Thread: Iifym

Lexidagostino has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Iifym

Hi my names Lexi, about 6 months ago I started to change my eating habits and I got more and more into working out. I workout on a daily now -- and I don't mind it -- definitely not a project for me. I take c4 sometimes to get a boost. I follow alot of fitness and body building/ beach body competitors on social media.I donnot think my workouts are the problem with why I'm not seeing the results I want. I manage my calories and make sure I do not go over the consumable amount, but I know that's not all there is to it. I'm starting my freshmen year in college and am going to study nutrition & my goal is to be a personal trainer. It's truly my passion. I have gotten into bad habits of guilt, and restricting myself which makes me go insane sometimes lol. I just would like to know how to manage my macros.. I see it everywhere but I've never gotten any feedback of how to do it or what the actual amount I should intake is. Help would be soooooo great! Thank you so much

Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mettadown is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    google iifym (can't post links). Theres a site there with all sorts of calculators and articles. Good place to start.

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i'll tell ya for 50 bucks

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    standard recommendation for macros is as follows:
    Carbs 55%
    Fat 30% (no more than 10% being from saturated fat)
    Protein 15%

These of course are "standard" what in learned in college. Everyones body is different along with their training so their is exceptions. This is a good baseline to start off with and then change it up for a few months to see how you respond.
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress

jayare211 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    at the end of the day is about calories vs. calories out, my personal favorite cutting macros are 40 p 40 c 20 f. and so you don't go crazy have a cheat meal once week.

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Like everyone says, it's about balancing your calories and macros. As long as you can figure out a way to make it work for you, it is very effective.

I just did a video on my "beer and ice cream diet" that I used to get below 10% body fat last summer. Check it out if you're curious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kh-v...gH01z_5xFWp7LA

badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Lexidagostino View Post
    Hi my names Lexi, about 6 months ago I started to change my eating habits and I got more and more into working out. I workout on a daily now -- and I don't mind it -- definitely not a project for me. I take c4 sometimes to get a boost. I follow alot of fitness and body building/ beach body competitors on social media.I donnot think my workouts are the problem with why I'm not seeing the results I want. I manage my calories and make sure I do not go over the consumable amount, but I know that's not all there is to it. I'm starting my freshmen year in college and am going to study nutrition & my goal is to be a personal trainer. It's truly my passion. I have gotten into bad habits of guilt, and restricting myself which makes me go insane sometimes lol. I just would like to know how to manage my macros.. I see it everywhere but I've never gotten any feedback of how to do it or what the actual amount I should intake is. Help would be soooooo great! Thank you so much
    Honestly I think most people abuse IIFYM. Your diet doesn't need to be 100% perfect, but as a future nutritionist or dietitian the health of your client will be your primary concern. Make sure your foods are nutrient dense if you decide to use this style of dieting .

littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlelady will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Once you know your macros using the tips everyone gave you, go on a free website like myfitnesspal where you can track your foods. They will tell you exactly how many macros are in the things you eat, which makes it easier. You can easily see where your deficits are or where you are over.