platform.

Warmups

5 x 70kg (154lb)
    5 x 90kg (198lb)
    3 x 110kg (242lb)

BBB
    5 x 10 x 90kg (198lb) deficits

I did all of these with a full reset. Was pleased to finish them all DOH, though needed decent breaks between sets. They felt pretty tough tbh!

accessory stuff

L-sit ring holds
    3 x ALAP

Skin the cats
    3 x 3 (grip was a bit weak)

Few v sit floor holds

Done. Bring on the next cycle!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good job sticking with the plan Flounder.

No dragging that body into next deload due to max attempts or crazy stuff.

Pepper thyself for PR city next cycle.

Can't weight.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Water Heater in Training lochinvar76's Avatar
    lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    A full day of deads done DOH and from a deficit. That's some solid work right there. So, how much longer before we start seeing human flag videos from you? :P
    When life hands you lemons... ask for something higher in protein.

The weight is a hammer and the bench an anvil. That which happens between both forms and shapes us, showing our true mettle.

My Lifting Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165860431

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm looking forward to my deload week....I know how hard it is for ya Flounder to do these deload weeks....great job taking the foot off the pedal....ok....what's DOH mean.....I hate acronyms.....
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    deload week

fully relate to the way you feel about them
    sure they are good for you, sure they help recovery and sure smarter people than me, built them into programmes for very good reasons

having said that
    lifting heavy things is more fun, than lifting lighter things

on the positive side
    your deload will still be heavier than my PRs
    so enjoy the break from the hard graft while it lasts
    ☻/
    / \

piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) piperdown is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    deload week

sure they are good for you, sure they help recovery and sure smarter people than me, built them into programmes for very good reasons

having said that

on the positive side
    Have to agree with Steve, your deloads are heavier than my working sets.
    Been a bit out of it but some solid progression ITT.

QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) QuickDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Deload week continues. For me the best thing about reload week is that I hate it. I am desperate to lift heavy again by the Tuesday. Now I am just itching to get back to the real work next cycle on Monday. That feeling is a pretty valuable one I reckon. It means i bring everything to the party next cycle.
    No that feeling well F - I'm always itching to get back after a few days...Even worse at the moment!

OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    All still going very well in here.

Trust me, scrawny is something you will never be again, no matter how far down you go down the rabbit hole.
    Lift heavy things, eat according to your goals.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's with the deloads around here. My 4th journal today with a deload. Well, good luck and enjoy the "time off"
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by postman123 View Post
    Good job keeping those knees nice and wide on those BBB squat sets. If only keeping good form when the bar is loaded were as easy <---- looking at myself here.
    Enjoy the rest of your deload week mate.
    I thought of this post in the gym this morning . Workout on the whey...

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Good job sticking with the plan Flounder.
    No dragging that body into next deload due to max attempts or crazy stuff. ; )
    Pepper thyself for PR city next cycle.
    Can't weight.
    No I had a thoroughly sensible deload in the gym last week. Though at the weekend I did have to shift a couple of bales of hay on my own. Unfortunately they weighed 500kg each... That was quite hard work...

Originally Posted by lochinvar76 View Post
    A full day of deads done DOH and from a deficit. That's some solid work right there. So, how much longer before we start seeing human flag videos from you? :P
    I have resolved to start human flags the very day that I hit a BW OHP. Until then, I just don't think I have the requisite strength in my shoulders. But I would really like to do them, for sure. Awesome test of strength and coordination.

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    I'm looking forward to my deload week....I know how hard it is for ya Flounder to do these deload weeks....great job taking the foot off the pedal....ok....what's DOH mean.....I hate acronyms.....
    You've earned your deload week for sure Ron. Sorry - DOH - Double Overhand

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    deload week
    having said that
    on the positive side
    Thanks Steve. The further I get along the road, the more I realise just how futile it is trying to take short cuts.

Originally Posted by piperdown View Post
    Have to agree with Steve, your deloads are heavier than my working sets.
    Been a bit out of it but some solid progression ITT.
    Cheers piper! Good to see you back, and thanks for popping by.

Originally Posted by QuickDad View Post
    No that feeling well F - I'm always itching to get back after a few days...Even worse at the moment!
    I was gagging to get back in the gym yesterday. It's a good feeling. Hope the back is getting there slowly QD.

Originally Posted by OzChops View Post
    All still going very well in here.
    Trust me, scrawny is something you will never be again, no matter how far down you go down the rabbit hole.
    Hah - I'm wasting away on this cut, I kid you not!

Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    What's with the deloads around here. My 4th journal today with a deload. Well, good luck and enjoy the "time off"
    Deload over PM - just slow catching up with the journal - work still pretty mental.
    ☻/
    / \

Double Work-out write-up

The Floundercut
    The Floundercut continues, and TBH I am getting pretty bored of turning down delicious food. Would kill for a bowl of Ben & Jerry's. On the plus side, the weight is still falling off. Down to 81.1kg (179lb) this morning (from a high of 190). I can see a bit more definition around the gut. But not enough. I do worry that I am going to drop another 10lb and just be back where I started.

Was desperate to get back in the gym after a week of deload. Work still manic, so didn't get a chance to write this up yesterday.

Bench Press Day

Cycle 5/Week 1

Warm-ups

5 x 40kg (88lb)
    5 x 50kg (110lb)
    3 x 60kg (132lb)

Working sets

5 x 65kg (143lb)
    5 x 75kg (165lb)
    5+ x 85kg (187lb). Was aiming for 10. Got 8. A small improvement on the last few weeks, but TBH BP is getting depressing. I was pretty much here at the start of cycle 2.
    I took a vid, but then deleted it by mistake because I got a new phone and wiped my old one to trade it in.

BBB

5 x 10 x 60kg (132lb). Meh.
    Supersetted with Ring pull-ups

Accessories

Ring pullups
    5 x 5 (BW+2.5kg)

Ring inverted rows
    5 x 8 (BW+5kg)

Cliffs

One day I will have a decent bench. Until then, I don't have a decent bench.

Squat Day
    Cycle 5/Week 1

Hoping to bring forward the good form on my deload week to the party at the start of the new cycle.

Warm-ups

5 x 60kg (132lb)
    5 x 70kg (154lb)
    3 x 77.5kg (171lb)

Working sets

5 x 82.5kg (182lb)
    5 x 95kg (209lb). WTF?! Knees started badly collapsing in even at this weight, and despite my best efforts to get the floor spreading cues going.

Did not bode well for my + set, and my fears were realised.

5+ x 107.5kg (237lb). Made 8, but most reps were shocking, and the last rep was a horror show.

I guess I am going to have to reset all over again. FUAAARRRRRKKKK

Fecking squats

BBB

Did all my BBB with uberwide stance.

5 x 10 x 65kg (143lb). Meh. Fecking squats.

Accessory stuff

SLDLs
    3 x 8 x 70kg (154lb)

L-sit supports
    3 x ALAP

Cliffs

Was excited as hell to get back in the gym. Now just a bit down. Progress seems non-existent. Will come back stronger and harder on Thursday, and then must dominate Deads on Friday to restore pride.

Lesson from the week. YOU ARE A PUSSY. STOP BEING A FECKING PUSSY.
    ☻/
    / \

geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000) geek23ka is a name known to all. (+5000)
    one thing i've learned from jeff

when you cut, your strength *appears* to have diminished, but it comes back FAST after you start eating at maintenance again. keep that in mind. i doubt that you will go back to where you started. i dont know how fast you are losing, but as long as you arent losing more than 2 lbs a week on the regular, you won't have as much of a strength decline as you think.

also, you and i have the same damn issues with squats!! and your deadlift is huge compared to squat, like me, too. ain't it a bitch? all i can do is sympathize. coach has me doing lunges, hip thrusts and glute bridges. i have seen some improvement, but my issue was a leg strength discrepancy as well as not activating the glutes and hamstrings. my heavy squats are all back. my back takes over for my weak glutes. (and whoda thunk an ass as big as mine would be weak as fark? lol)

You don't need a reset flounder you just need to work on form and push through. I'm on the phone so can't see the vid but we're usually far too critical of our own form.

I know it's frustrating at times but You're still exceeding your + targets, even after quickly losing 11lb.

OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) OzChops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The Floundercut
    The Floundercut continues, and TBH I am getting pretty bored of turning down delicious food. Would kill for a bowl of Ben & Jerry's. On the plus side, the weight is still falling off. Down to 81.1kg (179lb) this morning (from a high of 190). I can see a bit more definition around the gut. But not enough. I do worry that I am going to drop another 10lb and just be back where I started.
    I know what you mean about turning down delicious food.

As for "back where you started", this is where the pictures come in.
    Peel off that "another 10lb" and take pics, put them side by side with the ones at that weight before. You'll see just how far away from "back where you started" you are.
    You added 20lbs lean in a year mate. There's simply no hiding that when you are at the same weight again - it will be night and day.
    Lift heavy things, eat according to your goals.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Right. I have come to the conclusion that.

A. You can actually pick dandelions with the crack of your arse if you were squatting in a field with 117 feking kilo on your back.

B. You are a secret gangsa rapper that makes all his money from pimpin hoes.

C. You are not giving yourself enough justice with your progression.

D. You are looking for excuses to go and pull a 200kilo dreadlift.

E. You are simply overcomplicating the fact that you squatted ATG and lifted the bar back up.
    (You are not expected to get perfect form on a plus set. Form will obviously break down as you go for broke with this set)

F. There was relatively nothing much to actually say that was wrong with the 95kilo set.

G. Your cataracts need sorting because I can bet my left nut that you are in much better shape than the wet kitten on the beach back in the day.

H. Is for Harry. He enjoyed the music.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What felt so bad about those squats? You were genuinely getting deep, you had good speed down and strong drive up. The last rep was more of a grind with a little forward lean but by no means a 'Good morning'. You're being hard on yourself and 107.5 x 8 is a great set at a heavy weight.
    And in for the 200 pull tomorrow
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Flounder, nice squatting. You always put it out there which is great. Have you considered going wider with your stance? Just curious.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice work man! Do you do the ring work with a twist? (bulgarian-style) I added that in at it really made the movement interesting and added a whole different feel. Great work brother!
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

Originally Posted by geek23ka View Post
    one thing i've learned from jeff
    when you cut, your strength *appears* to have diminished, but it comes back FAST after you start eating at maintenance again. keep that in mind. i doubt that you will go back to where you started. i dont know how fast you are losing, but as long as you arent losing more than 2 lbs a week on the regular, you won't have as much of a strength decline as you think.
    also, you and i have the same damn issues with squats!! and your deadlift is huge compared to squat, like me, too. ain't it a bitch? all i can do is sympathize. coach has me doing lunges, hip thrusts and glute bridges. i have seen some improvement, but my issue was a leg strength discrepancy as well as not activating the glutes and hamstrings. my heavy squats are all back. my back takes over for my weak glutes. (and whoda thunk an ass as big as mine would be weak as fark? lol)
    All quality stuff geek, thanks.
    I refuse to blame the cut. If my deadlift is still moving (and it seems to be), then it is my technique and my head. I was thinking about accessories after that session, and funnily enough I had concluded that maybe lunges would help with getting a more stable squatty platform. My leg accessories have been a bit hit and miss recently, so I am definitely going to introduce them I think. As for hip thrusts and glute bridges, brb googling...

Originally Posted by QuickDad View Post
    You don't need a reset flounder you just need to work on form and push through. I'm on the phone so can't see the vid but we're usually far too critical of our own form.
    I know it's frustrating at times but You're still exceeding your + targets, even after quickly losing 11lb.
    Hmm, I'm not sure QD. There comes a point where we are just reinforcing chitty technique. Will try and push through for now, but I'm worried that ego may be taken a front seat (and grabbing the wheel).

Originally Posted by OzChops View Post
    I know what you mean about turning down delicious food.

As for "back where you started", this is where the pictures come in.
    Peel off that "another 10lb" and take pics, put them side by side with the ones at that weight before. You'll see just how far away from "back where you started" you are.
    You added 20lbs lean in a year mate. There's simply no hiding that when you are at the same weight again - it will be night and day.
    Cheers Oz. Yes will let the pics be the judge in due course. The 20b of lean mass I thought I had put on was based on not having seen a huge change in BF. The deeper I get into this cut, the more I realise that I must have put on quite a lot of flab along with the extra muscle. It didn't look like much, but I suspect most of it was VAT so didn't really show. Anyway, I know I have packed on some real muscle, so I will see where I get to1

Right. I have come to the conclusion that.

A. You can actually pick dandelions with the crack of your arse if you were squatting in a field with 117 feking kilo on your back.
    I think this is a good thing. Is this a good thing?

B. You are a secret gangsta rapper that makes all his money from pimpin hoes.
    Damn, you've got me.

C. You are not giving yourself enough justice with your progression.
    Thanks DNG. I am hugely self-critical. Its what gets me up in the morning.

D. You are looking for excuses to go and pull a 200kilo dreadlift.
    LOL - would love to have a pop. But have promised not to do any singles. And John would get cross.

E. You are simply overcomplicating the fact that you squatted ATG and lifted the bar back up.
    (You are not expected to get perfect form on a plus set. Form will obviously break down as you go for broke with this set)
    Well I guess, but there are limits...

F. There was relatively nothing much to actually say that was wrong with the 95kilo set.
    Thanks DNG. Maybe it just felt worse than it was.

G. Your cataracts need sorting because I can bet my left nut that you are in much better shape than the wet kitten on the beach back in the day.
    It's a fair one

H. Is for Harry. He enjoyed the music.
    Harry looks like a pretty chill dude. I reckon he is going to be hanging his arm out of a lowrider pretty soon and cruising the streets of Newcastle checking out the laydeez...

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    What felt so bad about those squats? You were genuinely getting deep, you had good speed down and strong drive up. The last rep was more of a grind with a little forward lean but by no means a 'Good morning'. You're being hard on yourself and 107.5 x 8 is a great set at a heavy weight.
    And in for the 200 pull tomorrow
    Thanks Andrew - I'm surprised by that - normally you don't pull your punches on form, and I truly thought it was shambolic. I am definitely a lot deeper than I used to be. Will push on for a bit and try and polish it up a bit. As above I have promised no heavy singles for a while on deads. Friday is 5+ at 155kg though. Wasn't so long ago that that was my 1RM.

Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    Flounder, nice squatting. You always put it out there which is great. Have you considered going wider with your stance? Just curious.
    Ninja. I watched that video a couple of times, and every time I did I thought to myself that I might be better off starting with my feet about 3-4 inches further apart. I guess the reason I start narrow is because I am trying to get my knees to track outside my feet, and I feel that will be easier with narrow feet. But that may be garbage. I am definitely going to try a bit wider next week and see if I can't find a sweet spot. Cheers PM.

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Nice work man! Do you do the ring work with a twist? (bulgarian-style) I added that in at it really made the movement interesting and added a whole different feel. Great work brother!
    TBH, I've no idea! Will have to look up Bulgarian style and compare it. I think I just keep the rings straight, but may experiment with a twist as I get better at it!
    ☻/
    / \

Rest day today. OHP tomorrow, and looking for a little bit of boom.
    ☻/
    / \

ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ilovethe80s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I feel your pain with the squat tech. As far as the knee cave, I think the glute bridges and hip thrusts are on the right track, and hanging out in the hole a little while might give yourself time to cue your knees out before instinct takes over.

179! Congrats! You're doing great on your cut.
    Last edited by ilovethe80s; 04-16-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    CSCS

845@132 | Wilks 429.55
    Meet lifts : Squat 275 | Bench 170 | Dead 400

Journal : http://tinyurl.com/80s-lifting-journal

mom to 3 boys / spend my life at grocery store crew

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So a hockey player huh? Canadian checking in

I was scanning the last couple pages of your journal the other day at work but had never gotten around to the OP. I like your transformation story. I quit smoking 8 years ago when my first daughter was born and promptly went on to run a half marathon on a dare from a buddy (who didn't bother joining me) That was the start of my bro-science journey. Not quite the same as climbing a freakin' mountain but it was pretty tough lol

In.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Was desperate to get back in the gym after a week of deload.
    .......which is one of the big benefits of taking a short break from heavy lifting.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ilovethe80s View Post
    I feel your pain with the squat tech. As far as the knee cave, I think the glute bridges and hip thrusts are on the right track, and hanging out in the hole a little while might give yourself time to cue your knees out before instinct takes over.

This here ^^^ James!

No need to toss the baby with the bath water (reset yet again). Your squats looked ok from these Irish eyes. Your mind knows what to do it's just training the muscles to listen, and that comes from squatting The 5x10 sets are an excellent opportunity to "hammer" in those cues.

Nice work on the diet (sorry refuse to call it a cut). You keep going and you'll fit into that bikini for the summer

☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^ This the 5X10 is a great place to work on technique.....Yes you are amazingly hard on yourself.....it's one of the reason you've made it this far......
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat

Originally Posted by ilovethe80s View Post
    Yes but at least I don't have actual pain to contend with Laura. I feel for you with all your current hip issues while squatting...
    But thanks, and glute bridges and hip bridges are IN.

For anyone like me who had no idea what they were...
    Glute bridge

Hip thrust

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    So a hockey player huh? Canadian checking in
    I was scanning the last couple pages of your journal the other day at work but had never gotten around to the OP. I like your transformation story. I quit smoking 8 years ago when my first daughter was born and promptly went on to run a half marathon on a dare from a buddy (who didn't bother joining me) That was the start of my bro-science journey. Not quite the same as climbing a freakin' mountain but it was pretty tough lol
    In.
    Welcome aboard Mirror. The guy who smoked just seems like a different person now TBH. I had given up a few times before and always wanted to smoke. This time it simply doesn't cross my mind any more. Never again, and thank goodness. Oh, and if you're Canadian, than the hockey isn't the real kind as far as you're concerned... .

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    .......which is one of the big benefits of taking a short break from heavy lifting.
    Yep, the benefit of being mentally refreshed and raring to go is at least as much as the physical benefit I suspect... I'm learning slowly!

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    This here ^^^ James!
    No need to toss the baby with the bath water (reset yet again). Your squats looked ok from these Irish eyes. Your mind knows what to do it's just training the muscles to listen, and that comes from squatting The 5x10 sets are an excellent opportunity to "hammer" in those cues.
    Nice work on the diet (sorry refuse to call it a cut). You keep going and you'll fit into that bikini for the summer
    Hey thanks for checking in John - I know you have a lot going on. I appreciate the input. I now have a series of people who I admire and respect telling me to press on, so that is what I will do.

The prescription for this patient is:

1. Do more squats paused in the hole;
    2. Do some glute shenanigans to get the Flounderbutt firing up;
    3. Lift more, whinge less.

Got it.
    ☻/
    / \

Originally Posted by RT1957 View Post
    ^^^^ This the 5X10 is a great place to work on technique.....Yes you are amazingly hard on yourself.....it's one of the reason you've made it this far......
    Ninja post. Cheers Ron!
    ☻/
    / \

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Welcome aboard Mirror. The guy who smoked just seems like a different person now TBH. I had given up a few times before and always wanted to smoke. This time it simply doesn't cross my mind any more. Never again, and thank goodness. Oh, and if you're Canadian, than the hockey isn't the real kind as far as you're concerned... .

Ah got it, kind of like the whole football thing

I have some family in Liverpool (if I can use that word in here) and didn't think there was much in the way of ice hockey over there. Floor, grass, ice whatever, it's a great game.

Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast