orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Should I be taking supplements or not right now?

I have been working out strictly for about a week or two now and just wanted to know if I should be incorporating supplements now? I am looking to add on lean muscle and loose some body fat.
    One of my issues is that I am not eating 4-6 meals a day, although when I do eat it's healthy. I am mostly taking in around 1000 calories (this is not intentionally) struggling with foods to eat and have tried pre packing but eating the same thing just about everyday is becoming boring (it sorta feels like eating left overs everyday). If there is any advice let me know.
    basically concerned about do I need to be taking supplements such as creatine, casein, EFA's etc; After all my goal is to gain muscle and loose fat (goal is to be swimsuit body type).

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A whole week???

Impressive.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    A whole week???

Impressive.
    Um, a week...or two.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet and routine first , supplements later

orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) orangebluesun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    And you, 6 month?????
    Impressive as well.
    Don't judge, tiny tim
    Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    A whole week???

Impressive.

MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrSamoisette will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey just cut down unhealthy fats in your diet sugars and salts also if you have the time cook everyday 4-6 or 3 meals a day makes no real difference. Also I recommend a protein powder if you're not getting enough protein and a multivitamin when I first started I made gains and lost weight but if losing weight is your main goal focus on that just make sure you're only cutting like 500 from your daily required intake of calories you don't want to cut too much and drink plenty of water gallon+ a day it really all helps good luck on your journey

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unless you have some medical condition that requires you to lose a lot of weight fast, 1000 calories is much too low for you.

Go to the nutrition stickie and read it. It has a ton of good info about determining your Cal's and macros. Determine your needs, make some goals, work out hard, and love life.

It is not necessary to eat 4-6 meals a day. Just make sure you hit your dietary needs in the number of meals you do eat.

Until you get your eating down, supplements mean nothing.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As pastorgbc just stated.

Supplements are just not needed.

Get your nutrition in check. Form in check and concentrate on gaining some mass.

Then and only if the desire to empty your wallet of hard earned cash should you even consider it.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by orangebluesun View Post
    And you, 6 month?????
    Impressive as well.
    Don't judge, tiny tim
    I "judge" because it's an asinine question. Your diet needs to be in line. 1000 calories a day is showing your ignorance on the subject. Instead of coming on here asking about supplements, why not do some research into what your diet should actually consist of? And then you can think of supplementing.

As for your dig at my size... go on with your bad self. By all means, post up pics about how your body is looking with 1000 calories a day and you being 207lbs.

edit: NM. I just realized I'm getting trolled by a chick that eats her 1000 calories a day in one meal

No pictures needed.
    Last edited by Juggertha; 07-16-2013 at 05:56 AM.
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    Diet and routine first , supplements later
    Yeah, the order of importance when beginning your new life via weight-training is 1) routine, 2) diet, 3) supps. When training the young men at my church, I always start them out in the gym with a routine that fits their goals (and I stress form, form, form, form - NOT WEIGHT). They keep asking me about protein and creatine and everything else. Get the basics first because that is the foundation upon which you will build for the rest of your life.
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by orangebluesun View Post
    I have been working out strictly for about a week or two now and just wanted to know if I should be incorporating supplements now? I am looking to add on lean muscle and loose some body fat.
    One of my issues is that I am not eating 4-6 meals a day, although when I do eat it's healthy. I am mostly taking in around 1000 calories (this is not intentionally) struggling with foods to eat and have tried pre packing but eating the same thing just about everyday is becoming boring (it sorta feels like eating left overs everyday). If there is any advice let me know.
    basically concerned about do I need to be taking supplements such as creatine, casein, EFA's etc; After all my goal is to gain muscle and loose fat (goal is to be swimsuit body type).
    You've been advised repeatedly in your previous threads to re-evaluate your nutrition, and based on this post, it's obvious you've not bothered to do that.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1077351571#top

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1019225513

Good luck meeting your fitness goals for 2013.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000) ElderJefferson is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    You've been advised repeatedly in your previous threads to re-evaluate your nutrition, and based on this post, it's obvious you've not bothered to do that.
    Oh man, is this one of those guys who keep asking for the sake of confirmation rather than education?

Should I take supps? Not yet
    Should I take supps? Sure
    Yes!
    "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38,39

"You've got more definition than a dictionary." -me

Current Ignore List (for consideration's sake :D ): Ancients, ImproperOne, A-GAME

Awww Dearrrr:
    First and foremost, you musttt be trolling meeeee, instead of being condescending and I still say judging you probably would have come out better giving concrete advice in the beginning. As far as the question(s) being asinine, I don't think so Mr. Weightlifting, oh I forgot, your name is "Mr. Sc
    hemansky". Oh, I forgot all together...what is your name? That's what I thought this forum was for, so that individuals could and can learn if they don't know. I'm assuming you have been in the game only 6 months, right or wrong? If not, then you need to remove it from yours. It does read "My 6 month progress thread."
    By the way, thanks for assisting me on what I should be asking.
    "Instead of coming on here asking about supplements, why not do some research into what your diet should actually consist of? And then you can think of supplementing. "
    I will post this as a thread.
    Once again, thanks dear.

Registered User OperationChisel's Avatar
    OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going against the grain here and suggest, why not try it. Protein supplement won't hurt after workouts. When I started lifting I was advised by my trainer to get a protein powder asap and I did. I didn't go nuts on the stuff, but I had a shake after workouts.

This is particularly helpful if you're struggling getting your nutrition in line, especially if not getting enough protein. Just get a reputable brand (read reviews on Bodybuilding.com supp store).
    www.42Workouts.com

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    i think op has lost the plot.

must be the heat....

have a nap and return with a thread asking about sups...
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Supplements are well....supplements. They are meant to supplement an existing diet that is already in check.
    That is all.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining