pforpigeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Chest progress after 1 & 1/2 years

Hey all, this is my progression from lifting hard and heavy on my chest for about a year and a half. Here's a picture..
    I know my chest is very imbalanced and uneven in the process. My right pectoral is much more fully developed than my left one and for the past 4-5 months I've been working on only my left pectoral using unilateral training and dumbbells and tons of pushups, but meanwhile nothing seems to be working at all though.. Any advice?
    Attached Images

thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10) thestoebz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pforpigeon View Post
    Hey all, this is my progression from lifting hard and heavy on my chest for about a year and a half. Here's a picture..
    I know my chest is very imbalanced and uneven in the process. My right pectoral is much more fully developed than my left one and for the past 4-5 months I've been working on only my left pectoral using unilateral training and dumbbells and tons of pushups, but meanwhile nothing seems to be working at all though.. Any advice?
    I really haven't seen anything quite like that. I'd not worry yet though, keep lifting hard don't work on one side more, just keep bulking and lifting heavy. See how it looks when you get bigger. I wouldn't worry you don't have a lot of muscle yet.

kingbeef323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, man, that's just the genetic shape of your chest. Nothing you can really do about it. That said, it will become less noticeable the bigger you get, so keep lifting, broseph.

k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10) k1ddoxo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What is your current chest routine? You mentioned that you use dumbbells so im guessing you do DB chest press? I wouldn't recommend it because im going to assume you are right handed. With dumbbells a lot of stabilization comes into play, usually with the right hand being your main hand, its stronger, thus meaning you work your right pec more than the left pec. I previously only did DB chest press and my left pec was slightly behind until I switched to Bench press.

I would suggest you make the switch as well. The bench will allow you to work both pec's evenly (if done correctly) and strengthens your upper-body overall. DB chest press is great, but for what you're looking for, BP will benefit you far more bother. Keep it up though, it wont take long till they are huge!
    "Success is dependent on effort." ~Sophocles

OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OliNufc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Seriously? You've been lifting for well over a year and you look like that? No offence man but that's embarrassing.

Is your diet in check? Routine? Form? Rest? Are you pushing yourself? You could have been a beast in that time scale man. Forget focusing on one pec, just do some heavy compounds, get on a strength routine for 6 month or so and see how your lifts are. Do some research bro, not meaning to hate on you or put you down, but yeh, good luck.
    "Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible."
    - Frank L. Gaines

"The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination."
    - Tommy Lasorda

Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gen1066 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I thought my chest was a little of. Id say keep lifting but do lots of dumbbell work

threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) threaltabby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    keep up the good work and train heavy, hard!

nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nowheym8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Go heavy on the compounds and throw in plenty of flys in there at the end.
    Youtube Channel --> youtube.com/channel/UCNSdg8uIH4A1dRey0-Kzdpg

It's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years

We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations

DL - 240kg
    Squat - 180kg
    Bench - 130kg
    Total - 550kg

Originally Posted by thestoebz View Post
    I really haven't seen anything quite like that. I'd not worry yet though, keep lifting hard don't work on one side more, just keep bulking and lifting heavy. See how it looks when you get bigger. I wouldn't worry you don't have a lot of muscle yet.
    Yeah man, I've seen some difference since the past 4-5 months. It's just annoying because I can feel my whole right side being alot heavier. But thanks.

Originally Posted by kingbeef323 View Post
    Yeah, man, that's just the genetic shape of your chest. Nothing you can really do about it. That said, it will become less noticeable the bigger you get, so keep lifting, broseph.
    Thanks for the input man

Originally Posted by k1ddoxo View Post
    What is your current chest routine? You mentioned that you use dumbbells so im guessing you do DB chest press? I wouldn't recommend it because im going to assume you are right handed. With dumbbells a lot of stabilization comes into play, usually with the right hand being your main hand, its stronger, thus meaning you work your right pec more than the left pec. I previously only did DB chest press and my left pec was slightly behind until I switched to Bench press.

I would suggest you make the switch as well. The bench will allow you to work both pec's evenly (if done correctly) and strengthens your upper-body overall. DB chest press is great, but for what you're looking for, BP will benefit you far more bother. Keep it up though, it wont take long till they are huge!
    I usually just do one dumbbell chest presses and flys on my left pectoral. and yes im right handed. Do you think it could've been my form that was wrong? Because beforehand I used to BP about twice a week about 6 months ago alot. Since my right side is more dominant I'm thinking it could've been because its stronger. It pushes more weight.

Originally Posted by OliNufc View Post
    Seriously? You've been lifting for well over a year and you look like that? No offence man but that's embarrassing.

Is your diet in check? Routine? Form? Rest? Are you pushing yourself? You could have been a beast in that time scale man. Forget focusing on one pec, just do some heavy compounds, get on a strength routine for 6 month or so and see how your lifts are. Do some research bro, not meaning to hate on you or put you down, but yeh, good luck.
    About a year a half, but I didn't really focus on chest primarily for all the time being, It was unevenness that kinda just came along and kicked in after the first year and I started to notice it. And I've been trying to fix it ever since. But primarily during that time being I focused mostly on squatting, deadlifting, hang cleans, much more explosive exercises. Now I'm geared to more as how I can fix my problem.

Bump

ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do some cable flys to really hit your pectoral muscles and make sure to get a good contraction and hold it there for just abit. That way you know most muscles will have the same time u set tension during the exercise.

Keep lifting bro.
    Texas Made l Conquer l Molon Labe

Age wrinkles the body, Quitting wrinkles the soul. - Douglas MacArthur

Originally Posted by ignite19 View Post
    Do some cable flys to really hit your pectoral muscles and make sure to get a good contraction and hold it there for just abit. That way you know most muscles will have the same time u set tension during the exercise.

Keep lifting bro.
    Thanks man, will do. Havent really worked with cable flys alot but hopefully it'll change my luck

betudontbet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you dont even have chest brah lol

NerdyLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have this thing called.... "big scientific name that I forget what it is." Basically it's like concave chest on my right pec (the upper left portion of it). Not really sure if that's a good way to explain it, so basically the bones sink in haha. I'd say only about 60-70% of people notice it while I'm shirtless, but to me there's a huge difference.

Where I'm going with this is, you might have something restraining your left pec to grow to the amount your right one is. That's the way it is for me, and sadly it'll always be like that (too late for surgery, I think, and don't want to spend money for it anyways). I've tried to hit my right pec a little harder in the past, nothing has helped. The only downfall to this, other than it being noticable, is I tend to use my right delt more on push movements (bbar bench, dbell bench, etc.). I'm not sure if somebody has given you an answer in the comments already, (I'm very tired and didn't read them haha) but you might want to consult with your doctor to see if something is up with your left pec.

But good luck trying to make it grow. If you figure out a way, let me know!

Originally Posted by NerdyLifter View Post
    I have this thing called.... "big scientific name that I forget what it is." Basically it's like concave chest on my right pec (the upper left portion of it). Not really sure if that's a good way to explain it, so basically the bones sink in haha. I'd say only about 60-70% of people notice it while I'm shirtless, but to me there's a huge difference.

Where I'm going with this is, you might have something restraining your left pec to grow to the amount your right one is. That's the way it is for me, and sadly it'll always be like that (too late for surgery, I think, and don't want to spend money for it anyways). I've tried to hit my right pec a little harder in the past, nothing has helped. The only downfall to this, other than it being noticable, is I tend to use my right delt more on push movements (bbar bench, dbell bench, etc.). I'm not sure if somebody has given you an answer in the comments already, (I'm very tired and didn't read them haha) but you might want to consult with your doctor to see if something is up with your left pec.

But good luck trying to make it grow. If you figure out a way, let me know!
    Can you actually feel like your bigger pec being heavier than the other side? Because I feel it all the time and it bothers the crap outta me

NerdyLifter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you actually feel like your bigger pec being heavier than the other side? Because I feel it all the time and it bothers the crap outta me
    Yeah man, all the time.. ESPECIALLY on chest day. It's heavier and more of a hand full. My girlfriend actually brought it up a few nights ago too, "your left pec is so much bigger than your right" then she giggles... IT AIN'T FUNNY GIRL! haha.. but yeah man, I understand what you're going through. Just keep working, pumping both of them up, even if we are a little deformed...! haha

ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000) ignite19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks man, will do. Havent really worked with cable flys alot but hopefully it'll change my luck
    For sure give it a try, I've been working out constantly for over 3 years now and never used the cable flys until about a month ago and im getting stretch marks on my outter chest and under arms.
    I think it will definitely help you. Maybe even take the next day off so that it keeps healing and growing. I switch Monday chest with Thursday back for thus reason.
    Texas Made l Conquer l Molon Labe

Age wrinkles the body, Quitting wrinkles the soul. - Douglas MacArthur

rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickynoose has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Chest

[QUOTE=pforpigeon;1103980353]

Hey mate dont take this as a insult or me telling u what u should do im just giving my opinion i train chest once a week its my favourite body part only cause i usto have a small chest so focused on it first off diet protein intake ect is very important so ur chest can grow i mix it up every week in 3 week change arounds so i only do flat bench once every 3 weeks for egsample one week i focus on lower chest decline bench press decline dumbells,dips and there are a few more lower chest exercises u can do google it the week after middle chest so flat bench bumbells ect then upper chest the week after incline bench and more excersises u will have to google it i usually do chest on its own or with tries cause its a big muscle n its not good to do 2 big muscle groups in the sAme day eg chest and quads harder for ur body to recover. It helps if u have a training partner to spot u n help u push out max reps i aim for max of 8/9 reps per set on ur last 3 sets i go alittle lighter n try n get a good pump/burn with pushups after each set on ur last exercise u gotta smash ur chest man train like a animal n diet n it will grow u gotta give it no other choice but to hope that helped abit hard to explain on here im no journalist lol