Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dranek has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Cellucor C4 Extreme" Warning

I have been taking pre-workout supplements such as superpump max, Jack3d, and musclepharm assault, for a long time with very little negative effects. For the past week I have been taking cellucor C4 extreme and have developed a very negative side effect of shortness of breath and being hyper aware of my breathing. I am consciously aware of every breath I take and have to breathe deep. This doesn't just right after I take cellucor so I didn't know what caused it at first. It is most prominent when I am going to sleep or waking up.

After doing some research online I have noticed that this symptom is starting to surface in other people taking this supplement and I felt like I should post my experience here where I do not believe anyone has posted about it yet. I hope this will be a resource and a discussion thread for people experiencing this same issue. My guess is that it is the creatine nitrate causing it but I'm not sure.

The last time I took it was about 15 hours ago. I will discontinue using it and post back on if my condition is getting better.

nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nyyankees0191 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dranek View Post
    I have been taking pre-workout supplements such as superpump max, Jack3d, and musclepharm assault, for a long time with very little negative effects. For the past week I have been taking cellucor C4 extreme and have developed a very negative side effect of shortness of breath and being hyper aware of my breathing. I am consciously aware of every breath I take and have to breathe deep. This doesn't just right after I take cellucor so I didn't know what caused it at first. It is most prominent when I am going to sleep or waking up.

After doing some research online I have noticed that this symptom is starting to surface in other people taking this supplement and I felt like I should post my experience here where I do not believe anyone has posted about it yet. I hope this will be a resource and a discussion thread for people experiencing this same issue. My guess is that it is the creatine nitrate causing it but I'm not sure.

The last time I took it was about 15 hours ago. I will discontinue using it and post back on if my condition is getting better.
    Sounds like you are just very sensitive to stims. I myself have never had this issue. Stay safe

usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) usafamnguy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You havnt changed anything else recently? I just imagine if it was the c4, this problem would have surfaced on this bored long ago. How much of the other pre's did you use, maybe a full scoop is a bit much for you.
    Team Force Factor Rep
    www.ForceFactor.com
    Monster Mash 2014 prep???
    Performance Protein + oats=<3
    Pharmacy technician/Cop
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/force-factor/force-factor.htm

Registered User WannaGetYoked27's Avatar
    WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Do you have asthma or any other pre-existing medical issue?

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetYoked27 View Post
    Do you have asthma or any other pre-existing medical issue?
    This
    C4 is on the lower end of stimulants compared to the ours you have taken. Not to mention the only other major factors are ba and creatine nitrates neither which have shown that side effects your history reflects taking stronger stimulants than c4 which seems odd that a lower end slim would cause that. This is the first time I have heard of this myself

Jpaques has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've taken c4 for months never had any such affects on me so I can't really say much to help but your best bet is probably to stop taking it like you have and see if the symptoms go away, if they do then you start thinking about why c4 causes such a reaction but until then it could all just be coincidence.

One thing I am wondering though is whats the time frame from taking c4 to experiencing these issues, was it days of taking it before you noticed it or was it almost instant, for all we know it could even be you getting the shakes cause you've not had enough c4 in the last few hours

Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Howiester has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way?
    It is the current year.

kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kissdadookie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, I HIGHLY doubt that your issues were directly due to C4. Compared to all the other preworkouts you have used, C4 really doesn't have any ingredients in it which you have not taken before in some of the other preworkouts you have mentioned to have used and enjoyed. From a stimulant perspective, C4 is pretty much comparatively has the lower if not lowest amount of stims compared to the other stuff you've taken and the stims in C4 are actually not something you have not taken before again, in the other preworkouts you have listed to have used and enjoyed.

So I don't understand why you made a "warning" thread about C4? Did you not bother to look at the label on C4 and compare and contrast ingredients with the other preworkouts you've taken and enjoyed previously?
    Completed Logs & Reviews:
    Clear Muscle Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161906833&p=1244983053#post1244983053

"Now that you've got a basic degree of strength you can now proceed with success onto a bodybuilding type program - which I am not experienced in providing. You've exceeded what I focus on, and that is beginner strength gains." - Mark Rippetoe

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My guess is that it is the creatine nitrate causing it but I'm not sure.
    You are most likely correct, here. The etiology is allusive and it could also involve combining nitrate+stimulants, but removing the nitrate will almost definitely remove the issue.

edit: OP, just to assist my search for a clearer answer with respect to my own similar issues, how did you come to this conclusion? Nitrate causing labored breathing appears to be very rare; like, this is actually the first time I've encountered someone else on the forums who had the same problem.
    Last edited by PinchTheBear; 07-16-2013 at 07:01 AM.
    Driven Sports

nicior has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I recommend you to do some research between Creatine and Asthma. Why??? cuz now you mention that at first when i start to use C4 that happen to my. but i use to suffer from asthma, like 10 years ago, so i start to get some little attacks at night. i don't put to much attention to it, i just borrow my cousin asthma medication (ADVAIR) and i feel better 5 min later..... but now i still using it the C4 and no attacks so far. i lower the dosage, one scoop with 4-5oz 20-30 before workout.
    Workout Program:
    •Kris Gethin 12-Week HardCore•
    (DONE)

•DTP• (on it)

Registered User WannaGetYoked27's Avatar
    WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) WannaGetYoked27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nicior View Post
    I recommend you to do some research between Creatine and Asthma. Why??? cuz now you mention that at first when i start to use C4 that happen to my. but i use to suffer from asthma, like 10 years ago, so i start to get some little attacks at night. i don't put to much attention to it, i just borrow my cousin asthma medication (ADVAIR) and i feel better 5 min later..... but now i still using it the C4 and no attacks so far. i lower the dosage, one scoop with 4-5oz 20-30 before workout.
    Interesting. I also have asthma, use a prescribed inhaler daily and take pre's, creatine, etc and it has never exacerbated the problem. Also gone through a tub of C4 with no issues so I'm with some of the above posters in thinking its probably just a coincidence

Originally Posted by WannaGetYoked27 View Post
    Interesting. I also have asthma, use a prescribed inhaler daily and take pre's, creatine, etc and it has never exacerbated the problem. Also gone through a tub of C4 with no issues so I'm with some of the above posters in thinking its probably just a coincidence
    yup you should check this out too, w.ergo-log.com/allergycreatine.html

remember to put the 2 w on the front
    Workout Program:
    (DONE)

•DTP• (on it)

BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000) BeastyDrummer is just really nice. (+1000)
    I stopped taking PWO's all together a while back. I used to take one every day for every workout. I had gotten to the point where I was getting chest pains when I wasnt working out and my BP stayed high and out of whack 24/7. I just use BCAA's, Protein, Animal Flex and Oximega Greens now. I feel 100x better.
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -AS

Firefighter brah
    **PureBlood Crew**
    **Always Pick 4 Crew**
    **Train legs 2x a week and still have chicken legs Crew**

Originally Posted by nicior View Post
    Same boat here I grew up with asthma but have 0 problems
    If there is a medical issue behind this than that would be the issue but we are unclear

Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Same boat here I grew up with asthma but have 0 problems
    If there is a medical issue behind this than that would be the issue but we are unclear
    yup that's true, rig now this is how i work... Two pills of Twinlabs Creatine Fuel + 4-5oz of C4 done, not side effects, post-workout anabolic halo.
    keep in mind, **Twinlabs (Creatine Monohydrate) **C4 cellucor (Creatine Nitrate) ** Anabolic Halo (Creatine Monohydrate) = 5g creatine total on my system. no side effects so far....
    Workout Program:
    (DONE)

•DTP• (on it)

ivandelapaz5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

???

I would like to know if drinking testosterone is bad or good and if it has any side effects? ??

electrafire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    K I was wondering why all of a sudden that was happening to me, but it makes sense as I had just switched to C4.
    I thought I was just a little stressed at work, but its this odd gasp of air my body makes me take. I'll be totally fine then my body is like breath 5x in a row fast. And I have no medical history of anything else wrong SOOOO I am with ya... so mark that down as 2 for the odd breathing issues.

shygirl66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Having the same problem :(

I've been taking c4 for almost two weeks now daily and it's also starting to affect my breathing. During my workouts I can't take deep breaths and before bed. Going to discontinue this unfortunately.. I do love how pumped up I get but this is really bad for your body

wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250) wroaten has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    sounds like its having an effect on your blood pressure, either raising it or bottoming it out.

directions on the tub should say take half, or just a little to assess your tolerance.

jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jerkeife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ivandelapaz5 View Post
    I would like to know if drinking testosterone is bad or good and if it has any side effects? ??
    Go away.

I have taken c4 on and off for two years with no issues and I have asthma. I have not used an inhaler in ~9 years but have been on singulair then entire time. I have had no issues.
    SC Username: jerkeife
    ☆Nice Miscer Master Race Crew☆
    ++Positive Crew++
    MWC

Will do. I bet WorldWarZ has a lovely angus. I can't wait. - EAOP
    [To WorldWarz]You owe me a sweet looking angus and in better be in pristine condition when I come for it. - EAOP

Mandypandy pls respond

nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50) nornevrder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This has nothing to do with C4 but I will share my experience. I started taking Jack3d the OG version about 3 1/2 years ago and was taking below recomended dosage. I started getting tunnel vision throughout the day. It would drop me to my knee and I would almost pass out. I discontinued the product and my symptoms went away for the most part. A couple of weeks later I had a physical for work. My HR was 155 BPM at resting. I was immediately sent to the medic and was put in a EKG. my heart would spike to 175 BPM and the rhythm was all over the place. After several attempts by the PA to get it back to normal they decided to introvert me. 131 Jules straight to the chest and two burns later it went back to normal. I was flown home that day and went to the cardiologist the next day. My heart was enlarged and very tired. I was in congestive heart failure and essentially very lucky in many ways.

sismith123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a similar effect when taking BSN N.O Xplode. Only when I take this product it creates a problem with my breathing so I decided to go the doctors. All they said was either drop the dosage or try another pre workout supplement...

democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500) democrat1 is not very helpful. (-500)
    I always felt like C4 was awfully weak,so I am surprised at this kind of response to it,but I guess everyone has different tolerances

Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Sean26607 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ivandelapaz5 View Post
    Try it and report back

ialspach has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds to me like a sensitivity to stimulants in addition to some form of anxiety that is made worse by ingesting them. I have long suffered from anxiety at differing severity over the last number of years, even though I have learned to control it well I do find that stimulants just exacerbate the issue. perceived breathing issues are common with anxiety and thinking about each breath or ruminating about breathing in general just makes it worse...

Anyways, just a thought.
    Last edited by ialspach; 08-23-2014 at 01:53 PM.

jcherrez973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cellucor C4. Extreme

I am also experiencing shortness of breath. I have been taking C4 for a little over a month but in the last two weeks I have noticed it. I'm going to start taking half of a scoop to see if this continues.

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jcherrez973 View Post
    I am also experiencing shortness of breath. I have been taking C4 for a little over a month but in the last two weeks I have noticed it. I'm going to start taking half of a scoop to see if this continues.
    Your most likely sensitive to stimulants
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

Originally Posted by jcherrez973 View Post
    have you used any pre-workouts prior to C4?
    Do you normally drink a lot of caffeine on a daily basis?

Blazi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, i just started taking C4 too. I have moderate asthma (allergic to dust mainly,but I take meds), I used creatine monohydrate, stims like SuperPump MAX, N.O. explode, tried Jack3D and never had this issue with breathing, but with this product i have It comes a few mins after i drink it (1cup) and I drink caffeine frequently...so the problem will be with some of its components...

Originally Posted by Blazi View Post
    Hi, i just started taking C4 too. I have moderate asthma (allergic to dust mainly,but I take meds), I used creatine monohydrate, stims like SuperPump MAX, N.O. explode, tried Jack3D and never had this issue with breathing, but with this product i have It comes a few mins after i drink it (1cup) and I drink caffeine frequently...so the problem will be with some of its components...
    Those 3 products you listed above have higher caffeine/stimulant contents then C4 does
    You may react bad to the nitrtates in C4 due to your asthma. That could be because of your medical condition
    Did you consult with your doctor first?