kelsey2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

how to correctly build muscle?

Hi, I'm fairly new to this site. Currently at 140 pounds (which is one of my heaviest weights, I know its not bad though) I am toned as most would say but I still have a few pounds of fat I would like to lose. I uploaded a progress photo if you'd like to check it out. These pounds are basically around my sides, my "love handles." While when I am standing and have loose clothing on, they do not show bad, I want to get rid of them for good. They make me very self conscious. I have problems with my diet. It'll go good god 5 or 6 days then I'll get off track or binge. Sometimes I just cant control myself. No it never causes excess gained pounds, but it is stopping me from my goal. I would like to get to 130 pounds (I have been 125 and still had a bit of love handles, that was 2 years ago) and I am looking to build muscle. Right now I lift weights 6 days a week and do some cardio each day, 30 minutes or more. I alternate body parts. a bigger question of mine is when eating excess food, what do I eat and how do I ensure it doesn't get turned into fat?! please, any advice would be good. Thanks!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You need to commit to stopping the binging. And then if you have a binge, you need to go right back to eating healthy again, and recommit. Count your calories - I like to use the myfitnesspal app on my phone. If you need general information on getting fit check out my site, as it has all of the basics - www.hotnfit.com
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom

Hokiegal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in the same boat as you, just a little fluff around the middle. Snacking is one of my downfalls. If you have to snack, have some veggies and hummus on hand. Or sweet cherry tomatoes out on your counter. Not as satisfying if you have a sweet tooth, but the protein in the hummus should help you feel full, as should the fiber of the veggies, I would think. I'm not a nutritionist, just my two cents.

MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000) MoonAbove is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kelsey2013 View Post
    It'll go good god 5 or 6 days then I'll get off track or binge. Sometimes I just cant control myself.
    Why do you think that is? Are you depriving yourself too much on your "good days", so then you're completely starving and depleted? Is it emotional eating?

Figure out the cause, and then you can change the result.
    "Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MoonAbove View Post
    Why do you think that is? Are you depriving yourself too much on your "good days", so then you're completely starving and depleted? Is it emotional eating?

Figure out the cause, and then you can change the result.
    I agree. How many calories are you taking in? How restrictive is your food plan? I do see your in the gym and doing cardio daily. Maybe choose a program that has you lifting 4x week and cardio 2-3x week.