Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)

The devil of Diet Coke??? An experiment

Im running a journal over in that section and posted this and someone recommended I repeat it here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...93&pagenumber=
    ************************************************** ******************************

A new "experiment" with an n=1.

Over the years I and a zillion others who have cut or tried to lose fat have used diet soft drinks to fill the gap quench the thirst and otherwise get us thru the ordeal.

Now this study reveals that besides not doing anything to really help...it may be doing THE OPPOSITE and actively damaging your efforts to lose fat.

Me personally I have consumed close to 1-1.5 liters a day for a long time. On top of that when its getting really hard, I'll use that sugarless gum and often chew thru a pack.

And over the years and for a variety of reasons the effort to lose body fat has become quite the ordeal. Calorie restriction to the max and maximum cardio. This year as an example I was gaining wight on 1800 cals & needed to cut to 1200 to see some loss and have been so restricted since March.

Plus the 4-6 hours cardio each week.

So....I decided to see how it will go if I swear off all the diet coke and the gum. Wanna see if the metabolism responds.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...up-metabolisms
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154678393

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

"Conceive. Believe. Perceive. Achieve", RMW

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've tried it and noticed no difference, but perhaps if you are more precise about it you'll find it does affect you in a real way.

Link seems to be not working though.

HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000) HDStretchman is just really nice. (+1000)
    There may be some truth to this. I noticed a difference when I switched from using the pink and blue stuff to the yellow stuff. Artificial sweeteners, that is.
    *Security Officer Crew*
    *Harley-Davidson Crew*
    Dietary Macros matter. Read the stickies.
    "Losers make excuses, Winners make progress."

SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000) SleeperService is just really nice. (+1000)
    I lost over 25lbs by switching from normal Coke to Diet Coke and haven't put it back on.

But interested to see how this pans out for you.
    Squat (noun) A means of helping men understand what it feels like to give birth.

yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000) yakabebe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    I've tried it and noticed no difference, but perhaps if you are more precise about it you'll find it does affect you in a real way.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...up-metabolisms

If a guy's working harder than me - doing more than me - he fking well deserves to beat me.

Simple plan.

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    excuse grammar as my diet coke is in the fridge.

Walking proof that drinking 1.25 - 3 litres of the diet stuff drank and i still consistently lost 1.3 - 2 pounds a week. My diet was strict and my cardio as most of you probably know is totally non existent... I will cardio next year after a bulk and cut for 2014 summer.

I do however understand that aspartime is not really a good choice for humans along with the phennylalanine but i dont drink, smoke or eat anything other than whole, unprocessed foods. I want just this one thing to keep me sane.

Experiment.

Did you know you have as much chance of a bee or wasp flying inside your DIET coke as you have an elephant flying inside it....

Pour diet coke on the floor and watch all insects walk round it.....

They do not consume it... So why on earth do we????

Simple. We as humans care for nothing when it comes to processed, unreal foods and beverages..... shameful to say why most of the population is becoming so fatomorphic.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yak ran across this article today on Fox News. Nothing new in it but just in case it interests you:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...ntcmp=features

Edit looks like CNN has jumped on board today too:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/0...ood/?hpt=hp_c3
    Last edited by Jtbny; 07-11-2013 at 04:41 AM.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    subscribed.

Interested to see hear your thoughts.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    While anecdotal, I never see skinny people drink diet drinks. Something to it I think. I'm trying to remember the study I saw, but basically it said that diet drinks lead to increased hunger later as there's a mismatch between satiety and insulin resulting in increased ghrelin. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Personally, I've never drank them simply because they taste like ass.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I wonder if the negative effects are mitigated if you only have diet sodas with meals?

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    While anecdotal, I never see skinny people drink diet drinks. Something to it I think. I'm trying to remember the study I saw, but basically it said that diet drinks lead to increased hunger later as there's a mismatch between satiety and insulin resulting in increased ghrelin. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Funny how after such bulking treats like ben n jerrys or a snickers then try diet coke it then to me tastes like ass, big time.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My expereince is much different but I worked in the "industry" for many years. I'm currently not skinny, but addicted to diet soda I'm trying real hard to kick the Coke Zero/Pepsi Max addiction but I'm weak
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    My expereince is much different but I worked in the "industry" for many years. I'm currently not skinny, but addicted to diet soda I'm trying real hard to kick the Coke Zero/Pepsi Max addiction but I'm weak
    Change to coffee and beer

Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post

Fixed...I think

Originally Posted by SleeperService View Post
    I lost over 25lbs by switching from normal Coke to Diet Coke and haven't put it back on.

But interested to see how this pans out for you.
    I find absolutely everyones metabolism is different and it may be what works for one is a disaster for another. Take medicine. Aspirin, even. For most its a pain killer...for others it kills them. At this stage I'll look at anything

As the saying goes when youve eliminated everything that is possible...all that's left is the impossible!

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    excuse grammar as my diet coke is in the fridge.

Walking proof that drinking 1.25 - 3 litres of the diet stuff drank and i still consistently lost 1.3 - 2 pounds a week. My diet was strict and my cardio as most of you probably know is totally non existent... I will cardio next year after a bulk and cut for 2014 summer.

I do however understand that aspartime is not really a good choice for humans along with the phennylalanine but i dont drink, smoke or eat anything other than whole, unprocessed foods. I want just this one thing to keep me sane.

Experiment.

Did you know you have as much chance of a bee or wasp flying inside your DIET coke as you have an elephant flying inside it....

Pour diet coke on the floor and watch all insects walk round it.....

They do not consume it... So why on earth do we????

Simple. We as humans care for nothing when it comes to processed, unreal foods and beverages..... shameful to say why most of the population is becoming so fatomorphic.
    Lot of truth there!

Yak ran across this article today on Fox News. Nothing new in it but just in case it interests you:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/0...ntcmp=features

Edit looks like CNN has jumped on board today too:

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/0...ood/?hpt=hp_c3
    Yeah had a look thanks.

Originally Posted by michail71 View Post
    I wonder if the negative effects are mitigated if you only have diet sodas with meals?
    Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Funny how after such bulking treats like ben n jerrys or a snickers then try diet coke it then to me tastes like ass, big time.
    Funny how ass works itsqay into almost everthing..

Good luck
    Hell with it...just the beer

Simple plan.

Registered User PersonaNonGrata's Avatar
    PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000) PersonaNonGrata is just really nice. (+1000)
    My choice too - i drink maybe 2-3 cans of diet soda a week, but i start most days with 4 or 5 quadruple espressos and end most days with beer/wine/bourbon.... over a year now at a steady 8% bodyfat give or take

That said, the harmful side effects of aspartame are grossly exaggerated based on the studies i've read - most of the myths are propagated by the powerful corn syrup/hfcs industry in the US and the equally powerful sugar industry in Europe

PTECullum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PTECullum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would love to know the answer to this, I live off the stuff when cutting!

MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/big-...makes-you-fat/

That article has some good points in it. I have noticed everyone who drinks diet coke always drinks a lot more than most people who don't drink it. I only drink water and green tea with occasional sweet tea so Ive never been into soda but my parents drink it.

I honestly think with what is in it it's better to avoid it but if you live an otherwise healthy lifestyle and it keeps you sane then it can't be much worse than drinking a lot of alcohol or smoking, right?

I did recently tell my dad he didn't need to drink it (mom drinks it because she's diabetic) and he has stopped and just drinks the occasional regular Pepsi or Pepsi throw back. He's lost a few pounds despite having a less than ideal diet (fast food, cookies, etc) whether or not that is due to the diet coke or his conscious effort to avoid it I'm not sure. I think a lot of people think since it is diet they can drink a gallon of it vs. "treating yourself" to one regular coke now and then, which given the ingredient list must have adverse effects.

Originally Posted by MandyPandy28 View Post
    http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/big-...makes-you-fat/

That article has some good points in it. I have noticed everyone who drinks diet coke always drinks a lot more than most people who don't drink it. I only drink water and green tea with occasional sweet tea so Ive never been into soda but my parents drink it.

I honestly think with what is in it it's better to avoid it but if you live an otherwise healthy lifestyle and it keeps you sane then it can't be much worse than drinking a lot of alcohol or smoking, right?

I did recently tell my dad he didn't need to drink it (mom drinks it because she's diabetic) and he has stopped and just drinks the occasional regular Pepsi or Pepsi throw back. He's lost a few pounds despite having a less than ideal diet (fast food, cookies, etc) whether or not that is due to the diet coke or his conscious effort to avoid it I'm not sure. I think a lot of people think since it is diet they can drink a gallon of it vs. "treating yourself" to one regular coke now and then, which given the ingredient list must have adverse effects.
    Saw your age and was going to say to get lost. Then saw Avi and changed my mind.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Back when I was a waiter my favorite was "We will have appetizers, huge meals, dessert, oh and a diet coke"

ALWAYS a diet coke.

My parents have drunk diet soft drinks since Tab (gag) came out. I've never been able to drink the stuff due to it tasting horrible. Guess who the skinny one in the family is?

That being said I doubt its the diet drinkis causing the problem, but the psychological side "Hey we are fat, lets drink diet, problem solved!"

I do wonder if for some people it does affect them differently, genetics can be fun, I'm one of the 10% or so that thinks cilantro tastes like soap and lawn clippings, and thats genetic.
    Last edited by AAOBob; 07-11-2013 at 06:27 AM.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MandyPandy28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Saw your age and was going to say to get lost. Then saw Avi and changed my mind.
    Oh whoops! I take it this is a section I'm not supposed to be in haha. I'm on my phone and the mobile site doesn't show me where threads are posted only "today's posts"

Sorry

Originally Posted by MandyPandy28 View Post
    Oh whoops! I take it this is a section I'm not supposed to be in haha. I'm on my phone and the mobile site doesn't show me where threads are posted only "today's posts"

Sorry
    You wandered into the old people section. Be sure to pick up a complimentary pair of protective undergarments on the way out.

Originally Posted by AAOBob View Post
    Back when I was a waiter my favorite was "We will have appetizers, huge meals, dessert, oh and a diet coke"

ALWAYS a diet coke.

My parents have drunk diet soft drinks since Tab (gag) came out. I've never been able to drink the stuff due to it tasting horrible. Guess who the skinny one in the family is?

That being said I doubt its the diet drinkis causing the problem, but the psychological side "Hey we are fat, lets drink diet, problem solved!".
    Well I always order a diet soda when I'm out. I'd rather eat my calories rather than drink them. I don't see anything wrong with that actually. I tend to drink a higher amount of liquids than most people so a dinner out drinking regular soda can easily reach 1000cals.
    ☻/
    /▌

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to be a big time diet Pepsi drinker and basically stopped drinking soda unless I'm at a restaurant. I've been doing this for the last couple of years, basically going from a case of diet soda a week to maybe 1 or 2 tops a week. Now I mainly drink water, occasionally crystal light, I'll have 1 cup of coffee in the morning and I occasionally drink a couple of beers.

All that said, I've still found that when it comes to losing weight, it's still calories in vs calories out. When I gain weight, most of it goes to my gut and when I lose weight, most of it comes off my gut.
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well I always order a diet soda when I'm out. I'd rather eat my calories rather than drink them. I don't see anything wrong with that actually. I tend to drink a higher amount of liquids than most people so a dinner out drinking regular soda can easily reach 1000cals.
    I'm not saying its not better to have the diet, but the logic behind having the diet. Your logic makes sense, but I think for most people they have convinced themselves or been convinced that soda is to blame for their issues, not their over all lifestyle.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's both funny and sad that some of the people lending an "ear" to the diet coke article decried so vehemently the video Kraken posted when it was saying the exact same thing (and more).

To be honest, when I heard this info on the news this morning, I turned to my wife and said, "This has been common knowledge for years. What the hell?"
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet coke hasn't made me hungry or crave anything. I generally don't think twice about it. I also don't have a sweet tooth, but in general if your discipline is such that you're going to overeat on twinkies after drinking diet coke you're probably going to be raiding them out of the cabinet anyway without the diet coke. In the end the want to eat what's available is there no matter what, and it still amounts to discipline.

I have not had any perceptible changes in blood sugar from drinking diet soda. I go through phases where I'll drink it all the time and not drink it at all and it all seems the same to me.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Originally Posted by AAOBob View Post
    I'm not saying its not better to have the diet, but the logic behind having the diet. Your logic makes sense, but I think for most people they have convinced themselves or been convinced that soda is to blame for their issues, not their over all lifestyle.
    It's the halo effect
    ☻/
    /▌

reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50) reduni will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm not a diet soda drinker at all. Can't stand the aftertaste. Don"t drink much in the way of pop (for all you canadians out there ) either though. If I do consume it it's as mix in a drink. I'm a beer and coffee person although not necessarily in that order

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    Diet coke hasn't made me hungry or crave anything. I generally don't think twice about it. I also don't have a sweet tooth, but in general if your discipline is such that you're going to overeat on twinkies after drinking diet coke you're probably going to be raiding them out of the cabinet anyway without the diet coke. In the end the want to eat what's available is there no matter what, and it still amounts to discipline.

I have not had any perceptible changes in blood sugar from drinking diet soda. I go through phases where I'll drink it all the time and not drink it at all and it all seems the same to me.
    See that's what I say when I read studies about drinking diet soda leading to overeating. It has the opposite effect on me. For me it curbs my appetite. Now for actually having some sort of hormonal or chemical effect I haven't a clue.

I will say for dropping weight, Coke Zero and Extra Sugar Free Bubble Gum were a great combination. Maybe my insides have been ravaged because of them but I'm not as fat
    ☻/
    /▌

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Yes, but I'm skeptical that there's a [strong] causal relationship. Think about the people that are most motivated to drink diet drinks - those who are overweight. Unless one accepts that only thing that pushes daily intake into a surplus is non-diet soda then there's no reason to think that the cause of the excess is the soda itself. Perhaps insulin/regulation is part of the equation but in terms of obesity and artificial sweeteners I'm going to put my money on a third order effect, at best.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX