Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    After taking a glance at your post history, you probably shouldn't attempt to school others on weight training, OP.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1089633353
    You can keep going off topic at a tangent all you want to try and assert authority, again, i am asking how to to prepare mentally for a workout to get maximum potential from it.

pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) pwoodrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Incendo, I think you've gotten all the HIT based suggestions you're going to get on this thread. From some of your posts, it's obvious you've studied up on what there is out there on HIT. The mental game is hard with HIT because you only have the 1 or 2 sets to get it right. Mentally preparing yourself before starting the set is important. You have to remind yourself "This set is the one. I have to make it count".

Don't let the negative posts get you down. Markus Reinhardt got treated the same way on here.

Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000) Incendo is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by pwoodrum View Post
    Incendo, I think you've gotten all the HIT based suggestions you're going to get on this thread. From some of your posts, it's obvious you've studied up on what there is out there on HIT. The mental game is hard with HIT because you only have the 1 or 2 sets to get it right. Mentally preparing yourself before starting the set is important. You have to remind yourself "This set is the one. I have to make it count".

Don't let the negative posts get you down. Markus Reinhardt got treated the same way on here.
    Thank you very much for the reply, all i ever wanted was some advice, not constant bickering over training methods. At least somebody here speaks sense...

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Reinhardt is/was a juiced-to-the-gills Pro. His experience is hardly relevant to anyone here, much less a 15-year-old kid.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Lucas1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Incendo View Post
    I am wondering, if anyone here does HIT training, and how you get into the mindset to approach this method of training? I have started doing it, but i am unsure of how to extract everything out of such few sets, it is very hard to get into the 'zone'.
    Hello all,

This is a good time to drop in imho.
    I switched to ''real'' HIT 2 months ago and made good progress!
    You think it is hard to get in the ''zone''?
    Not sure what you mean by that but i can give you my thought's

Many guy's think they have to do volume training but for me that's not the way to go.
    5 or 6 different exercises all with ''just'' one set to the max does it! ( apperently not just for me)
    Be careful with forced reps and do them not to often!
    I see you are very young so i suspect you are not training very long?
    When you master your own body and the exercises which takes a good amount of time you wil skyrocket.
    Don't forget your rest and food!
    Those 2 are just as important as the training.
    Watch Yates on youtube: He gives good advice!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Lucas1969; 07-20-2013 at 05:09 PM.

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The sole purpose of this post was to attract attention from people that do HIT, not people that come here to impose their idea of why volume is better than HIT. Was the title of this post not coherent enough for you? If anything, YOU are the troll, you come here with no helpful advice, you haven't even stated whether you have conducted any HIT training. Is it beyond your mental capacity to understand what I wrote in my first post? I have not made this post for people to swarm this thread, arguing over the credibility of HIT. It is PROVEN to work for people, *cough* Dorian Yates *cough*. I was simply wondering how I could prepare mentally for a workout of great intensity, not a pathetic and one dimensional lecture by people that appear to have little or NO experience in this training method.
    ---

First off, you little turdling, I'm not imposing my idea of why volume is better than HIT. If you read my prior posts, you'll see that I did do HIT, gained some strength from it, but not a whole lot of size. Did you not read that? Or are you too stupid to see only what you want to see? Look at post #22. Read it if your immature mind can understand it.

If you're really fifteen with an IQ over a hundred, you'll see that I've given reasons why I didn't continue with HIT. I never said it was bad, just that it was not all that it was cracked up to be. Yes, some trainees do very well with HIT. Many do not. There are many reasons why. I'm going to assume that you are fifteen and if so, have not trained long enough to find out what really works. At the end of the day, though, I doubt you'll listen.

Extemely tempted to neg, but will refrain for time time being. I'll just chalk up your outburst to the immaturity of youth...and lack of education.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i am asking how to to prepare mentally for a workout to get maximum potential from it.

Use Craze.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You cease to understand that the only rep that is beneficial to providing the stimulus for muscle growth is the rep that requires 100% intensity, as you are recruiting a maximum effort from the muscle fibre.
    Absolute bollocks.

Weightlifters, Powerlifters etc can get huge without ever going to real failure during training. They do a lot of much lower intensity(percent of max) rep work in their training, not to real failure if they want more size. They save all-out effort for the platform, because there is a DROP in performance afterwards.

Intensity = percent of max, not some subjective nonsense written by a drug addict(Mentzer) or a snake oil salesman(Arthur Jones) who was pushing Nautilus equipment at the time, and HIT was his sales pitch.

Those guys doing a few singles at 90+%, not to failure(like your Training Max on 5 3 1), are using much higher intensity than some guy doing 8-12 reps to failure. But they don't get a pump from that. Which is a good reason to do downsets after for both strength endurance and size(there is a connection).

This same idea can be applied to the number of sets you do, if you do 1 or 2 sets at an all out effort, the growth mechanism is already stimulated, the job is done, there is no need to do 5 more sets. You can achieve 100% intensity in 1 or 2 sets, rather than trying than doing 8+ sets to replicate the effort you would do in those 1 or 2 sets. I am merely saying that volume may not be optimum for muscle growth. There are countless cases where people state after doing HIT they feel no need to go back to volume. I think the reason most people shun HIT is because they cease to understand the sheer effort you MUST put into so few sets, otherwise you will never benefit from this training type.
    You can achieve 100% intensity for an all-out single, like in a PL or WL competition, but there is usually a drop in performance afterwards. And you won't get any pump, limiting blood and nutrients to the muscles to sustain growth.

So nobody gets massive at 100% intensity, seriously.

You can get massive on 1 x 20 x 60%, not to failure, like the real squats and milk program of Joseph Curtis Hise(not the unsustainable versions pushed by guys who never got huge on it anyway, but want to sound macho).

If you want to do AMRAP, as many reps as possible.....in good form, then that is a very good way to train. Guys do it all the time on 5 3 1 or Greyskull LP.

It is miles away from HIT, because it is rational.

Weightlifters, Powerlifter don't use HIT, because it doesn't work as claimed. They would if it did, if only for the training economy.

Mentzer didn't even use HIT to build up. He wrote most of the religious doctrine after going insane, like a lot of "prophets".

So we have one Mr O who did HIT, and was very strong, probably still is. Dorian would have gotten huge no matter what he did, especially with the drug dosages he used, and his great genetics and work ethic. But going "balls to the wall" as he described HD/HIT sure gave him a lot of injuries.

That's about it folks
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can keep going off topic at a tangent all you want to try and assert authority, again, i am asking how to to prepare mentally for a workout to get maximum potential from it.
    Simple.

Have a training log with exercises, sets, and reps etc recorded for all previous workouts, and exercises laid out for today's workout. Like you were trained for a math test.

Get your general mobilization work done, your warmup sets(you might need anything up to ten of them when you are getting strong), and get your scheduled reps in your workset(s) in decent form. You can go AMRAP. Bonus reps on your last set, if not to real failure(inviting injury), are never a mistake.

Reward yourself by adding 5lbs next week, or whatever your program schedules.

When you miss scheduled reps, punish yourself by not adding weight next week. If that happens a couple times in a row, you have set the poundage for that exercise too high for your current level of strength. Reduce 10% and build up again. Don't worry, you can do AMRAP and get lots of reps in, so you won't be loafing when you are building up to surpass your previous best.

Do that for a long time, on any rational program, and you'll prosper.

Think in terms of getting progressively stronger for reps for big exercises over the next few years.

You'll be mentally prepared because you'll have a plan like:

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...-and-strength/

and when you are more advanced 5 3 1 + BBB:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._pure_strength

+

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...onth_challenge

with planned progression that is sustainable over a long time.

And you'll know what to do when you stall.

If you base everything on being psyched up and other subjective stuff, you haven't got a real plan at all.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice posts, jgreystoke. I'll let the OP with the fifteen-pound d'bell curl answer.

To add a bit, though, yes, Mentzer had great genetics (especially his forearms and calves and never trained them very much if at all) and did volume training up until he switched to HIT. His Consolidation training is really...not good. Yeah, you do get stronger, but very few have gotten a whole lot of size from it.

Now, if the OP wants to psyche himself up, all he has to do is look at the so-called 'negative' posts on HIT and there you have it. Personally, I prefer to call them realistic, but the OP lives in a fantasy land and thinks he knows it all. He hasn't even started.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am wondering, if anyone here does HIT training, and how you get into the mindset to approach this method of training? I have started doing it, but i am unsure of how to extract everything out of such few sets, it is very hard to get into the 'zone'.
    At your age the importance of learning how to perform exercises should be your primary goal.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whether to train HIT or more volume can a function of your goal. If you are training for strength then HIT may be the approach to train. As a bodybuilder my training consist of multiple sets training and some training sessions of low volume for compound exercises. My goal is to sculpture my physique and maintenance muscularity. I think that requires applications of HIT and multiple sets.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Argument is retarded.

Those who engage in HIT do multiple sets, but just one working set to failure. All the other "warm up sets" that you engage in with HIT are adding to the workload.

How would this be any different than a low volume multi set program in which the last set is AMRAP?

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Argument is retarded.

Those who engage in HIT do multiple sets, but just one working set to failure. All the other "warm up sets" that you engage in with HIT are adding to the workload.

How would this be any different than a low volume multi set program in which the last set is AMRAP?

Because it sounds cool.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jgreystoke View Post
    Absolute bollocks.

Weightlifters, Powerlifters etc can get huge without ever going to real failure during training. They do a lot of much lower intensity(percent of max) rep work in their training, not to real failure if they want more size. They save all-out effort for the platform, because there is a DROP in performance afterwards.

Intensity = percent of max, not some subjective nonsense written by a drug addict(Mentzer) or a snake oil salesman(Arthur Jones) who was pushing Nautilus equipment at the time, and HIT was his sales pitch.

Those guys doing a few singles at 90+%, not to failure(like your Training Max on 5 3 1), are using much higher intensity than some guy doing 8-12 reps to failure. But they don't get a pump from that. Which is a good reason to do downsets after for both strength endurance and size(there is a connection).

You can achieve 100% intensity for an all-out single, like in a PL or WL competition, but there is usually a drop in performance afterwards. And you won't get any pump, limiting blood and nutrients to the muscles to sustain growth.

So nobody gets massive at 100% intensity, seriously.

You can get massive on 1 x 20 x 60%, not to failure, like the real squats and milk program of Joseph Curtis Hise(not the unsustainable versions pushed by guys who never got huge on it anyway, but want to sound macho).

If you want to do AMRAP, as many reps as possible.....in good form, then that is a very good way to train. Guys do it all the time on 5 3 1 or Greyskull LP.

It is miles away from HIT, because it is rational.

Weightlifters, Powerlifter don't use HIT, because it doesn't work as claimed. They would if it did, if only for the training economy.

Mentzer didn't even use HIT to build up. He wrote most of the religious doctrine after going insane, like a lot of "prophets".

So we have one Mr O who did HIT, and was very strong, probably still is. Dorian would have gotten huge no matter what he did, especially with the drug dosages he used, and his great genetics and work ethic. But going "balls to the wall" as he described HD/HIT sure gave him a lot of injuries.

That's about it folks
    clap, clap, great post...repped
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    , again, i am asking how to to prepare mentally for a workout to get maximum potential from it.

the reasons why I prefer higher reps lighter weight at a higher intensity (higher intensity does not mean subject must go to utter failure) is because I can use a variety of rep/weight schemes, for instance my last deadlift was 190x22 reps using a double overhand grip, now by not going to failure I can easily get 23reps next time, now other deadlift workouts for me were 170x30, and 150x40 these sets were actually of higher intensity and both I will be able to get an extra rep no problem (well it'll be intense) nexttime attempting these weights.

be careful reading too much into some of this hit jedi stuff, and really just be careful.

using light weights this mental prep stuff may not be needed? just do it, just start lifting and learning, there is no "one chance" be carfeful of this thinking.

CyborgBurns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Markus Reinhardt Steroid Video

I like Dorian's Blood and Guts videos. They can be motivating to watch if you need a little kick in the rear before working out.

I now use the 6-8 range on working sets. I was suggesting the higher reps while trying to get the feel of going to failure, if that was your problem. I might have misunderstood your original post.

Some other good videos to check out on YouTube are Mike Mentzer trainer Markus Reinhardt. Maybe you've already seen these.
    I was wondering how you feel about Markus Reinhardt's recent admission that he has been using steroids for the past 15 years, and entering "natural contests" as a cheater?

It's all in his YouTube video: "The Truth."

Reinhardt is/was a juiced-to-the-gills Pro. His experience is hardly relevant to anyone here, much less a 15-year-old kid.
    I was wondering how you feel about Markus Reinhardt's recent admission that he has been using steroids for the past 15 years, and entering "natural contests" as a cheater?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by CyborgBurns View Post

What is your problem? Personal vendettas and witch hunts aren't going to be carried out on this site.

Make one more post about that guy, and you're gone.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RT1957 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Argument is retarded.

Original HIT was not only to failure but also to failure with assisted reps and then Negatives to failure....That one working set can be very brutal. The warmups are just to help from getting injured trying just 1 set cold...You can't run HIT unassisted you need a trainer or training partner that understand the concepts....As a teen I worked at one of the original Nautilus facilities and that was how we worked everyone out that wanted to do HIT and its what we promoted as the clubs way of getting people in shape...

Me I like volume work but I've seen people get results from HIT
    "You got soul and everybody knows that its alright".....Curtis Mayfield........"Eat to be strong weights and reps"....Me....."leave the gun take the cannoli".....Fat Clemenza

"Believin is alright just don't believe in the wrong thing"....Sonny Boy Williamson

"You know you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise your body can't fill"......Paul Barrere Little Feat