rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best tri grip oly plates and barbell in uk?

I'm gonna switch from my standard plates to olympic weights.. But I'm not sure what to choose.. I really like the look of tri grip plates.. and especially rubber tri grip plates ..for example the bodymax rubber radial plates from powerhouse fitness.. which ones would you recommend I should get? Would prefer some that are pretty accurate in weight and fairly aesthetic.. I'm unsure about the rubber plates because I heard they smell a lot the first couple of months.. or what about the gray bodypower trigrip plates?

also what barbell would you recommend? I have heard that the bodymax olympic bar has some chome flakes that come off every now and then.. does anyone here have one of those?

I found some barbells on strengshop .. and I'm interested in their "black oxide coated" bar for £89.99 or their "spring steel shaft" for £189.99

does anyone have any of those? and how do you like it?

also I guess its a good thing if the bar comes with end caps? I have never used olympic bars and have no idea what is good/bad.. should I choose needle bearings or brass bushing? what about shaft diameter? 28mm or more? I have pretty small hands so I guess 28mm is good? I don't do any olympic lifts.. just strength training/bodybuilding.. and I'm weak so I probably don't need the best of the best (yet)

other recommendations on trigrip plates or barbell from uk stores are welcome!

Thanks
    Attached Images

rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rj180 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bump

Location: Birmingham, Westmidlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000) owasM is just really nice. (+1000)
    strengthshop black oxide is the best cheapo bar you can get tbh, the 28mm grip is much better than the 32 or w.e a bodymax or bodypower bar is, also youll like the black oxide feel over crap chrome. (ive had both)

plates, bodypowers black machined plates are the best for the price, correct height and look good, and can always be refinished after years of abuse as opose to rubber being ruined.
    look on ebay though, theyre always on there.
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #4 -!!!---!!!-

iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iportal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As per above, go for the body power black machined plates, they're much better than the tri-grip version.

I've had my tri-grip plates for around a year and they look much older than that.

I've seen a couple of year old body power machined plates used in a commercial gym and they look great to be honest, good quality and feel great.