Closed Thread
    Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How are these lollies nutritionally?

They sell these things over here called "Jols" which are described as "sugar free pastilles". They're like tough gummy things with a nice fruit flavour. Supposedly they're extremely low calorie, sugar free and high in fibre. It sounds a little too-good-to-be-true though. What do you guys think about it?

Note: In Australia they aren't allowed to round of calories or nutrients, all the numbers must be given to the nearest decimal place.

Serving size: 1 pack

Energy: 237kj (57kcal)
    Protein: <1g
    Fat: <0.5g
    Carbs: <1g
    Sugars: <0.2g
    Polyols: 11.7g
    Dietary fibre: 9.5g
    Sodium: <5mg

Ingredients: Sweetener (E420 (39%), E965 (7.5%)), vegetable gum (gum acacia), acidity regulator (E330), humectant (E422), antioxidant (E300), natural flavours, sweetener (E951, E950), colour (E163), raspberry fruit juice concentrate (0.1%), essential oil.

It sounds pretty good for a gummy snack. Too good to be true, really. Anyone have any opinions?

No anti-artificial sweetener garbage. Take your unscientific hippie crap elsewhere.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Looks like a low calorie chemical concoction, that I would very much enjoy eating. In other words, if you want it, go for it, everything in moderation, and if you are getting sufficient nutrients within the rest of your diet, there is no need for you to worry about a lolly here and there.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vekta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My diet otherwise is great. Heaps of fresh vegetables, lean meats, complex carbs and good fats. Calories 500 < maintenance atm for my cut.

The thing that makes me suspicious about these is the dietary fibre count. That's like a bowel of bran flakes worth of fibre. Where's all that fibre coming from? Is it fibre your body can actually make use of for digestion? Things here don't specify insoluble from soluble fibres.

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Don't eat too many or you will get stomach pains from the fake sugar stuff in it! Its horrible pain and takes ages to go away.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Vekta View Post
    My diet otherwise is great. Heaps of fresh vegetables, lean meats, complex carbs and good fats. Calories 500 < maintenance atm for my cut.

The thing that makes me suspicious about these is the dietary fibre count. That's like a bowel of bran flakes worth of fibre. Where's all that fibre coming from? Is it fibre your body can actually make use of for digestion? Things here don't specify insoluble from soluble fibres.
    Its just a 57cal lolly dude, if its going to bother you that much avoid them.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Its just a 57cal lolly dude, if its going to bother you that much avoid them.
    No that's not my concern. I mainly want to know if they're frauding about the fibre content.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No that's not my concern. I mainly want to know if they're frauding about the fibre content.
    They are different fibre - the same as in most sugar free products. Excess consumption gives most people stomach pains

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mericans be all like "wtf are lollies?"
    Delirious Mutant.

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    They are different fibre - the same as in most sugar free products. Excess consumption gives most people stomach pains
    That's what I thought. The sound of low calorie lollies with 10g of fibre intrigued me but I figured it wasn't useful or healthy fibre for the body. Thanks

Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lauren1987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by necon76 View Post
    Mericans be all like "wtf are lollies?"
    Lollies in the UK are frozen ice / ice creams on sticks I googled Jols to see what they looked like, they would just be called sweets over here.
    The fibre comes from the acacia gum.

I sent some sweets over to America recently, warped my friends brain with how pale but tasty the sweets were Artificial colours/flavours aren't allowed in the UK.
    Going for gold :)

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They sell these things over here called "Jols" which are described as "sugar free pastilles"...

Ingredients: Sweetener (E420 (39%), E965 (7.5%)), vegetable gum (gum acacia), acidity regulator (E330), humectant (E422), antioxidant (E300), natural flavours, sweetener (E951, E950), colour (E163), raspberry fruit juice concentrate (0.1%), essential oil.
    This is a perfect example of what is wrong with "diet" food products and the mentality of weight loss these days.

Why not just have some premium ice cream, some fruit, some chocolate milk, some berries or something else?

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    This is a perfect example of what is wrong with "diet" food products and the mentality of weight loss these days.

Why not just have some premium ice cream, some fruit, some chocolate milk, some berries or something else?
    Ice Cream - lots of fat (calories) and not filling
    Fruit - Pretty much every fruit is at least 100cal per serving. This packet is only 60.
    Chocolate milk - I hate chocolate, unnecessary sugar calories and milk isn't filling
    Berries - same as fruit above

Processed, manufactured diet foods shouldn't make up the staple of a diet but they can be excellent tools to subdue base urges while keeping calories low. Sugar alcohols are fine when used in moderation and artificial sweeteners are absolutely fine. It's been proven with science. Everything else about these is pretty much identical to regular "sweets". Don't see what your problem is.

Learn from your mistakes lucidz's Avatar
    lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lucidz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post

On a cut?
    Its not how strong you are, its how good your aim is from 500 yards.

lynxGuit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They sell these things over here called "Jols" which are described as "sugar free pastilles". They're like tough gummy things with a nice fruit flavour. Supposedly they're extremely low calorie, sugar free and high in fibre. It sounds a little too-good-to-be-true though. What do you guys think about it?

Note: In Australia they aren't allowed to round of calories or nutrients, all the numbers must be given to the nearest decimal place.
    Serving size: 1 pack
    Energy: 237kj (57kcal)
    Protein: <1g
    Fat: <0.5g
    Carbs: <1g
    Sugars: <0.2g
    Polyols: 11.7g
    Dietary fibre: 9.5g
    Sodium: <5mg

It sounds pretty good for a gummy snack. Too good to be true, really. Anyone have any opinions?

No anti-artificial sweetener garbage. Take your unscientific hippie crap elsewhere.
    Hate to say it but I've been researching these little lollies and so many others and the only way to say it is; I'd have to get into hippie crap to give the answer you want, but you don't want to hear it, so I won't go on. Except to say I need a tasty lozenge, and these are the safest. The fiber might be from grape skins. Good stuff! They don't bite doubt they'd bother a bodybuilder, I do hippie crap yoga and pilates, no problems here, have been sucking these "lollies" for years, the sugar alcohols started to freak me out in theory. Be strong.
    Last edited by lynxGuit; 11-23-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lynxGuit View Post
    Hate to say it but I've been researching these little lollies and so many others and the only way to say it is; I'd have to get into hippie crap to give the answer you want, but you don't want to hear it, so I won't go on. Except to say I need a tasty lozenge, and these are the safest. The fiber might be from grape skins. Good stuff! They don't bite doubt they'd bother a bodybuilder, I do hippie crap yoga and pilates, no problems here, have been sucking these "lollies" for years, the sugar alcohols started to freak me out in theory. Be strong.
    Strong bump to sucking ratio.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AndrewRoach97 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    JOLS get their fibre from refined acacia gum which is a naturally occurring substance from the acacia tree. Since acacia gum isn't broken down by the digestive enzymes we have in our stomach, it is considered a soluble dietary fibre. So thats where all the fibre comes from, its refined from a tree.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Thread was posted in the Jurassic Period.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733