thegipeshow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

football carrer over. thinking about crossfit?

I have seriously thought about trying to compete in the crossfit games in time. Idk how or what to do. I have played football my whole entire life. (25 now) and well I have always trained to play football. Never really have ran over 2 miles in my life and that's not by choice. (Per army PT) test. I don't really know much about it all and was just wondering if this would be a good and easy transition seeing as ik the Olympic lifts pretty well.

GT98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by thegipeshow View Post
    I have seriously thought about trying to compete in the crossfit games in time. Idk how or what to do. I have played football my whole entire life. (25 now) and well I have always trained to play football. Never really have ran over 2 miles in my life and that's not by choice. (Per army PT) test. I don't really know much about it all and was just wondering if this would be a good and easy transition seeing as ik the Olympic lifts pretty well.
    Crossfit is a great transition and will still give you the competitive team atmosphere. The hard part is finding the right crossfit gym that will offer proper guidance and train you under your parameters and not theirs (a lot of crossfit gyms want you doing the prescribed male/female weights for WODs so they can qualify athletes for events which in turn brings publicity to that gym.

As far as the exercises themselves, playing football you've probably done all of it but not in the high speed as many reps/rounds as possible routine. Give it a shot and see if it's something that's a good fit. If its something you stick with I can promise you you'll be faster and stronger than you've ever been.