YaboySilenT33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Metabolic Diet Refeed for Type 1 Diabetic? Safe?

Hey everyone,

so I have insulin dependent Type 1 diabetes. I'm pretty lean as you can tell in my avatar, and I want to enter a bulking stage. I've been upping calories, toying with upping fat vs upping carbs, and I've been eating a relatively low carb/high fat diet since Feb. I started upping carbs and felt as though I was gaining fat (even though I dropped some fat from my macros), so I stopped and continued my low carb style diet.

My question: I'm looking at doing the metabolic diet, which is basically a very low carb diet M-F (under 30 or 50, subtract fiber.I usually eat about 60 subtracting fiber right now). and then on weekends, carb loading and eating up to 10g/kg of bodyweight. The premise is that, simplified, your muscles and body tissues have been so glucose depleted that by Friday, any glucose ingested will be absorbed by the muscles, refilling glycogen stores to last for lifts the next week, and won't be likely to be stored as fat. Obviously, you'll store some water weight, as every gram of carbs stores 2.7g water, but that will dissipate as the week rolls on. How will this affect insulin levels required exogenously by injection or an insulin pump? I know on carb days it will be through the roof, but is it safe to be eating that many carbs (for me up to 880g) and have that much active insulin on board during the day? and wont that promote huge fat gains? I was thinking about moving the number closer to 400-500g in the 36 hour carb window, but will that not benefit me? Could it, if I'm eating ~50-60g carbs a day during the week?

I did a carb day while cutting (1x a week) and it seemed to work well, but I didn't lose a ton of weight, but I felt like I got a little leaner.. I just want some more opinions. The high fat thing does mess with insulin levels and requires insulin, but i'm working on that part. Its the refeed that concerns me
    Hard work pays off, you get what you put in. So why stop now, gotta keep pushin' -Juelz Santana

765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000) 765 is just really nice. (+1000)
    have you read this? http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

your goal is to gain weight right? you talk about losing weight and gaining weight in your post but in reality you have to consistently eat at a surplus for weeks even months at a time to see results
    you are only here once