rycbar91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Intermittent Fasting - Scheduling & Macro Breakdown Dilemma

I was wondering if people could give me some advice on how I should be structuring my IF plan.

I'm 129 pounds, 23% body fat. I'm trying to get down to about 115~120 range, and for the short term 18~20%.

For a LONG time, I was doing long cardio (marathons... I know, I know) and I still (again, I know...) train for them occasionally. But I've temporarily put that aside and have been focusing more on lifting heavy with some circuit training/3x a week HIIT thrown in to try and get my body fat % down.

I've been haphazardly trying IF, but my work (job goes from 9 AM to 7 PM with maybe two half hour breaks in the afternoon) and workout (exercise) schedule make for sporadic times.

I workout mornings (6 AM) and evenings (8 PM) and have been eating around 1PM - 4PM, as that's when lunch usually falls.

It's hard to know how much calories I should try to cram in since I'm caught between two workouts, and I react badly to huge influxes of carbs in that I get really, really groggy/sleepy/tired, which is a no-no given that I'm a teacher. Trying to compensate with protein and carbs, but I'm not sure what the breakdown of Protein/Carbs/Fat ought to be for fat loss.

Help!?!

JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JHizzle4Rizzle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rycbar91 View Post
    I was wondering if people could give me some advice on how I should be structuring my IF plan.

I'm 129 pounds, 23% body fat. I'm trying to get down to about 115~120 range, and for the short term 18~20%.

For a LONG time, I was doing long cardio (marathons... I know, I know) and I still (again, I know...) train for them occasionally. But I've temporarily put that aside and have been focusing more on lifting heavy with some circuit training/3x a week HIIT thrown in to try and get my body fat % down.

I've been haphazardly trying IF, but my work (job goes from 9 AM to 7 PM with maybe two half hour breaks in the afternoon) and workout (exercise) schedule make for sporadic times.

I workout mornings (6 AM) and evenings (8 PM) and have been eating around 1PM - 4PM, as that's when lunch usually falls.

It's hard to know how much calories I should try to cram in since I'm caught between two workouts, and I react badly to huge influxes of carbs in that I get really, really groggy/sleepy/tired, which is a no-no given that I'm a teacher. Trying to compensate with protein and carbs, but I'm not sure what the breakdown of Protein/Carbs/Fat ought to be for fat loss.

Help!?!

Ok I can't answer this for you (I'm looking for the same) but I might be able to get you closer. I hope someone can clear us both up on windows.

First heres a caluclator for IF that should ballpark you. From there adjust based on your body type.

I'm 38 male, 175lb, 5'7", around 19% bf. I lost alot of weight for awhile doing full body workout three times a week with walking and light cardio. I hit the wall at 185, using Leangains fasting on WO days (16/8) with Eat stop eat 24 fasts on off days for a few weeks to get to 170 but back to 175 in less than a week. Workout now is one week body part rotation. I have a good scale, showing muscle mass is bearly moved but BF has risen from 18.0 to 19.3%. Desk job activity level with a 30 min walk at lunch. Goal has been to get to about 10% BF and work back up clean mass. Sups are multi, fish oil, vit C, joint support caps. No creatine, pre workouts, bcaas right now to make sure nothings throwing me off.

I wasn't watching my macros, just making sure my protein was high percentage (around 80%) with some carbs and good fats on workout day, no carbs on off days. I know my carbs should be higher percentage but I'm a endomorph with medium Test so I'm very senstive to carbs. I was only eating about 1100 or so cals a day (I know, stupid but I wasn't counting my cals, just fullness and protien). I also cut out too much carbs (more protein = awesome right?). Now its around 1600 on off days, 2500 on workout days with around 35% carbs on WO days and 15% on offdays.

I messed up on macros, cals, etc noobing it but I was trying to listen to my body and fight the endomorph curse. So sucked it up, eat about 500 below my maintanence and now I'm losing again... slowly.. but my muscle mass index is going up.

Now on the window. I'm currently fasting 8pm to noon most days but not working out til 5pm but this doesn't give me the post WO GH and Test bump. I thought about switching to 7am workout window but if I still dont feed til noon or later than seems a little long to go without feeding (particularly since I dont do BCAAs due to stomach cramp issues). It also means for me a smaller WO window. Would like some input on this, if I need to change. Also if anyone works in a 23/1 day post cheat day, heard this helps flush your system of carb bloat.

Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Devils has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Help!?!
    For one thing you cant haphazardly try something and expect good results, whatever you are doing you have to commit and be consistent, that is the key. Throw out all the complicated rules and just count calories and be CONSISTENT. What you should try is get a food diary happening and see what your average calories for the week are, then you need to cut that by about 10-15%, then you will start to lose weight. If you are currently weight stable then this will definitely get things moving, even more so If you had some HIIT sessions.

To make things simple try 40/40/20%, P/C/F and reduce your calories enough to lose 1-2lbs per week and go from there. Good luck

jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jimaras22 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    for your case try the warrior diet ... or be sure about the breaks time in the afternoon and have a meal then for example[eating window] 5pm till 9 when you are home[smaller eating window]

type tdee calculator in google and find your tdee for weight loss. It's lower calories when you are sedentary. And what ever the above said.

jlllew00 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm no expert, just an observationist...

You probably ought to start with a goal that will not cause you to lose lean mass. AKA - decide what you'd like your BF to be and forget the scale. At 115 & 18-20% body fat, you'll be losing lean mass & at 120 & 18-20% body fat, you'll STILL be losing lean mass.

Help!?!

zogeid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help!?!
    I would not workout twice a day, I'd leave the evening one, and just train 3-4 days a week
    I would do 2 meals preworkout(1pm, 4pm)
    Each one consisting of 25% daily protein and 50% fat, carbs from veggies
    I'd workout like a beast
    My last meal would be at 9PM, and it would consist of the rest of the carbs(around 80%) and protein(50%)
    Concerning the kcals issue, any calculator should get you in your way, from that, if you're not losing, lower them.

I hope it helped, good luck mate

Edit:
    As for the macro breakdown,
    Protein: I aim for 1.5grs per kg, go over if you're looking for satiation, it really works
    Fat: 30-50grs for workout days, double it for rest days
    Carbs: The rest of the kcals available for the day in cuestion
    Last edited by zogeid; 08-19-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Doing Leangains, recovering from back injury

Actual stats:
    Deadlift: 95kgs 5reps
    Squat: 65kgs 12reps
    Press: 55kgs 5reps
    Bench press: 105kgs 5reps
    Weighted chins: +27.5kgs 5reps