somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000)

any tmisc brahs do MMA?

There's a place not even 10 mins from my house that is a training place for MMA and i was thinking about starting it

i just wanna know what it takes to do it, like how many hours per week and how hard it is and what the training is like
    bench - 320 x 1

squat - 360 x 1

Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Chaotic2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    But I kinda want to in the future. Since Pete Rubish started training for MMA I want to do it lol.

mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's hella cardio. Anything with mma or wrestling/boxing/fighting in general takes Hellaa cardio if you want to be good. And usually the guy with the best cardio wins. You also have to be a certain weight so figure out how big you want to be or what class you want to fight in and get to that weight. You don't have to have a lot of muscle to be a great fighter but you need to have athleticism or some damn heart.
    *Lift because of Dragonball Z crew*

danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes. Are you interested in fighting? Or just training? And everything the above poster said is true.
    145lb/66kg Junior powerlifter (22 y/o)

Comp Lifts - 457.5/314.2/600.8 1372.5lb @143 6/8/2019
    Gym Lifts - 420x5/315/585x2
    Front squat - 315x5, 280x10
    OHP - weak af

Lifting since Oct. 12'|Powerlifting since Jan 16'
    IG: @danlsann

mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50) mattqchou will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by somfking View Post
    There's a place not even 10 mins from my house that is a training place for MMA and i was thinking about starting it

i just wanna know what it takes to do it, like how many hours per week and how hard it is and what the training is like
    As a hobby? It's superbly easy, you can go maybe 3 1-2 hour classes a week.

For amateur fighting? It's a pain in the ass, making weight, perfecting defenses, strategies, conditioning. Takes a ton of time.

Professional? You'll know by then.
    ▲▼▲5'8" Master Race Crew▲▼▲

somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000) somfking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by danlsann View Post
    Yes. Are you interested in fighting? Or just training? And everything the above poster said is true.
    i want to start out just training to see how it is and if i like it, cause i wrestled for about 5 years.

and if i like it i want to actually start fighting
    bench - 320 x 1

squat - 360 x 1

mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50) mmaKody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i want to start out just training to see how it is and if i like it, cause i wrestled for about 5 years.

Its good you have wrestling background. I suggest getting into a muay Thai kickboxing. IMO its the most complete style. Tons of things to be learned and such a good thing to thrown in with some good wrestling.
    *Lift because of Dragonball Z crew*

But I'm not a powerlifter Aasemd's Avatar
    Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm a kickboxer who happens to study jujitsu too. Muay Thai to be exact. I'd say go for it. It's hard balancing training and weight lifting though. It's nice to be able to size people up and know if anything goes down I know how to defend myself well on my feet and if the guy if bigger i can take him to the ground and let physics and leverage do its job.

danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) danlsann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wrestling will help out a lot with the grappling part of MMA. I suggest Muay Thai kickboxing, along with regular boxing. I don't find thai as good for just hands as boxing. It's a great art to learn though, there's much to learn.

OHP - weak af

But I'm not a powerlifter Aasemd's Avatar
    Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aasemd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wrestling will help out a lot with the grappling part of MMA. I suggest Muay Thai kickboxing, along with regular boxing. I don't find thai as good for just hands as boxing. It's a great art to learn though, there's much to learn.
    Elbows are much more effect at controlling fights anyway. It's Jon Jones favorite. Anderson silva is fluent with them too. Elbows are king in close quarters.

Originally Posted by Aasemd View Post
    Elbows are much more effect at controlling fights anyway. It's Jon Jones favorite. Anderson silva is fluent with them too. Elbows are king in close quarters.
    Well no chit, but the boxing aspect of thai is weak. Thats what I was trying to say. It's a great art, anyone that has a good amount of training in it could easily take the average street fighter out.

OHP - weak af

APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50) APflyer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    competed in shotokan karate and trained in muay thai and BJJ ... conditioning isn't a big part of karate but it's huge in MMA. so much cardio ... i was in amazing shape going into training and even better coming out of it ...
    BUT M8 CARDIO KILS MUSSEL MASS
    GOODNIGHT SWEET GAINS

BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BantamWrestler is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's as hard as you make it. During the school year I trained like 3x a week which was pretty chill but now im preparing for my first fight so im at my gym 9x a week typically. don't piss off the people better than you(which will be everyone at first) and they won't INTENTIONALLY hurt you but you will get hurt eventually

Master of Proteen Fartz cinnawaffls's Avatar
    cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For like 6 months I did muay thai 3 times a week for 2 hours every practice. It was pretty fun just punching **** but it was tough. Involves a lot of cardio and footwork. My calves would hurt at the end of practices from standing on my toes the whole time.

Then I did some brazilian jiu jitu for about the same time period along with wrestling for my school freshmen year.

I love mma, its my favorite sport, but I stopped doing it. It requires a lot of discipline and endurance, which I didn't have at the time. I'd go back to train again but i'm already too busy focusing on other sports and other commitments.
    "God will not have his work made manifest through cowards"

Originally Posted by mmaKody View Post
    Its good you have wrestling background. I suggest getting into a muay Thai kickboxing. IMO its the most complete style. Tons of things to be learned and such a good thing to thrown in with some good wrestling.
    Originally Posted by Aasemd View Post
    I'm a kickboxer who happens to study jujitsu too. Muay Thai to be exact. I'd say go for it. It's hard balancing training and weight lifting though. It's nice to be able to size people up and know if anything goes down I know how to defend myself well on my feet and if the guy if bigger i can take him to the ground and let physics and leverage do its job.
    Originally Posted by cinnawaffls View Post
    For like 6 months I did muay thai 3 times a week for 2 hours every practice. It was pretty fun just punching **** but it was tough. Involves a lot of cardio and footwork. My calves would hurt at the end of practices from standing on my toes the whole time.

Then I did some brazilian jiu jitu for about the same time period along with wrestling for my school freshmen year.

I love mma, its my favorite sport, but I stopped doing it. It requires a lot of discipline and endurance, which I didn't have at the time. I'd go back to train again but i'm already too busy focusing on other sports and other commitments.
    can one of you explain to me exactly what type of fighting muay thai is?

and i feel a big problem for me if i do get into fighting is my felxibility, i can't even touch my toes
    bench - 320 x 1

squat - 360 x 1

Master of Proteen Fartz cinnawaffls's Avatar
    cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50) cinnawaffls will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can one of you explain to me exactly what type of fighting muay thai is?

and i feel a big problem for me if i do get into fighting is my felxibility, i can't even touch my toes
    Muay thai is just kick boxing but also incorporating your elbows and knees which you dont do in typical western kickboxing
    "God will not have his work made manifest through cowards"

Originally Posted by cinnawaffls View Post
    Muay thai is just kick boxing but also incorporating your elbows and knees which you dont do in typical western kickboxing
    Pretty much this

OHP - weak af