Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000)

earth as seen from Saturn. (PICS)(neat.jpg)(astronomy)

NASA recently released this picture. its taken by Cassini. for the unawares, Cassini is a spacecraft sent to Saturn in 1997 and it went into orbit around Saturn in 2004, after travelling a distance of 1.5 BILLION KM.

this is just beautiful, my new favourite astronomy pic. just imagine, we are on that little spot. humanity has come so far and yet look at what we are upto on earth lulz. if only we directed our resources towards more meaningful endeavours like this.

MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I motion that every time someone uses (pics)(neat.jpg) that they give seemsbrah a royalty of 1 rep... that is all
    <3 RAINBOW ZUMBA <3

*Horse Head Crew*

Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kebz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Habs | Eagles | Lakers | AC Milan

*QC Crew*
    *Mediterranean Master Race Crew*

so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) so far away is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In all the pictures taken from space it looks like they were created on a computer.

still is neat.jpg though

Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Googooly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's incredible that soooo many *******s are on that tiny tiny dot miscing away talking how incredible our universe is.

hehe.
    <3 Deephouse <3

avi/stats are outdated NickTammerine's Avatar
    NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ybbb View Post
    NASA recently released this picture. its taken by Cassini. for the unawares, Cassini is a spacecraft sent to Saturn in 1997 and it went into orbit around Saturn in 2004, after travelling a distance of 1.5 BILLION KM.

this is just beautiful, my new favourite astronomy pic. just imagine, we are on that little spot. humanity has come so far and yet look at what we are upto on earth lulz. if only we directed our resources towards more meaningful endeavours like this.

[img]http://bigbangpage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/20130722_annotated_earth-moon_from_saturn_1920x1080_1.jpg[img]
    blasting a billion dollars (not sure on actual cost, but you get the idea) literally into space to take a picture of what looks like a star? yeah really meaningful allocation of resources (not srs). If something meaningful actually comes from this (we find pictures of aliens or some ****), great, but until then, don't refer to this as meaningful. Cool, yes. Neat, yes. Meaningful, lolwut.

Edit: $3.26billion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassini%E2%80%93Huygens
    Always Pick 7 crew

b:295
    s:365
    d:405

[] bulking
    [x] cutting

"Nothing tastes as good as looking good feels."

Quest to rep-altering power

ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000) ybbb is just really nice. (+1000)
    a couple of pics of Saturn from Cassini. but first, heres a pic to show the size of Saturn relative to earth

TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50) TakeItItsYours will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NickTammerine View Post
    blasting a billion dollars (not sure on actual cost, but you get the idea) literally into space to take a picture of what looks like a star? yeah really meaningful allocation of resources (not srs). If something meaningful actually comes from this (we find pictures of aliens or some ****), great, but until then, don't refer to this as meaningful. Cool, yes. Neat, yes. Meaningful, lolwut.

3 billion dollars? fkkkk, could have cured balding with that figure.

NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NickTammerine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TakeItItsYours View Post
    Exactly.
    Always Pick 7 crew

[] bulking
    [x] cutting

you'd rather we spend a TRILLION dollars on war in Iraq? oh wait, we already did that. these pictures and spacecraft, this is how space exploration progresses. we cannot go straight to interplanetary travel can we?

ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ACI has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by so far away View Post
    In all the pictures taken from space it looks like they were created on a computer.

still is neat.jpg though
    Usually the photos from space are black and white, and altered to add colour on a computer. Hence why they always look that way.
    I don't work out to look good, I work out to live longer than my doctors expect me to.

Originally Posted by TakeItItsYours View Post
    Exactly.
    hahaha. im just saying we waste so much money, why not spend a little on this?

you'd rather we spend a TRILLION dollars on war in Iraq? oh wait, we already did that. these pictures and spacecraft, this is how space exploration progresses. we cannot go straight to interplanetary travel can we?
    I put in bold the part of your quote I disagree with and refuted. Please do the same for me. Waaaaaaait a minute, you can't connect my text and your rebuttal because I never once said I'd rather we spend a trillion dollars on a war in Iraq.

Cannot give you a definite answer, as I am in finance not science, but if I had to guess I would say no, we probably cannot go straight to interplanetary travel.

Edit: changed response as I was kind of a dick to you for no reason
    Always Pick 7 crew

[] bulking
    [x] cutting

Oberst General MuskelDiv. Mesah's Avatar
    Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500) Mesah is not very helpful. (-500)

LOOK AT THE FUGGN PIC FERGERTS. LOOK AT IT.

Now think about it: at this little blue point are talibans, racism, hate, war and so on.

lmfao. human need to die. srs.

ONLY MISC SHOULD STAY ALIVE. SRS.

and all animals of course. srs

smells like Hoppe's #9 cavymeister's Avatar
    cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cavymeister is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hahaha. im just saying we waste so much money, why not spend a little on this?
    I didn't see where they said don't waste it on this. They are saying that playing it up like it's solving mankind's problems is a bit over the top.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -AW
    Somebody kill the f'ing whales.
    You can have the sunshine, I will take the moonshine

nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000) nferrier is just really nice. (+1000)

Because spending $1.5 TRILLION on war and killing fellow humans is more important than exploring the solar system, and eventually the galaxy amirite?

EDIT: fuking wizards, I should read the entire thread next time.

DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000) DanBBz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I put in bold the part of your quote I disagree with and refuted. Please do the same for me. Waaaaaaait a minute, you can't connect my text and your rebuttal because I never once said I'd rather we spend a trillion dollars on a war in Iraq.

Cannot give you a definite answer, as I am in finance not science, but if I had to guess I would say no, we probably cannot go straight to interplanetary travel.

you're trying too hard bro. Op has a point you're just rambling/disagreeing for the sake of it

ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000) ClosetMonster is a name known to all. (+5000)

Originally Posted by nferrier View Post
    Because spending $1.5 TRILLION on war and killing fellow humans is more important than exploring the solar system, and eventually the galaxy amirite?

Why are people insinuating that I think spending $1.5 trillion on the war is a good use of funds?
    Always Pick 7 crew

[] bulking
    [x] cutting

torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000) torpstar711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this

anyone who thinks that space/space travel isn't important should get their thumb out of their ass and watch this video

TORN ACL CREW

1100lb+ club member (1rms: 535 DL, 400 SQ) ------------ (225 OHP) ------ (250 Incline B)

basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) basement iron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cross pollination of technology you fu8k wits.

We can't spot reduce problems by dumping money on them. The universe doesn't work that way.

Example: One of the best breast cancer detection tools we have today came DIRECTLY from work done on the Hubble Space Telescope.

Originally Posted by DanBBz View Post
    you're trying too hard bro. Op has a point you're just rambling/disagreeing for the sake of it
    Sorry sir, I will stop now.
    Always Pick 7 crew

[] bulking
    [x] cutting

FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FeFocus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Reminds me of:

Love smoking some green and watching that video.
    "And oh, the marvel of it! the marvel of it! That tiny men should live and breathe and work, and drive so frail a contrivance of wood and cloth through so tremendous an elemental strife!" -Jack London

Clemson Tigers
    Carolina Panthers
    Always pick #2 Crew

monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why is taking pics of Earth from Saturn really considered a meaningful endeavor?
    Redskins | San Antonio Basketball Team | Washington Baseball Team | Washington Hockey Team

*** MISC Cigar Crew ***

i know you didnt say that, i was just giving an example of the money we waste. but i see where youre coming from.

Originally Posted by cavymeister View Post
    I didn't see where they said don't waste it on this. They are saying that playing it up like it's solving mankind's problems is a bit over the top.
    well yes its not gonna solve our problems, but it is beneficial in many ways. Alot of the things and technologies we take for granted are a direct result of space exploration.

Originally Posted by nferrier View Post

lulz

MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000) MrNippers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    blasting a billion dollars (not sure on actual cost, but you get the idea) literally into space to take a picture of what looks like a star?
    Do you have any idea the advances in engineering and the sciences to get a man-made object to the reaches of Saturn AND THEN have it send back a picture to Earth? It wasn't like "well, we did it, we took the picture, now let's forget everything that we've learned and built-upon to get this task done."

You have the mobile phone in your hand thanks largely to the advances made possible by the early space exploration programs.
    <3 RAINBOW ZUMBA <3

*Horse Head Crew*

Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Any high res pics of uranus?
    It is the current year.

OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) OberstGeiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is

srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) srsnotsureif is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We get the majority of our tech from space missions and space exploration.

Im sure cellphones, laptops and all the other nice things we have are a waste too.
    USMC 1371 1999-2003

/\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

~~UPS Driver~~

$$No Fap Crew$$

<**>Yellow Fever Crew: Once you marry Asian...HNNNNGHH<**>

Dodgin' bad drivers since Summer '13 KD UNITE

SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SillyHilly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lol brah, it's doing a lot more than 'taking photos of something which looks like a star'. Read the Wiki you posted yourself in more detail.