Thread: Pure Exhaustion

SoulNMotion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pure Exhaustion

Hey ladies (and helpful gents!),

I'm new to this forum, but I've been lurking a bit and I can't seem to find anything on exhaustion in general. I recently gained about 15 lbs in the last year due to stress and poor eating habits. Within the past couple of months, I have changed my eating habits and I am eating better. I am also currently getting myself into a normal work out routine because I want my old body back(or even better!) I'm a dancer and I was always lean and long until recently the past year and a half after some trauma. I have been tested for my thyroid and the only thing that comes up is that my rheumatoid numbers are high but I don't think that attributes to it. I do lead a hectic life style, but I'm trying real hard to put the time in to eat right and work out. I find I can't seem to push through my work outs and I get winded very very fast. I understand I'm not as fit as I used to be but why can't I seem to have a raise in energy? How long is that supposed to take, generally?

I'm a little frustrated, if I could get some help on this topic I would be so grateful! Even if I may have missed a forum post on this, anything would be greatly appreciated.

PS - My goal is to lose about 15-20 lbs and get myself down to about 15%-17% body fat. I would like to build strength and stamina. I want a full body transformation and I'm willing to take the steps in order to improve myself.

Thank you all,
    New to these endeavors...
    Victoria

WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WC12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SoulNMotion View Post
    Hey ladies (and helpful gents!),

I'm new to this forum, but I've been lurking a bit and I can't seem to find anything on exhaustion in general. I recently gained about 15 lbs in the last year due to stress and poor eating habits. Within the past couple of months, I have changed my eating habits and I am eating better. I am also currently getting myself into a normal work out routine because I want my old body back(or even better!) I'm a dancer and I was always lean and long until recently the past year and a half after some trauma. I have been tested for my thyroid and the only thing that comes up is that my rheumatoid numbers are high but I don't think that attributes to it. I do lead a hectic life style, but I'm trying real hard to put the time in to eat right and work out. I find I can't seem to push through my work outs and I get winded very very fast. I understand I'm not as fit as I used to be but why can't I seem to have a raise in energy? How long is that supposed to take, generally?

I'm a little frustrated, if I could get some help on this topic I would be so grateful! Even if I may have missed a forum post on this, anything would be greatly appreciated.

PS - My goal is to lose about 15-20 lbs and get myself down to about 15%-17% body fat. I would like to build strength and stamina. I want a full body transformation and I'm willing to take the steps in order to improve myself.

Thank you all,
    New to these endeavors...
    Victoria

Perhaps it is your diet? What does your typical daily diet consist of?

Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50) Running2live will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you sleeping enough?
    Are you eating enough?
    Also, perhaps your workouts are too hard for where your fitness level is now?

pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10) pandorakick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm not qualified nor do I have enough background information to give you adequate advise on your specific situation. That said, please make sure that your intake calorie-wise is adequate for your activity level. Also, building up fitness with accompanying stamina etc. isn't something that happens overnight. Take baby steps towards your goal and don't forget to take enough rest as well. That's when the body repairs itself and the actual steps forward are taken.

I wish you well in your endeavour!

Originally Posted by WC12 View Post
    Perhaps it is your diet? What does your typical daily diet consist of?
    I eat a lot of protein and vegetables, as well as some carbs. I have a bit of a sweet tooth so sugary items (ice cream, chocolate) are something I really fight with but I've been doing pretty well in that aspect. I've been cutting that stuff out for a while. My primary meals for breakfast are oatmeal with nuts and a fruit, lunch time tends to change... it can be a sandwich (turkey usually) with some kinds of vegetables. Dinner time I usually have some kind of a protein with vegetables and brown rice. I cook a lot of things, but generally this is what they consist of in terms of protein, veggies, fats, and sugars. I also make shakes when I can with lots of fruits and veggies (I love my berries!) My snacks are usually wasabi peas or trail mixes... sometimes a protein bar.

I'm trying to get in as enough sleep as possible but sometimes my schedule can be wonky. My moms in the hospital, I work and go to school so my time is very limited and I take whatever chances I get to sleep, eat, and work out as much as possible.

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you tracked what you eat accurately to see how it all adds up? I'd suspect that under eating would leave you with little energy. Couple that with poor recovery (could be due to poor sleep or too much working out or too little calories) and the stress of your busy schedule and I'd be exhausted too.

How many calories are you eating daily?

Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Have you tracked what you eat accurately to see how it all adds up? I'd suspect that under eating would leave you with little energy. Couple that with poor recovery (could be due to poor sleep or too much working out or too little calories) and the stress of your busy schedule and I'd be exhausted too.

How many calories are you eating daily?
    Calorie wise I'm completely unsure. I really should keep a food journal.

schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) schnauzers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Calorie wise I'm completely unsure. I really should keep a food journal.
    Yes, try it! At least for a few weeks. If you are under eating, you could fix that easily. Its an easy fix. And then you can put more effort into sleeping better and de stressing

[QUOTE=schnauzers;1102185443]Yes, try it! At least for a few weeks. If you are under eating, you could fix that easily. Its an easy fix. And then you can put more effort into sleeping better and de stressing [/QUOTE

Thank you so much schnauzers. I didn't think I was under eating, especially because I like to cook and eat when I can but you're right, I might just be doing that. Sleeping better is tough for me, but I do try to get naps in when I can! With my mom in the hospital and everything else going on I don't get enough me time... or any for that matter. I am currently working on fixing up the house so my mom has a very sterile and clean environment to stay in after her stem cell transplant is over. (Ripping up the rugs, putting down new flooring, patching up the walls... etc.)

[QUOTE=SoulNMotion;1102213383]
    Originally Posted by schnauzers View Post
    Yes, try it! At least for a few weeks. If you are under eating, you could fix that easily. Its an easy fix. And then you can put more effort into sleeping better and de stressing [/QUOTE

Thank you so much schnauzers. I didn't think I was under eating, especially because I like to cook and eat when I can but you're right, I might just be doing that. Sleeping better is tough for me, but I do try to get naps in when I can! With my mom in the hospital and everything else going on I don't get enough me time... or any for that matter. I am currently working on fixing up the house so my mom has a very sterile and clean environment to stay in after her stem cell transplant is over. (Ripping up the rugs, putting down new flooring, patching up the walls... etc.)
    No wonder you are exhausted Family first, physique later I'd say. Maybe scale back on the volume of your workouts a bit if you can't fix the sleep part of the equation right now.

Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Run4Kiddos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^^^^^ Everything above! You've got a lot going on right now it seems, which can drain you in all areas. Rest (when you can) eat, and let your workout(s) rejuvenate you, not add more stress.

Location: Richmond upon Thames, London, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Zero_Degreez has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Carbs are awesome for energy, they are not the enemy!

Thank you so much everyone. And don't worry Zero_Degreez, I still get my cards! They are in there! =)

I'm hoping the exhaustion goes away soon. My mother will be home in a week and hopefully I will be done with the floors and walls by them. I'm hoping by then I will be able to get some better sleep and really push myself onto this journey. I want to be healthy, strong, and fit more than I've ever wanted it before in my life. It's just something I took for granted for a long time until my body decided to change. =\

lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000) lca1986 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can say you eat heaps of protein and get your carbs in but at the end of the day if your not tracking everything, how do you know?

amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) amiaow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Heya, trying to fix a house and go to the gym doesn't often work- it just makes you totally run down. It's too much. When you're renovating, cut your gym sessions in half (I have been renovating our house for 3 years and when things ramp up on the renos I have to cut back to 2x/lifting or I become totally exhausted) and ensure you're getting enough food (which is usually a LOT of food when you're on your feet so much). Try to get control over your stress levels too- if you're tired and going to the gym seems too much, don't sweat it, just relax, do something you enjoy, take some deep breaths! It's good for you. Downtime/rest/recovery often makes the biggest difference to how you feel and how your body responds to what you're trying to make it do. Hope things improve for you soon.
    Training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151424793

Originally Posted by amiaow View Post
    Heya, trying to fix a house and go to the gym doesn't often work- it just makes you totally run down. It's too much. When you're renovating, cut your gym sessions in half (I have been renovating our house for 3 years and when things ramp up on the renos I have to cut back to 2x/lifting or I become totally exhausted) and ensure you're getting enough food (which is usually a LOT of food when you're on your feet so much). Try to get control over your stress levels too- if you're tired and going to the gym seems too much, don't sweat it, just relax, do something you enjoy, take some deep breaths! It's good for you. Downtime/rest/recovery often makes the biggest difference to how you feel and how your body responds to what you're trying to make it do. Hope things improve for you soon.
    I ended up taking off a day from class to just relax, sleep, and do what I needed to do! I'm noticing the differences in my body since I started working out. I will start tracking my calories, it's just kind of hard for me to do that right now but at least my mother is coming home this weekend.

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Running2live View Post
    Are you sleeping enough?
    Are you eating enough?
    Also, perhaps your workouts are too hard for where your fitness level is now?
    Yes remember you can't just jump right back to where you were before... I took two weeks off and had to scale it back quite a bit
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think you have gotten great advice, i just wanted to add something that i havent seen suggested yet.

If you can cover it financially, try and work a massage into your schedule. I know a lot of people think of it as a "splurge" or "pampering" and it is, but i also look at it as taking care of my body, especially if you train a lot. And with all of the things going on in your life, it might really help you to take an hour and release the tension and adhesions in your muscles. You might find it will help you sleep and recover.

Personally I go for one every month, if i could afford it, i would go every week! I find that it helps with a lot of issues, from tension, headaches, insomnia, anxiety, ROM, and i feel it helps with my training.

I have learned that my body tells me when i need one, and what type i need. Sometimes you have to slow it down and take care of yourself too!
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50) sbhf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I eat a lot of protein and vegetables, as well as some carbs. I have a bit of a sweet tooth so sugary items (ice cream, chocolate) are something I really fight with but I've been doing pretty well in that aspect. I've been cutting that stuff out for a while. My primary meals for breakfast are oatmeal with nuts and a fruit, lunch time tends to change... it can be a sandwich (turkey usually) with some kinds of vegetables. Dinner time I usually have some kind of a protein with vegetables and brown rice. I cook a lot of things, but generally this is what they consist of in terms of protein, veggies, fats, and sugars. I also make shakes when I can with lots of fruits and veggies (I love my berries!) My snacks are usually wasabi peas or trail mixes... sometimes a protein bar.

I'm trying to get in as enough sleep as possible but sometimes my schedule can be wonky. My moms in the hospital, I work and go to school so my time is very limited and I take whatever chances I get to sleep, eat, and work out as much as possible.

Your getting some good advice here but the one thing you have to do is make sure that your eating enough carbohydrate. It's the bodies prefered source of energy.. protein is not energy food and veges are low cal carbs so if what you have written is correct your most likely way short on your daily caloric intake.

Keep in mind with everything that is going on in your life with your mum especially you will be using up way more energy each day than you realize and are used to. Under these circumstance you have to be stressed, both emotionally and physically and that will add 00's of extra calories to your daily expenditure.

You have to make your calorie tracking a priority and not only for right now but for all time if you are wanting to get into the best shape of your life. Use this time to think about things, get organized to begin lifting, such as getting your nutrition sorted out, figure out how many calories you should be consuming each day, break that down into your macros and just go walk and suck in some fresh air and be kind to yourself until this busy period is over. As your begin to eat more, and your stress levels start to subside you will find that you have more energy again to go hit the weights and get into the best shape of your life.

Personally I would not punch in numbers to a computer to get your daily caloric requirements, In all my time in the industry there have been 00's of people doing this then coming to me because they cannot seem to lose fat/ gain muscle. They are kind of inaccurate and can cause you more trouble than they are worth.
    If you don't know anyone that can do this calculation manually and know how to read the results then contact me and I will send you the information to be able to do this or am happy to help you out and do it for you with suggestions. I am not trying to sell you anything, I have been in the biz for 30 years or more and have all this info and forms readily available. It is free of charge as I am currently semi retired and look upon this as community service... I don't need to sell stuff. My mission is to spread the science of weight lifting to anyone willing to listen. No pressure.