RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10)

42, losing the last little bit I hope

Hi everyone, I've been a member of this forum for a long time and now I'm posting an update.

When I joined I was quite unhealthy, at nearly 220lbs. I'm 6'1" so 220lbs is either a very big muscular guy, or a fat guy. I was the fat guy.

Now after really taking control of my diet and doing a lot more exercise, I'm at 183. This took about 2 years. I'm very happy! I think I look great and I'm certainly getting a lot more attention from the ladies.

But I'm still not satisfied. Fashion-cut clothes are just a bit too tight on me. American Apparel large-size underwear are just a bit too snug around the waist. There's just a bit of a "spare tire" going around.

It's not bad, much better than 90% of the guys my age, but still, I want that last bit GONE.

I'm a bit stuck between 183 and 185lbs. I've cut back on so much. I'm hungry quite a lot of the time. But I'm still not dropping.

Any suggestions for losing that last little bit? I feel like if I can lose 5lbs more that will take off the last spare tire. It may not remove my love handles but everything else will be less. I know that things like love handles basically don't come off until you get almost to single-digit BF which I don't expect to do.

I'll try to post some pics later. Sorry if this topic is boring and pointless, but this is my forum that started getting me going on this.

My other goal is to build some more muscle but that's going slowly. I do eat a lot of protein (over 100g per day) and I lift as heavy as I can but the muscle isn't coming on.

I know, I'm 42!

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    We need more info. How many cals, macro breakdown, training split.

RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10) RunningLinux is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    We need more info. How many cals, macro breakdown, training split.
    I guess my next step is to start recording all that accurately. I haven't done counting and measuring up to this point. Maybe I can't make more progress without doing that.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RunningLinux View Post
    I guess my next step is to start recording all that accurately. I haven't done counting and measuring up to this point. Maybe I can't make more progress without doing that.
    You answered your own question. 183-185 lbs on a guy your height is typically slim; you may simply be under muscled.
    Genshai

jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100) jpn2ptzero is not very well liked. (-100)
    "Fashion-cut clothes"

Are you a Victoria Secret model?

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm your height and your current weight as well as your current age. WE ARE LIKE BROTHERS! Ok maybe not.

At 183 I have almost nothing of love handles and just a tiny bit of fat around the midsection. I'm considered quite slim by everyone right now, so you may need to work on hitting the weights hard.

You really need to and should be counting everything at this point. You want to maintain your protein so you can spare as much muscle as you can.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Originally Posted by AAOBob View Post
    I'm your height and your current weight as well as your current age. WE ARE LIKE BROTHERS! Ok maybe not.

At 183 I have almost nothing of love handles and just a tiny bit of fat around the midsection. I'm considered quite slim by everyone right now, so you may need to work on hitting the weights hard.

You really need to and should be counting everything at this point. You want to maintain your protein so you can spare as much muscle as you can.
    We are like brothers! Perhaps.

Ok, your advice sounds right. Maybe I should maintain my diet and focus harder on lifting. I should also add more squat days.

My problem with lifting is it really exhausts me. I feel like I need to sleep for 12 hours after I do a heavy legs day and it interferes with my work for a day. Any suggestions on this?

I already get quite a bit of protein (usually 120g a day). What else should I do?

For the first time ever, posting pictures! Sorry for the underwear but I want to get full advice on what I should do. Ladies, avert your eyes!

Any and all advice and laughter is welcome!

Attached Images

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is this a BIG WHITE PANTS thread?????

OP you got to post your daily intake totals for anyone to help you. srs.

Ensure 1g of protien per lb of bweight.
    0.5 of fat per lb of bodyweight.

This is a solid need along with tracking your intake. If you fail to track you are more than definately eating over or at maintenance.

Pics are not helpfull unless white pants is the new craze. Diet cals are...

ps. edit. well done op on weight loss. i see from the reply below you do not track your intake. Hence the reason why all good things come to an abrupt end .... srs
    Last edited by doughnutgut; 07-22-2013 at 01:04 AM.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Is this a BIG WHITE PANTS thread?????
    Hey I'm not proud of my current situation! But imagine what you saw + 30 lbs of fat - that's what I was a couple of years ago. I'm sure you're all happy to not see pictures of that.

OP you got to post your daily intake totals for anyone to help you. srs.
    Ok, I will need to start tracking it.

Ensure 1g of protien per lb of bweight.
    Ok, my protein intake isn't enough, clearly. It's roughly 120g and I weigh 185, so I need to add one more daily protein shake probably and see what happens.

This is a solid need along with tracking your intake. If you fail to track you are more than definately eating over or at maintenance.
    Ok, roger on that.

Pics are not helpfull unless white pants is the new craze. Diet cals are...
    Ok.

bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bulkbreh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For the first time ever, posting pictures! Sorry for the underwear but I want to get full advice on what I should do. Ladies, avert your eyes!

Any and all advice and laughter is welcome!

keep it up man you look much better than most fat fuks (yet alone the average person) who do nothing about it, yet you've gotten somewhere. GJDM.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My advice? Boxer shorts.

As for the rest, keep at it!

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, you're doing the right thing. Keep lifting, tracking food, and being patient. I'd say you're about 20%. Don't be discouraged and just keep eating at 300-400 calories under maintenance.

You're thread is in no way boring. It's the kind of thread bodybuilding.com needs more of. Do you have any pics of what you looked like when you started?
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    OP, you're doing the right thing. Keep lifting, tracking food, and being patient. I'd say you're about 20%. Don't be discouraged and just keep eating at 300-400 calories under maintenance.

You're thread is in no way boring. It's the kind of thread bodybuilding.com needs more of. Do you have any pics of what you looked like when you started?
    I agree with dru all the way here.

Nothing better than a before/after pic to boost your morale.

OP. Ensure before pic is either 1 boardshorts or boxers and 2 not thongs, budgie smugglers/ bananna hammocks or a mankini..

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    For starts if you arent tracking the food going in then Id say right there is the dead set cause for you being stuck in the groove of those 2 weight #'s.

Almost certainly the portion sizes, the mix etc of what you're putting in your gob is driving your weight situation.

Until thats a controlled issue, there is no telling where or how you would be best served to proceed.

Over to you
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My problem with lifting is it really exhausts me. I feel like I need to sleep for 12 hours after I do a heavy legs day and it interferes with my work for a day. Any suggestions on this?
    You definitely need to up your protein as dounught pointed out, and you might need to up your carbs as well. Still your body will adapt to the lifting. After two years of lifting and a solid year of "good" lifting I feel crappy if I miss for some reason.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

My take-home points:

1. I need more protein intake. 120g or so isn't doing it.
    2. I need to start precisely tracking my food intake so I can figure out what I'm really doing

I will certainly do #1. #2 might be harder to do. If I eat a sandwich at Subway, how do I count that? I have no idea.

OP, you're doing the right thing. Keep lifting, tracking food, and being patient.
    Thank you! It's been a real transformation for me. 30lbs is a lot of loss! I feel like 10lbs less and the padding will be gone, fashion-cut clothes will fit better, and maybe some muscle definition will start to appear.

I'd say you're about 20%.
    That's what I feel like from looking at other pictures. Anyway, the number is irrelevant, it's what I look like that matters, and I can see I've got an extra layer of padding that should be gone. On the plus side, I can see there are some muscles under there so I think once the padding is gone it will be good.

Don't be discouraged and just keep eating at 300-400 calories under maintenance.
    Will do. I'm more motivated than ever.

You're thread is in no way boring. It's the kind of thread bodybuilding.com needs more of.
    Thank you!

Do you have any pics of what you looked like when you started?
    I must have some. I'll try to dig some up. That will be the best thing to show.

And yes next time I'll find some shorts to wear, not tighty whities!

Re: fashion-cut clothing: it's a known thing that some brands don't make their clothes for non-slim people. I don't wear Abercrombie, but that's a well-known example that only makes clothes for thin people. I do wear quite a bit of American Apparel and some of their lines are only designed for thin people. I want to be able to wear stuff like that easily. This means 10lbs less.

As everyone knows, weight loss gets harder the further you go. The first 20lbs are easier than the last 2lbs.

OP..

Sandwich at subways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are your food making skills that minor that you are unable to create your own sandwiches or simple meals for tracking??

Maybe OP needs to prioritise the main objectives here.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking at pictures I would say OP needs to go on extensive bulk, LOL. Just my opinion, so don't take it seriously. Eating at surplus is more fun, good food and quality times in a gym guaranteed. You mentioned being hungry most of the time. Don't you hate it already? Well, eat! And enjoy the spurt of growth, because after extensive periods of calorie restriction, monster growth guaranteed. The only drawback to bulking is those damn designer clothes... I don't shop at moutain equipment coop anymore. Friggin sleeves are too tight.

in for quads outgrew my designer jeans...

31/32 waist shorts crew but a tad tight above the knee crew checking in...

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

My take-home points:

1. I need more protein intake. 120g or so isn't doing it.
    2. I need to start precisely tracking my food intake so I can figure out what I'm really doing

I will certainly do #1. #2 might be harder to do. If I eat a sandwich at Subway, how do I count that? I have no idea.

Thank you! It's been a real transformation for me. 30lbs is a lot of loss! I feel like 10lbs less and the padding will be gone, fashion-cut clothes will fit better, and maybe some muscle definition will start to appear.

That's what I feel like from looking at other pictures. Anyway, the number is irrelevant, it's what I look like that matters, and I can see I've got an extra layer of padding that should be gone. On the plus side, I can see there are some muscles under there so I think once the padding is gone it will be good.

Will do. I'm more motivated than ever.

Thank you!

I must have some. I'll try to dig some up. That will be the best thing to show.

And yes next time I'll find some shorts to wear, not tighty whities!

Re: fashion-cut clothing: it's a known thing that some brands don't make their clothes for non-slim people. I don't wear Abercrombie, but that's a well-known example that only makes clothes for thin people. I do wear quite a bit of American Apparel and some of their lines are only designed for thin people. I want to be able to wear stuff like that easily. This means 10lbs less.

As everyone knows, weight loss gets harder the further you go. The first 20lbs are easier than the last 2lbs.
    I found I had to take maintenance breaks along the way to get through some fat loss stalls. After long periods of calorie deprivation you won't get fat from a few weeks of maintenance. I started around the lower 20s and I had sticking points at 15% BF and 11% BF. On my bulk back up I seem to be maintaining about 12-13% BF.

Eventually, you'll start having to go for the athletic or trim fit clothing. "Skinny" clothing won't fit the arms, legs, package, etc. It's a PITA finding clothes when your waist is the smallest measurement. Stay away from the hipster clothing section.