jeremyPJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

food/supps @ bedtime

Someone told me a while back that a good thing to eat at bedtime would be cottage cheese, for a slow release of casein protein, and some L-Arginine and L-Lysine as well, to help with the natural HGH release during sleep. Any thoughts on if this is a good plan to follow, or any other suggestions?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jeremyPJ View Post
    Any thoughts on if this is a good plan to follow, or any other suggestions?
    It isn't a good plan unless you simply feel like eating that particular food at night and you feel like wasting money on useless supplements.

My suggestion: learn the basics about nutrition by reading the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I pretty much have a glass of buttermilk before bed. Not for any sort of silly meal window or metabolic reasoning. Just calms my stomach and helps me sleep better cause I suffer from acid reflux.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    It isn't a good plan unless you simply feel like eating that particular food at night and you feel like wasting money on useless supplements.

My suggestion: learn the basics about nutrition by reading the relevant stickies at the top of the nutrition forum.
    Oh, and hiya Pug!
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    consume whatever food you enjoy before bed while meeting macro, micro and fiber sufficiency. also those supps will do nothing for your HGH
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

evidence based poster Terrimonas's Avatar
    Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Terrimonas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This sounds like a plan hatched by the crackpots of Weider publications.

jeremyPJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    actually, I latched onto this idea here on this site, about 9 or 10 years ago. It was supposed to help with slow protein absorption overnight while HgH was being released in my sleep. I did it for several years, it seemed ok, can't really say if it did/didn't work. I was seeing some good gains, but didn't know if from this , or something else. Just trying to retrace my old footsteps a bit, see what still may work and not. Thanks for the replies.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Terrimonas View Post
    This sounds like a plan hatched by the crackpots of Weider publications.
    We must infiltrate and stop these plans from being released.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by jeremyPJ View Post
    actually, I latched onto this idea here on this site, about 9 or 10 years ago. It was supposed to help with slow protein absorption overnight while HgH was being released in my sleep. I did it for several years, it seemed ok, can't really say if it did/didn't work. I was seeing some good gains, but didn't know if from this , or something else. Just trying to retrace my old footsteps a bit, see what still may work and not. Thanks for the replies.
    Gains from an over all calorie surplus, not because you were consuming these items before bed, cmon, think about it.
    Eat the damn yolk.