Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I highly recommend BB hip thrusts.
    Quoted for therapeutic reasons.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In a wee defense of the notion that saggy bottoms arent all that easy to either avoid or change...

With many folk the issue isnt so much the muscle although most times thats the start...the size and shape of the glute alters for some reason (being a sloth, deskbound or a human 747) and the skin then adapts. As well the deposition of fat in some can then become a factor and a factor that can be awfully hard to deal with as it often is the last place the fat will leave.

Almost anyone who for example has carried alot of weight around the belly and loses that will have THE BEST abs around but will lamost always have a sagging skin fold.

The problem for some girls and Ive seen this - is the msucle mass is worked on oimplorved and in some cased back to its oriinal dimension but the skin has sagged and having lost its elasticity - not retruned

Now yes....you could continue to try and build the mass to "fill" this in but most, if not all but a handful of women (in the main), wont go to that sort of Jaylo booty build.

Hence the sag will remain despite their efforts to rectify.

Not offered as an excuse but to add to the discussion
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ElderJefferson View Post
    Aside from plastic surgery and what not, I believe the evidence is pretty straightforward that age does play a major part in this "saggy butt" phenomenon. Like I stated earlier, it has to do with your muscle tissue becoming softer. That's not a problem that can be easily fixed.
    Bull$hit bro-science. Coming up on 51 soon and no saggy ass here, and no i'm not posting a pic. All I need is one of our numerous gay posters getting hold of that and my in box will be flooded
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by frozensparky View Post
    Aw come on it was just starting to get good, another 5 pages I think you could have changed a lot of minds. I do however love how your pet peeve of too much arguing is exactly what you were doing instead of posting and sharing actual research which you said was lacking.
    Ha! Good smack down. Chastisement accepted.

Yeah, that's what I get for making sidebar comments without the unction to back it up with online supporting evidence. I wasn't trying to derail the thread, because we all know saggy butts are on our short list of "Things Impacting our Lives the Most". I also appreciate the absence of pics from the brothers.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    bro-science.
    I actually obtained it from watching a program about the aging process on the human body YEARS ago, but I am not about to go diving into any online research when I've already stated that exercise, proper diet, and reduction of stress has been shown to slow/reverse the aging process.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000) leelameema is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lolakitten View Post
    Oh please - saggy butts is not age or child related - the kid grows in your uterus, not in your ass. Get your butt into a squat cage & squat. Do Romanian dead lifts - do them heavy & eat enough for muscle to grow.

"the kid grows in your uterus, not in your ass "

That was tooo funny.

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just for the record, when people mean squats they are talking squatting down to parallel or below. Not the deep knee bends I see 98% of the people I see in gyms do.

Some other suggestions would be:

Stiff leg dead lifts.

Feet high on the leg press with legs shoulder or wider apart, going as far down as possible. None of the partial reps I see 98% of time.

Glute ham raises.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jacquidube123 View Post
    I dont know what has happened lol but my butt looks saggy, its horrible and I need it fixed. Ok age may have something to do with it, but its freaking me out. How do I fix this please and will I be able to. Many Thanks.
    Try these exercises if you don't already.

This one you need to focus on the squeeze at the top

You can go heavy on this one. Make sure you are pushing with your heel.
    https://www.********.com/ChrisHessMensPhysique
    http://www.rxmuscle.com/blogs/the-life-inspiration-and-dedication/8571-when-are-you-ready-for-the-stage.html
    www.twitter.com/portergolf
    www.instagram.com/portergolf

Originally Posted by POrtergolf View Post
    that first video is a good argument for why it's difficult to concentrate in the gym sometimes.

Blaring bad music, guys running around not knowing what's going on, and women doing...those exercises.

Home gym ftw!

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by POrtergolf View Post

This one you need to focus on the squeeze at the top

You can go heavy on this one. Make sure you are pushing with your heel.
    *sigh* - real SLDL & RDL's - why complicate things with silly movements?

that first video is a good argument for why it's difficult to concentrate in the gym sometimes.

Blaring bad music, guys running around not knowing what's going on, and women doing...those exercises.

Home gym ftw!

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    saw lola posted again so I had to come back in, left satisfied
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pull throughs are a good exercise- especially for people w/o a lot of lifting experience. It's an easy way to learn to hinge without putting a lot of stress on the lower back, and the skill will transfer easily to "better" exercises. It looks weird, but I don't care how I look at the gym. The goal is to look better naked- and I'm not naked at the gym.

I don't do pull throughs too much anymore- heavy kettlebell swings are a more intense lift for me, but there not a bad place to start.

I also recommend hip thrusts, reverse hypers, quadruped hip extensions. I do squats and deadlifts, but my glutes needed more direct training, and my squats and deadlifts improved after I started doing these other exercises, so a double win for me.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Agree with SLDLs.

For glutes/hammies I do heavy SLDLs first, then goblet squats, weighted walking lunges, and finish with either barbel glute bridges or cable kickbacks. My butt has definitely improved.

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just came into this thread to say

SQUAT

lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000) lolakitten is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post

SQUAT

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Meat and Potatoes: Squats & Deads of various sorts

Side dish of accessories: BB Hip Thrust, Lunges, Bulgarian split squats, even Cable Pull Through for variety (Nothing quite as entertaining as humping the cable in front of your gym buds!)
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

*sigh* - real SLDL & RDL's - why complicate things with silly movements?
    Because it gives single guys and pervs a good pick-up line:

"Excuse me, ma'am - can I spot you on those?"

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because it gives single guys and pervs a good pick-up line:

"Excuse me, ma'am - can I spot you on those?"
    You ain't got no game.

Op - squats below parallel.

Growing a six pack? ILurkAtWork's Avatar
    ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50) ILurkAtWork will become famous soon enough. (+50)

SQUAT
    I made another thread about this but I'd add that for those of us that are quad dominant squatters box squats are a godsend. My ass didn't grow much when I ran starting strength and a 5x5 for a year with a wide low-bar squat (below parallel). Quads couldn't fit into jeans anymore though. Just started box squatting and for the first time I'm sore in the right places. Highly, highly recommend them.

Definitely would add barbell hip thrusts and maybe Romanian DL's (I don't like the back rounding on the still legged DL's). Once I added those to my workout things started improving quickly.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pull-throughs aren't silly, but I wouldn't recommend them to correct butt sag.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

You ain't got no game.
    I'm married and have grandchildren. My game has morphed into another level...

Originally Posted by ILurkAtWork View Post
    I made another thread about this but I'd add that for those of us that are quad dominant squatters box squats are a godsend. My ass didn't grow much when I ran starting strength and a 5x5 for a year with a wide low-bar squat (below parallel). Quads couldn't fit into jeans anymore though. Just started box squatting and for the first time I'm sore in the right places. Highly, highly recommend them.

Definitely would add barbell hip thrusts and maybe Romanian DL's (I don't like the back rounding on the still legged DL's). Once I added those to my workout things started improving quickly.
    *LOVE* Romanian deadlifts. I have a day for them

*LOVE* Romanian deadlifts. I have a day for them
    Hitting those later today. And I do not like them sam i am.

Hitting those later today. And I do not like them sam i am.
    Why not? Is no one flirting/hitting on you in gym?

Why not? Is no one flirting/hitting on you in gym?
    You kidding? I have a gym in my basement, and my own WIFE won't even hit on me.

Just don't like them. Guess the movement is kind of weird or something (it's like it can't make up it's mind what it is - am I a deadlift, straight leg somethingoranother, or what)

You kidding? I have a gym in my basement, and my own WIFE won't even hit on me.

Just don't like them. Guess the movement is kind of weird or something (it's like it can't make up it's mind what it is - am I a deadlift, straight leg somethingoranother, or what)
    Maybe you are doing them wrong. I find them to be a very satisfying movement. Nothing get's my hams & glutes like RDLs. It feels so..... good

(yes I was kidding, but geez, your wife doesn't hit on you?)

Maybe you are doing them wrong. I find them to be a very satisfying movement. Nothing get's my hams & glutes like RDLs. It feels so..... good
    I actually just corrected my form not too long ago, as I was previously doing them wrong (I was doing like a straightleg/RDL hybrid, at one point literally bending my knees mid-way)

(yes I was kidding, but geez, your wife doesn't hit on you?)
    You kidding me? The only thing I get hit with are flying house shoes...

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm married and have grandchildren. My game has morphed into another level...
    Grandchildren at 39, you must have started early

EDIT: not a dig, that's actually pretty cool. I didn't have my boy till 32

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

Originally Posted by frozensparky View Post
    Grandchildren at 39, you must have started early

EDIT: not a dig, that's actually pretty cool. I didn't have my boy till 32
    Long story. Let's say some kids shun their parents' advice and want to learn the hard way. I love my son, but sometimes...

Long story. Let's say some kids shun their parents' advice and want to learn the hard way. I love my son, but sometimes...
    I think most kids like to learn lessons the hard way some are just luckier than others.