Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whats my chances at playing D1? video srs

Hello everyone. My names Bruce and I'm on my way to beginning my junior year of football at a D4 high school in Ohio. I play for a very well coached team and with some pretty talented players. In my area, football is life. Kids, parents, grandparents, almost anyone you can think of follows our local sports. This passed year there has been about 5 or 6 kids that has been given the opportunity to play division 1 football in our area. It has been my lifelong dream to be able to one day play at a big time school.
    I think about it every day.

At the beginning of my sophomore year I transferred to the school I attend now. It has been a long but quick journey for me and I've learned a lot from it. When I first arrived at my current school I could honestly say I was headed down the wrong path. I partied a lot and couldn't give a **** about studying for my classes. My GPA was something like a 2.3. Learning from my mistakes, I turned my life around. Finishing my sophomore year I had made honor role each 9-week grading period, finishing with a 3.6 GPA. During that time I was able to snatch a starting position on the varsity squad at inside linebacker. Half way through the season our starting fullback had a unfortunate injury causing him to watch his senior year go by on the bench.(he's now a walk-on at PITT) They had no choice but to convert me to fullback.(previous position was RB) Being just a sophomore starting both ways on the field I had a lot of pressure on me. In the end, I wouldn't change one play.

Now that you know a little about my past here's my current stats

Squat: 500x8
    Bench: 340
    Power Clean: 255
    Deadlift: 420
    40 YD dash: 4.81-Notre Dame College camp (D2)
    Pro Shuttle: 4.37-Toledo camp (D1)
    Height: 5'10 1/2 (no shoes)
    Weight: 195lbs

My stats at the beginning of the year
    IMG_2223.jpg

I made a short highlight film on a few of the games that I started both ways:
    youtube. com/watch?v=ruUuWY2rEiU
    (had to separate the link because of my post count)

After reading my story I hope someone with experience in college football could give me some honest advice.

What position should I try and play in college? RB,FB,ILB
    Am I setting my goals too high with my hopes of one day playing D1 football?
    Will my height affect the way colleges look at me?

Thanks for your time and I will read every reply I get
    Last edited by Bruce912; 07-16-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Limits are only for those who have them.

Justice Police of bb.com hostelmaniac's Avatar
    hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Embed for OP

Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bruce912 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hostelmaniac View Post
    Embed for OP
    Thanks!

hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hostelmaniac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You got vids of your lifts? they are pretty impressive. Powerclean and deadlift could be a bit better compared to your bench/squat tho.
    You can never "shoot to high" when it comes to goal setting. seriously. Keep making videos, talk to coaches, scouts, show your videos and that you are interested. keep your grades up. do extra curricular things like clubs, volunteering etc. to show you are a well rounded student athlete. keep training hard.
    One thing you might want to put a big amount of focus on is speed training. you won't be very big on a d1 field so you'll need speed. Talk to coaches and see what you need to do to make it. They might have you start gaining weight like a mofo. My friend plays defensive tackle at Indiana University. 6'8 295 pounds. He is an absolute monster. They had him eating like you would not freaking believe i can promise you that.

bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bradroepke is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    500x8 squat

no thx

I believe you can squat 315-325.
    The University of Tennessee
    Kinesiology | Biology

-----------

youtube.com/user/bradleyroepke

You got vids of your lifts? they are pretty impressive. Powerclean and deadlift could be a bit better compared to your bench/squat tho.
    You can never "shoot to high" when it comes to goal setting. seriously. Keep making videos, talk to coaches, scouts, show your videos and that you are interested. keep your grades up. do extra curricular things like clubs, volunteering etc. to show you are a well rounded student athlete. keep training hard.
    One thing you might want to put a big amount of focus on is speed training. you won't be very big on a d1 field so you'll need speed. Talk to coaches and see what you need to do to make it. They might have you start gaining weight like a mofo. My friend plays defensive tackle at Indiana University. 6'8 295 pounds. He is an absolute monster. They had him hitting like you would not freaking believe i can promise you that.
    I have a video on my youtube of me benching 240x10, squat unfortunately not. I know 500x8 seems a bit extreme but check out some of my pics of my legs. Hopefully that'll give me a little proof lol

Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000) Andregood is just really nice. (+1000)
    No need bro, diablo 1 is still buyable!

celeri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck in life. You are blessed.
    500x8 squat. oh my.

Originally Posted by Bruce912 View Post
    I have a video on my youtube of me benching 240x10, squat unfortunately not. I know 500x8 seems a bit extreme but check out some of my pics of my legs. Hopefully that'll give me a little proof lol
    Cant really see much in the video. but pictures don't do any justice haha

Football players are notorious for doing partial range of motion though. Just upload vids man.

Just remembered. Be ready to sacrifice your life to football and school if you make it to D1. Won't have much of a social life since you will be training/playing/practicing so much not to mention keeping up on your school work and doing well at it. It is very tough.

Just remembered. Be ready to sacrifice your life to football and school if you make it to D1. Won't have much of a social life since you will be training/playing/practicing so much not to mention keeping up on your school work and doing well at it. It is very tough.
    Right now I'm just worried about making it there. Thanks for the advice though

linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) linton5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A lot of the next level is based off of potential really. With those lifts and the experience you will have I would say it is a definite possibility if you commit to it. Do you play any other sports? Wrestling could help your foot work and stuff even though you're an lb. Continue to go balls to the wall and keep lifting and gaining muscle as well as football related drills and I would say you got a shot man. Keep your eye on the prize, keep your grades up, stay out of trouble. I had a guy at my school who could of gone to KSU, I'm about 90% confident he would've been offered if he didn't have an arrest record (10+) and bad grades.

DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DTEXL190 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You need a lot of speed work brotha hoping to play in the backfield offense or defense. I'm hopin to play D1 also I was scouted by Texas state in the spring at one of Our RB drills but what impressed them most was my 40 along with the weight im carrying along with it. I'm very elusive on the outside when playing olb and can man off blocks and on running back I could easily shoot through the hole with no deal at all. Look for a speed program if you wanna follow mine onmin doin I ran a 4.53 at the CM in college station so hmu we are on the same road

Originally Posted by DTEXL190 View Post
    You need a lot of speed work brotha hoping to play in the backfield offense or defense. I'm hopin to play D1 also I was scouted by Texas state in the spring at one of Our RB drills but what impressed them most was my 40 along with the weight im carrying along with it. I'm very elusive on the outside when playing olb and can man off blocks and on running back I could easily shoot through the hole with no deal at all. Look for a speed program if you wanna follow mine onmin doin I ran a 4.53 at the CM in college station so hmu we are on the same road
    Speed is definitely one of my weaker points. I've been doing indoor and outdoor track in the off season so hopefully it's something I can improve

Great advice though

Originally Posted by linton5 View Post
    A lot of the next level is based off of potential really. With those lifts and the experience you will have I would say it is a definite possibility if you commit to it. Do you play any other sports? Wrestling could help your foot work and stuff even though you're an lb. Continue to go balls to the wall and keep lifting and gaining muscle as well as football related drills and I would say you got a shot man. Keep your eye on the prize, keep your grades up, stay out of trouble. I had a guy at my school who could of gone to KSU, I'm about 90% confident he would've been offered if he didn't have an arrest record (10+) and bad grades.

I sprint in indoor and outdoor track. Believe it or not, it has helped my footwork a good bit. I've tried wrestling, but they wanted me to cut a lot of weight to fill a weight class up so I just couldn't do it. Gotta keep the weight up!

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Andregood View Post
    No need bro, diablo 1 is still buyable!
    this. i'm pretty sure you could get a copy of diablo 1 somewhere, even though barely anyone plays it anymore

Originally Posted by RearDeltoids View Post
    this. i'm pretty sure you could get a copy of diablo 1 somewhere, even though barely anyone plays it anymore
    haha I'm more of a halo guy

mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Going off your camp times you need more speed. If you don't already do box jumps, power cleans (all variations) and run! You need impressive speed at the higher levels or you won't go far because if you can't keep up with Rbs or wrs they wont want you. Given lbs are a bit slower then most speed positions and I'm assumin your either a lb or a slower safety. I say slower because D1 DBS are extemely fast ha
    *Lift because of Dragonball Z crew*

BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100) BigManTJ is not very well liked. (-100)
    You need to hit harder. You still look a little soft. You need to tighten up and truck fools and not give a phuck. They should not be stopping you...
    Fapping is like food... It shouldn't be enjoyed as a reward, but rather a means to not kill yourself.
    Progress Not Perfection
    Clean Eating: The premise to success, for the occult of the aesthetic.
    Clean Eating: When you cook your own meals, because you care about the specifics of your diet.
    Garlic, is as good as ten mothers.
    Hit Me Up (Contact me)
    Instagram: ModelTreyJacques
    www.********.com/ModelTreyJacques
    Haters click here -> www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zs-7md3MTA