Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

******Honey Stinger July Give Away: Protien Bars******

Alright Folks,

I'm giving away 2 boxes of our 10g Cherry Mocha Caffeinated Protein Bar; 1 box to 2 separate winners. These are the best tasting protein bar out there.

Here's the task:

What's the weirdest place you have worked out, using the weirdest alternative to actual weights? Some back hallway of your office building doing squats by picking up half a desk? Your buddy's hay barn dead lifting a live calf? A shipyard using a link from a large anchor chain? What story do you have, or is it always the same old gym? How do you keep the workout going, even if your routine and place change? Hopefully this will get some fun responses...

Once again, I'll arbitrarily pick my favorite in about 2 weeks and send out the product. Hoping that if you like it you'll post up a great review and spread the word...

Good Luck!

Ben
    Honey Stinger forum rep

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hon/hon.htm

nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nilekyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    in for some crazy stories

the story that pops out in my head the most is:

when I first started getting into bodybuilding and didn't have a gym membership or weights (when I was 15 or so) I went to a near by lake to and found two big jagged rocks and brought them home with me so I could curl (in secret) in my garage. they were pretty sharp and jagged and would cut up my hands sometimes. I would just curl until my arms got tired.

I eventually got a gym membership upgraded from rocks (how does one upgrade from rocks?) and got a gym membership and learned how to lift properly.
    Awards:
    - 2014 Forum Member of the Year
    (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/best-of-bodybuilding-writers-articles-videos-photos-more.html)

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆Forum Buddy★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
    Get notifications when someone quotes your post on the bodybuilding forums!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163352861
    ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HoneyStinger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm hoping for some good entertainment...
    Honey Stinger forum rep

lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HoneyStinger View Post
    Alright Folks,

I'm giving away 2 boxes of our 10g Cherry Mocha Caffeinated Protein Bar; 1 box to 2 separate winners. These are the best tasting protein bar out there.

Here's the task:

What's the weirdest place you have worked out, using the weirdest alternative to actual weights? Some back hallway of your office building doing squats by picking up half a desk? Your buddy's hay barn dead lifting a live calf? A shipyard using a link from a large anchor chain? What story do you have, or is it always the same old gym? How do you keep the workout going, even if your routine and place change? Hopefully this will get some fun responses...

Once again, I'll arbitrarily pick my favorite in about 2 weeks and send out the product. Hoping that if you like it you'll post up a great review and spread the word...

Good Luck!

Ben
    Before I had weights, I was a farm Boy. Bailing Hay/moving hay/stacking it is a big job. bails are generally about 40 lbs a piece and we had 3 hay fields producing over 6000 bails. Used to climb the hay wagon and throw them on to an elevator into our hay mow! From there you had to stack them flat and evenly all the way to the top of the hay mow (60ft high) Not to mention rolling round hay bails through fields and they weigh an upward of 1500lbs! That builds some endurance! Carrying over 50 20 gallon pails filled with grain and water for horses in a pasture was a good way to build the traps and forearm/grip strength, and that was a daily chore!

Also Yes I have helped birth baby calves and foals (horses) and when theyre small theyre cute, so theres definitely been pictures taken with us holding a baby calves Carrying/curling 50lb bags of cat food or dog food and emptying it into a bin was also a favorite!

And cardio you asked? Well none other than playing tennis against yourself on a barn roof or with cousins. All you do is take a tennis racket, a ball, hit it off the upper half of a wall on a barn and then chase after it in between chores. First one to let it bounce twice lost!

Other than that shoulder pressing tires up on a tractor thats been lifted and lifting engines out is also good for the lower back. Way back before we had weights Everyone was "farmer strong" and thats how I learned and started to love weightlifting!

Also it's funny because we had one of those cheesy weight benches where the holders for the bar are set up really close LIKE THIS and we used to take a metal rod used as a fence post and fill up two 20 gallon buckets of water and see who could bench the bar the most times with the buckets on! (you lost a rep if you spilled lots of water)

Theres many more ideas but those are the ones I can remember!

Would love to try and review the bars!
    Last edited by lifthard72; 07-10-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: i cant spell

rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000) rubylowkz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice promo!

Lifthard, I also grew up in farm country throwing hay... First time I was in charge of stacking I screwed it up real bad and the guy that hired me went off. Of course, that might be what you get for leaving a 13 yr old that your paying $3 an hour in charge. Actually his 16 yr old son was in charge, but he put me on stacking, cause he new his alcoholic dad wouldn't be happy no matter what. I think I got off easy, cause I'm pretty sure he got a beating.
    Honey Stinger forum rep

lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000) lifthard72 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lifthard, I also grew up in farm country throwing hay... First time I was in charge of stacking I screwed it up real bad and the guy that hired me went off. Of course, that might be what you get for leaving a 13 yr old that your paying $3 an hour in charge. Actually his 16 yr old son was in charge, but he put me on stacking, cause he new his alcoholic dad wouldn't be happy no matter what. I think I got off easy, cause I'm pretty sure he got a beating.
    Sh*t man I know how that goes, luckily Mine was all for family so it was usually pretty fun! ITS WORK, and I know youll definitely understand the work that gets put into a farm! Ive heard some pretty bad stories, especially the older guys who live on the farm and theyve been doing it al their life etc! And as far as getting in trouble for stacking, I dont see a way you can screw it up THAT bad to be getting yelled at that much! even if it was stacked the wrong way you got the job done right?!? Jeez, we threw bails at each other and pushed each other off the hay mows half the time

Originally Posted by lifthard72 View Post
    Sh*t man I know how that goes, luckily Mine was all for family so it was usually pretty fun! ITS WORK, and I know youll definitely understand the work that gets put into a farm! Ive heard some pretty bad stories, especially the older guys who live on the farm and theyve been doing it al their life etc! And as far as getting in trouble for stacking, I dont see a way you can screw it up THAT bad to be getting yelled at that much! even if it was stacked the wrong way you got the job done right?!? Jeez, we threw bails at each other and pushed each other off the hay mows half the time
    This was a pretty unhappy guy... Maybe a bit of OCD also.
    Honey Stinger forum rep

bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bowskie69 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At my mothers home, in the spare bedroom using plastic bags filled with canned goods for cirquit training is BOSS!

I've also performed squats in my living room with my fiance on my shoulders.
    ISSA CFT
    Un Roy, Une Foi, Une Loi
    I Am Mutant!: http://iammutant.com/social/news-04-27-11.php

mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000) mcapote3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I once was rolling (grappling) in the back room of a church with a priest who wanted to learn jiu jitsu while people were doing a baptism in the church.
    Logs: none currently

previous sponsored logs and reviews can be seen here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158128363

Weight lost to date: 100lbs

JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JayAche is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In for some protein bars,

I think their most weird thing I've done to compensate for missing lifting is;

I go on 2-3 week long vacations a summer, and ill refuse to unpack a couple of my bags so that I can use them to do Bi/Tri/Shoulder/Back/Chest workouts.

Some curls... Some Shoulder Raises... Press my Suitcase... Etc
    (LOG) Magnum Nutraceuticals Stack ( Big C / Hi-5 / Limitless / Quattro )
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170453631&p=1422543621#post1422543621

Current PR's
    Squat 365x1 --- DeadLift 425x1 --- Bench 335x1

Originally Posted by bowskie69 View Post
    At my mothers home, in the spare bedroom using plastic bags filled with canned goods for cirquit training is BOSS!

I've also performed squats in my living room with my fiance on my shoulders.
    Love the plastic bag idea. Never been smart enough to put that together, though I have looked at my pantry full of cans many times, wondering how I could use them to work out...
    Honey Stinger forum rep

Cant forget I also work in a marina/boat accessory store, we carry tubes you pull behind a boat etc. I used to grab heavier ones and carry them aroud the store for the hell of it rather than use a hand cart to lift them! Good forearm strength! almost like a farmers walk. Same with anchors, Ill on occasion grab a couple anchors and carry them around! Just an idea for any others in the situation Im in!

Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000)
    When I was deployed, we used anything and everything we could find. More often than not it was centered around objects from the motorpool. Ever deadlift multiple HMMWV tires by wrapping ropes around poles too big to get your hands around? If we couldn't find anything heavy or for the light folks, we would just use Gas and water canisters. Curling full .50 cal ammo cans before they were mounted up. Good times.

Thanks for making me think of this stuff today! Good memories.

Edit: Honeystinger wants images so here's a good one. It was a lot like this.

Last edited by Ljonhjarta; 07-11-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    On Wisconsin! Go Pack Go! Go Brew Crew!

US Army Veteran

ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So, me and my friends went to the gym to go work out. Me and one of my other friends didnt have a membership so we were going to use a 7 day gym trial so we could get in with our other 2 friends but the person wouldent let us in because it was already too late, about 9pm, and the person to let trial members was already off. So after trying to persuade ourselves in with no success, we decided to go to walmart becuse my friend wanted to get some snacks. The car driv over to walmart, we were talking about how much more we could lift than eachother because we are very competitive so i said, "They have weights in walmart, lets see who can lift more right now." He thought i was joking so we went straight to the weights and then i started curling and when people past by, i would just say things like, "Yea, these seem about right" or "I dont know, maybe i need a higher weight." We ended up doing 4 sets each of arm curls one at a time and the both at the same time and hammers and then we tried doing chest a bit but we had to lat on the ground so it was really awkward so we only did 2 sets for our chest. And then after working out in walmart for about 50mins we went for what we originally came for and then left.

also before i had a membership, i didnt have any weights and all i had was a back pack and water bottles so i would fill my backpack up with as much water bottles as i could curl and i would use that as my dumbbell and then i would put it on my back for some weighted push ups to try and hit my chest. Before i used the backpack though, i had this huge crow bar that weighed about 20lbs that i would use but it was too long and it would always be hitting something in my room when i would curl it haha (back then, all i knew was curling and push ups lol)

Great stories guys! Keep them coming!
    Honey Stinger forum rep

ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ShreddedBruh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome promo !! Def some great prizes get your stories in here

End of the work day bump. Keep em coming...
    Honey Stinger forum rep

Resident in the Skynet lowroller21212's Avatar
    lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ShreddedBruh View Post
    Awesome promo !! Def some great prizes get your stories in here
    ^This. Amazing bar stack and in a good mood for some stories!
    Gabber Crew since 2005

The path of the Warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying on the path. - Richard S. Heckler

If you wanna make an omelette you gotta break some eggs - Tyler Durden

#FEECTING

stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stephenlatsha is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So just graduated highschool and you know how us seniors are we like to party! So we went down to senior week! I also like to add all my buddies i went down with we all met by lifting so we were prob the HUGEST KIDS DOWN THE BEACH. But the one day we all got hammered and we were talking about how we all met by lifting so were like lets lift! So im like Yucha!(my buddy) Get on top of me and lemme squat you so im squatting him and then everybody else started picking other people up and squatting them hahah it was awesome. We did 3 lifts, Squat,deadlift,and bench and haha deadlift was hard cause its really hard to pick up someone on the ground but thats the weirdest lifting i ever done.
    Reviews:
    to many^
    log (10days): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155575203&p=1104931703#post1104931703
    19 years old
    Diet:
    IIFYM

** VEGA BACK IN BLACK CREW **

mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mswhittinghill is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd like to see some pics of these crazy work outs

Great promo Ben!
    Attached Images

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stinger waffles are so addicting! Awesome promo here.
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000) Quadzilla99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Used to push my buddy's Ford Bronco around the school parking lot for training for football in high school and one time just for kicks tried to see how far I could push it on the grass pushed it for like 45 minutes that way with little rests made it a pretty good distance

ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000) ausamo2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bump for more stories and competition haha

Morning bump up. Some fun stories here. As mike said, Pics would be fun.
    Honey Stinger forum rep

Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000) Ljonhjarta is just really nice. (+1000)
    Morning bump up. Some fun stories here. As mike said, Pics would be fun.
    Edited my post to include one for you!

US Army Veteran

Originally Posted by Ljonhjarta View Post
    Edited my post to include one for you!
    Thanks man! Looks like that think would also make a hell of a weapon for a big dude... 2 balls of barbed wire, coming at you!
    Honey Stinger forum rep

as much as id like to win these, BUMP cuz Im diggin the stories as wel

mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000) mgering1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I once did an ab workout after a long hike up a mountain in the Adirondacks. It kind of reminded me of the movie heavyweights when ben stiller took all the boys on the 21 mile hike.

Thanks man! Looks like that think would also make a hell of a weapon for a big dude... 2 balls of barbed wire, coming at you!
    Oh hell yea, it should be the new pugil stick for all military training. Or how about if they brought back American Gladiators and used it instead of their weak-status padded ones?

US Army Veteran