Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 6'0", 203 lbs
    BodyPoints: 19788
    EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EdgarAllanPoe has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit EdgarAllanPoe's BodySpace

pelvic hip thrust or bridge okay for pregnant women?

Have a client in the 2nd trimester and for the past month I have done zero exercises lying on her back or on her stomach, but I see so many women doing bridges and hip thrusts for glute strength. I have a studio so I have no seated hamstring curl machines or anything like that.

Limited somewhat to cable hip extensions, jungle gym hip extensions, standing hamstring curls and a few others. I figure doing hip thrusts off the bench would not apply any direct pressure to the low back/glute area so would that be fine? Her balance and everything has been fine although I haven't really challenged it, I believe a swiss ball hip thrust may be too unstable for her as most of what i read encourages me to take away balance challenging exercises from the routine.

Stats: 6'0", 245 lbs
    Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Endevorforever has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Visit Endevorforever's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    Have a client in the 2nd trimester and for the past month I have done zero exercises lying on her back or on her stomach, but I see so many women doing bridges and hip thrusts for glute strength. I have a studio so I have no seated hamstring curl machines or anything like that.

Limited somewhat to cable hip extensions, jungle gym hip extensions, standing hamstring curls and a few others. I figure doing hip thrusts off the bench would not apply any direct pressure to the low back/glute area so would that be fine? Her balance and everything has been fine although I haven't really challenged it, I believe a swiss ball hip thrust may be too unstable for her as most of what i read encourages me to take away balance challenging exercises from the routine.
    Why not do a ball/hack squat or lunges to strengthen the glutes? You could also do a standing hip thrust too.
    NASM (CPT)
    ISSA (CFT)

Stats: 5'5", 127 lbs
    sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) sonti has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit sonti's BodySpace
    Technically, she should not be flat on her back by the 2nd trimester.

These are excellent exercises for postpartum recovery but by-the-book, no, they are not supposed to be done in pregnancy. For glute strength in pregnancies, I found squats and kettlebell swings work best around the growing belly. Simple lunges (keeping a box for balance if needed) also work well.

Stats: 5'9", 152 lbs
    mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000) mastersimons is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit mastersimons's BodySpace
    According to ACSM, all supine exercises should be avoided after the first trimester.
    Josh Simons
    James Madison University 2013
    Kinesiology - Exercise Science
    Personal Trainer, JMU University Recreation

Power Clean: 155 x1
    Bench Press: 265 x1
    Squat: 300 x1