TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Oly lifting in Buffalo/WNY area?

Good day weightlifting ladies and gents.

I've been around the forums and the wight rooms for a bit now, but just recently have I decided that I have noticed that although I am strong, I feel sluggish and my mobility is garbage.

So, for the past few months I have added conditioning workouts specifically focused toward building explosiveness, flexibility, and raw power. This of course, lead me to the snatch and C&J : )

In my area, there isn't a huge demand or community of Oly Lifters, so I have been scouring for effective training vids and information. I believe that my cleans have improved tenfold and the jerk isn't looking too bad either. The snatch, well...that's another story. I feel I need some guidance on this one.

Does anyone here know of any clubs or trainers in the Buffalo or Western New York area, that are not half assing it in some crossfit gym, that are decent and knowledgable?

If not, I'll just keep paying attention in the Oly section like I have been : )

Thanks all.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000) dbk1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    Good day weightlifting ladies and gents.

I've been around the forums and the wight rooms for a bit now, but just recently have I decided that I have noticed that although I am strong, I feel sluggish and my mobility is garbage.

So, for the past few months I have added conditioning workouts specifically focused toward building explosiveness, flexibility, and raw power. This of course, lead me to the snatch and C&J : )

In my area, there isn't a huge demand or community of Oly Lifters, so I have been scouring for effective training vids and information. I believe that my cleans have improved tenfold and the jerk isn't looking too bad either. The snatch, well...that's another story. I feel I need some guidance on this one.

Does anyone here know of any clubs or trainers in the Buffalo or Western New York area, that are not half assing it in some crossfit gym, that are decent and knowledgable?

If not, I'll just keep paying attention in the Oly section like I have been : )

Thanks all.
    another vet of the desolate area that is called upstate new york hehe i grew up around utica

unfortunately there is almost nothing in the way of oly. i think there is a gym in rochester that has an olympic lifting setup but i dont know

theres a club finder on the usaw website but my guess is you'll probably have to bite the bullet and train at a cfit box
    Get This Shiiiiiiiiiiiit

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dbk1 View Post
    another vet of the desolate area that is called upstate new york hehe i grew up around utica

unfortunately there is almost nothing in the way of oly. i think there is a gym in rochester that has an olympic lifting setup but i dont know

theres a club finder on the usaw website but my guess is you'll probably have to bite the bullet and train at a cfit box
    Thanks for the tip about the usaw website.

There's a club in Springville. About 25-30min from my house.

Still open to suggestions though. I want to learn these Oly lifts effectively.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000) RandyT2010 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Also from buffalo and would love to actually know if in performing and learning these lifts properly . I don't want to go to a crossfit gym and learn bad form