ojingram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carb-free fried chicken

This is my first post on BB forum so hope this is okay.
    Chicken breast can become boring on keto when you can't have many sauces so I thought I'd make a carb free fried chicken dish.

For the coating I use milled flaxseed, naturally low carb and very fatty. Mix with some salt and pepper and some seasoning (I used jerk for the spice). Then butterfly your chicken breast and flatten it nice and thin. If its damp enough toss it straight into the flax mix and coat well. If the breast is slightly dry you may need egg to make the mix stick.

Heat up the frying pan and drizzle in some oil or coconut oil and fry until cooked. Literally love having this smothered in mayo!

Enjoy

starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) starnes22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sounds delicious I might have to try this next we cook chicken strips at our house (only one in the house that does keto) Except I like mine smothered in ranch thanks for the idea

Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Shelk87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can also do a similar breading if you use smashed up pork rinds. Adds a bacon flavour to the chicken. I never would have thought flax meal though, I'll have to try that next.

LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LordMarcus6 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds great, will definitely check it out. (Bye bye chicken and mayo)

ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ezjax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i have done this before. How do you get the seeds to not taste burnt?

kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kylemnhn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am doing this for all my chicken now
    IG: Infamous_dedication

Subscribe to Cret-Nation Community
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159699471

llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50) llidisky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Unsweetened coconut works as a good breading for chicken and shrimp as well

lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lawrencep93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Make sure you use coconut oil, butter or animal fat to fry it. Last time I used a mix of butter, beef tallow and bacon fat and coconut oil, was tasty.

I would avoid all seed and vegetable oils.

Keep olive oil and oil high in mono-unsaturated fat, raw or very very low heats.

mac28024 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Lawrence, can you expand on the reason for keeping olive oil and oils high in mono-unsaturated fats at a low cooking temp? I've never heard that before, just curious.

CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CommitedToFit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mac28024 View Post
    Hey Lawrence, can you expand on the reason for keeping olive oil and oils high in mono-unsaturated fats at a low cooking temp? I've never heard that before, just curious.
    Olive oil and other mono-unsaturated oils have a very low smoke point. When any oil hits its smoke point, a few things happen: It will oxidize, which breaks down health fat molecules like oleic acid, and the oil will hydrogenate, which converts mono-unsaturated fats into trans fats. Essentially, if you overheat these types of oils, you kill many of the health benefits completely.

I use olive oil as a drizzle, as a sauce additive, to "brush" on things when roasting at temperatures at or less than 375F, or as a poaching medium (mostly for fish).

To contribute to the thread at hand, i've found milled flaxseed, unsweetened coconut, crushed pork rind, parmesan cheese, and ground almond/walnut/pecan to all be excellent breading for chicken. You can mix them in a number of ways for a lot of different effects and flavors.

XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Do not put egg in your flaxseed to make it stick. I did it about 45 minutes ago and i would have had to have used about 6 eggs to make it even close to a batter. I think i would have been much better off without the egg in it.
    Professional Athlete Crew
    Former D1 Athlete Crew
    Bald but dates a dime Crew

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by XinApoK View Post
    Do not put egg in your flaxseed to make it stick. I did it about 45 minutes ago and i would have had to have used about 6 eggs to make it even close to a batter. I think i would have been much better off without the egg in it.
    When he said you may need to use egg, he meant dip or brush the egg on the chicken so the "breading" will stick, not to make a batter out of the breading and egg mixture.
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=MetilHed;1289376831]When he said you may need to use egg, he meant dip or brush the egg on the chicken so the "breading" will stick, not to make a batter out of the breading and egg mixture.[/QUOTE

Live and learn. Thank you.
    Professional Athlete Crew
    Former D1 Athlete Crew
    Bald but dates a dime Crew

jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jessica693254 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow just great,even diet during workout can be so delicious i can't wait to try this