Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)

RAW Protein Garden of Life Vanilla Spiced Chai Review (w/ pics)

RAW Protein Vanilla Spiced Chai, 22 oz. Powder

I basically picked this up because I heard about how good raw protein is for you, and also how it can leave your stomach feeling leaner (no bloating) for people with allergies or intolerances to whey or soy. I almost always have protein in shakes or in protein "brownies" but this flavor taste particularly good with peanut/almond butter and banana.

I heard from a lot of other people that they thought it tasted really chalky, but I didn't really think so. As long as you mix it well (using a blender) and add in a banana, it tastes amazing. The part about this protein I liked the most was that it didn't have any sucralose, syrup, or aspartame. The flavor of the chai isn't too strong and I enhance it by adding some cinnamon in my smoothies/shakes (which is also supposed to help metabolism/blood sugar btw)! The other two flavors I saw were chocolate and vanilla, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. When I run out of the vanilla spiced chai, I will likely purchase the chocolate, just because I feel so good about eating raw unprocessed protein. The level of sweetness is a little low for me, so I add in some stevia, but this may not be the case for others, because I prefer sweeter foods.

Overall rating: 8.5/10

Taste/Texture: 7/10
    Macros: 9/10
    Flavor: 8/10
    Health Benefits: 10/10
    Versatility: 9/10
    Price: 8/10 (Mine cost around $29, but well worth price)

I attached the supplement facts at the bottom, pretty good for once scoop! Around 17g protein per scoop, less than one gram of sugar, little to no carbs.

My three favorite ways to use the protein are:

1. Smoothie/Shake
    *1 scoop garden of life raw protein, vanilla spiced chai
    *1 tbsp natural almond butter
    *1 banana,
    *1 tsp stevia
    *1/3 cup raw unsweetened almond milk
    *1/4 tsp cinnamon
    *handful of kale or spinach
    *4-5 cubes of ice

(around 20-25 grams of protein per shake)

2. Protein brownie
    *1 scoop garden of life raw protein, vanilla spiced chai
    *half of a banana
    *1 tbsp almond butter/peanut butter
    *handful or carob or dark chocolate chips
    *2-3 tbsp raw almond milk
    *1 tsp stevia
    *1/4 tsp cinnamon

I mix it up, warm up in the microwave for about 45-60 seconds until its slightly gooey in the center and top with granola!
    It taste better and more wholesome than any brownie I've had.
    I'm sure this would taste amazing with the chocolate flavor too

3. Protein Balls
    I love to make little protein balls that I can just quickly eat with my coffee before a workout.
    I just add in different amounts of ingredients until the dough tastes good and then roll it into balls.

Usually:
    *5-6 scoops of garden of life raw protein, vanilla spiced chai
    *Chai spice
    *4 tbsp chia seeds
    *3/4 cup hemp seeds
    *1/2 cup ground steel cut oats
    *raw almonds, peanuts, almonds, pistachios
    *1/2 pumpkin seeds
    *3-4 tbsp flax seed powder
    *1/2 cup almond butter
    *1-2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
    *some almond milk or coconut water if needed
    *stevia to taste
    *cranberries/dates/figs/raisins to taste

Macros come out to about 200 calories per ball, 10g carbs, 12g protein, 11g fat
    Usually 19-20 balls per batch

This would also be great using the vanilla flavor with dried coconut, mango, pineapple, and macadamian nuts or chocolate flavor with cocoa powder and coffee.

Supplement Facts:
    Serving Size 1 LEVEL SCOOP (23 G)
    Servings Per Container 28

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 90
    Total Carbohydrate 4 Gm
    Dietary Fiber 3 Gm
    Soluble Fiber 2 Gm
    Sugars 1 Gm
    Protein 17 Gm

ORGANIC RAW SPROUT BLEND (ORGANIC SPROUTED BROWN RICE PROTEIN, ORGANIC AMARANTH SPROUT, ORGANIC QUINOA SPROUT, ORGANIC MILLET SPROUT, ORGANIC BUCKWHEAT SPROUT, ORGANIC GARBANZO BEAN SPROUT, ORGANIC KIDNEY BEAN SPROUT, ORGANIC LENTIL SPROUT, ORGANIC ADZUKI BEAN SPROUT, ORGANIC FLAX SEED SPROUT, ORGANIC SUNFLOWER SEED SPROUT, ORGANIC PUMPKIN SEED SPROUT, ORGANIC CHIA SEED SPROUT, ORGANIC SESAME SEED SPROUT), RAW PROBIOTIC & ENZYME BLEND (HIGH PROTEIN CHLORELLA, PROTEASES, BACILLUS SUBTILIS)
    250 Mg, MIXED TOCOPHEROLS (ALPHA-TOCOTRIENOL, BETA-TOCOTRIENOL, GAMMA-TOCOTRIENOL, DELTA-TOCOTRIENOL, BETA-TOCOPHEROL, GAMMA-TOCOPHEROL)
    Last edited by Gigi999; 07-20-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Added pictures
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000) Smoker145 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looks like I may have to pay the little extra and get it soon. Ill def be adding a banana and pb to it!

Solid review