Commencement has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The Big 3 Form Check (Beginner)

Hey guys, I have a few form videos for you guys to check out of my squat, deadlift, and bench press. I don’t ask for a full in-depth analysis or to analyze all three at once. Small tips will be just as appreciated!

Stats:
    Weight: 192lbs
    Height: 6’0”
    Goals: Strength training
    Program: ICF 5x5 by Jason Blaha

I started a few months ago not being able to bench more than 95lbs and squat more than 135lbs. I’ve always been interested in powerlifting/strongman and that is something I will definitely pursue in the future, but I’d rather build a proper foundation first before worrying about all the small details of those sports. And because of that, I need to make sure my form is in check with my goals.

Squat

The first three shots are my working sets of 3x5 @ 235lbs (105kg)
    The fourth shot is an extra set of 1x10+ @135lbs (60kg)

Some things I noticed:
    - The elbows are flared back initially, but they remain in line with the rest of the torso while doing the movement. I assume this is okay for my grip placement (pinkies on rings), but correct me if I’m wrong.
    - At the bottom of the movement, the center of the bar seems to rest over the knee as opposed to over the foot. Is this an issue with bar placement? Or am I leaning forward too much? Am I over-thinking mechanics?
    - Depth seems to be parallel, but it could be improved by another inch/half-inch. I’ll lower the pins another inch and slowly work on increasing depth.
    - I need to use my abdominal muscles more.

Deadlift

The shot is my working set of 1x5 @ 285lbs (125kg)

Some things I noticed:
    - I should probably learn to deadlift with my head down at the bottom of the movement to avoid neck pain.
    - No excessive curving of back; keeping good thoracic extension.
    - By the time I do the deadlift, my hands are incredibly sweaty. On the last rep of the set, I was about to drop the bar at the top. I really don’t want to add chalk or alternate my grip until about 315lbs, but if push comes to shove I might have to.

Bench Press

Four shots of my working set of 5x5 @ 170lbs (75kg)

Some things I noticed:
    - I think my bench press is the exercise that needs the most work.
    - My wrists are too far back from the bar; they are causing me pain. I need to remember to grip the bar as hard as possible and rip it apart.
    - Grip placement: ring/pinkie finger on rings.
    - I touch my lower chest about an inch away from my nipple line.
    - The arch is allowing me to keep my core incredibly tight, but I sometimes forget to use the most out of my leg drive. Is there a better set-up that will allow me to use better leg drive?
    - Scapula is retracted throughout the entire movement on most reps. On some reps, it relaxes at the top of the movement.
    - I need to remind myself to pause at the bottom for a split longer. Some reps are okay, but some reps I’m just bouncing it off my chest to get it up.
    - Are my elbows tucked in enough?
    - I notice when I fail or am about to fail, I can only get a few inches off my chest. What is the limiting factor here? Chest? Triceps? Lack of glute activation/leg drive?

Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chaosvash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Everything is completely fine except try not to shoot your ass up so early on deadlifts so you're not basically straight legging it every rep, and maybe yea the wrists on bench looks like it could be uncomfortable, try keeping bar as low as possible on your palm.